BANNED

Default Moon Knight #7 - Disscusion/Spoilers

Here goes:

spoilers:

-We open up with a rainy and dark night as an assassin is trying to assasinate a very high profile military man.
    -Moon Knight hops in as the assassin releases a massive EMP, rendering all of NY without electricity.
    -As the target is running away the assassin is chasing him and MK chases the merc.
    -Throughout the story MK is much more talkative, keeping it short, but not two-words-and-that's-it short.
    -We get a couple pages of the situation at the streets of NY, with MK stopping a few crimes on the run, which makes for a couple of great scenes. Also, the police plays a bigger role this time around, with a couple of great interactions between them and Marc.
    -In the end MK catches up (more like breaks his neck with his knee) with the assassin and they engage in "conversation".
    -In the end it is revealed that the (wo)man who put the hit on the general is none other than........his doctor!

end of spoilers

Overall, a great issue! The art, while different, still kept the same dark tone (though I hope Smallwood puts a bit more work on the eyes of MK) and cinematic feel. There was a lot more content this time around, with more dialogue and it served as the start of a new arc. IMHO, it's a worthy successor to the Ellis story(-ies?) and I'm very much looking forward to what Wood has in store.

Mighty Member

Agreed. The issue left me with a significantly better impression than the preview for it. I'm glad I stuck around, but I'm more glad to know that Moon Knight was left in the hands of a capable creative team.

Moonie sure did spend a lot of time adjusting his tie in this issue. Maybe he's still getting used to fighting in a suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Agreed. The issue left me with a significantly better impression than the preview for it. I'm glad I stuck around, but I'm more glad to know that Moon Knight was left in the hands of a capable creative team.

Moonie sure did spend a lot of time adjusting his tie in this issue. Maybe he's still getting used to fighting in a suit.
    Agreed and agreed. It was both funny and kinda creepy in a way. Like an angel/ghost/spirit of death coming to get you. It gave off a very Twillight Zone-Grim Reaper vibe.

I need to read it again, but overall I found it a step-down in quality from Ellis / Shalvay.

The bits I did like was Mr. Knight talking down the police officer and the phone-call at the end of the issue.

As I said I do need to read it again, but my initial impressions made me think if this is something I want to keep reading.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Definitely enjoyed this and I'm glad I stuck onto the series. Greg Smallwood's art is absolutely fantastic and I love what he did here. Wood did a very good job with a tight script and just the right amount of dialogue. The story was very simple, but impactful. Just an exciting chase with a great a nice payoff. If they keep this caliber, I'll be more than happy with the new creative team.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 09-04-2014 at 06:30 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Not a bad debut at all for the new team. Smallwood did some good work for a tough act to follow and Wood had a tight script. I think Moon Knight plays more to his strengths anyway. Will stick around for this "season".

Glad I stuck with this book. The new creative team definitely kept the momentum going.

One thing I didn't understand was why Moon Knight was so against the assassination of the general. Somehow, "This is my city" just doesn't seem like his MO, unless of course he connected his psyche to this hit beforehand and is simply keeping the general alive until he knows what's going on.

I'm just scratching my head over how she's involved and what this hit has to do with Moon Knight.