Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Tevin Campbell, once hailed as the next Michael Jackson, was pretty much canceled after an undercover cop entrapped him to offer oral sex. He's only now making a slow comeback, decades later.

Invincible Member

Charles Rocket? He got fired from SNL for say the F-Word when the show aired live. He sorta made a come back though as a character actor in a number of TV shows and movies. But when he was on SNL there was all this talk about how he was going to be the next Chevy Chase. But again...he was able to still have a career.
    Last edited by ed2962; 11-11-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Tevin Campbell, once hailed as the next Michael Jackson, was pretty much canceled after an undercover cop entrapped him to offer oral sex. He's only now making a slow comeback, decades later.
    I had to look this up. I don't remember hearing about this.

Invincible Member

Possibly Lenny Bruce. But it was the authorities going after him rather than the public.

Invincible Member

I thought of Paul Ruebens aka Pee Wee Herman ( arrested in an adult threatre for indecent exposure) but again although he laid low for a few years, his fans forgave him pretty quickly.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    When I think of the few celebrities who were actually "cancelled" I think of maybe Micheal Richards, Mel Gibson, maybe Roseanne...

I wouldn't say it was undeserved though...
    I wouldn’t say Mel Gibson’s been “cancelled”, he still does direct to video movies every now and then.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fatty Arbuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Fatty Arbuckle.
    Came up back on the first page...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If we're going to go back, there's Fatty Arbuckle...there's the Hollywood folks who were blacklisted by the HUAC in the 50's ( my knowledge is a little fuzzy on that though)...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Maybe Johnny Depp because of all the drama with Amber Heard? He is starting to get some roles again but nothing major as before.

The Kardashians should be cancelled, but no such luck yet.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The Kardashians should be cancelled, but no such luck yet.
    Couldn’t agree more. What people see in those vapid harridans I’ll never understand.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

I don't know if this counts, but James Gunn being fired from Guardians 3. Though it was temporary, he never should have been fired in the first place as the tweets he posted were from years and years ago. Someone with a lot of time on their hands just got butthurt and did a lot of digging because Gunn didn't worship their idol(I think most people will know who I'm referring to here). I don't condone the tweets that Gunn made, but most people aren't the same person that they were ten years ago.

I think this is different from when it's currently on-going behavior from someone and when they're asked by their bosses to stop, they continue putting their foot in their mouth. Looking at you Gina Carano.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe Johnny Depp because of all the drama with Amber Heard? He is starting to get some roles again but nothing major as before.
    When Depp came to the US to file his suit against Heard, he effectively flipped the public perception of their relationship. Now folks are hating on AMber and feeling sorry for Johnny. Massive PR win for Depp.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    don't know if this counts, but James Gunn being fired from Guardians 3. Though it was temporary, he never should have been fired in the first place as the tweets he posted were from years and years ago. Someone with a lot of time on their hands just got butthurt and did a lot of digging because Gunn didn't worship their idol(I think most people will know who I'm referring to here). I don't condone the tweets that Gunn made, but most people aren't the same person that they were ten years ago.
    The main driver behind that was Mike Cernovich borderline alt-right conspiracy theorist and pick up artist. This same guy says things like date rape does not exist , jokes about sexual assault, and helped spread the Pizzagate hoax.