Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man and Black Widow

Does anyone agree with the following article:

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-black...first-meeting/

It's unfair for the author to say that Black Widow and Spider-Man have nothing in common. Everything based on her first and only encounter with Spider-Man in ASM #86(1970). I wish that Stan Lee would had made Natasha a main stay in Spider-Man's world as an ally who have a common bond over the lost of a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

spyderman and black widow 5 issue mini
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Yes.

It was interesting to see her team up with Pete, and Silver Sable. But let's leave it at that. Black Widow has her own missions to deal with, while Peter has crimes to fight, on his own.

BANNED

The newspaper strip's crossover was a lot of fun, Natasha was MJ's bodyguard and stunt double on the set of her movie, and MJ grew jealous of how closely Peter and Natasha worked together

There's a reason Natasha is excluded from spider events despite having a spider themed codename. Completely different mythos.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a reason Natasha is excluded from spider events despite having a spider themed codename. Completely different mythos.
    The same goes for Deadpool. Yet Deadpool partnership with Spidey worked well for both characters. Why not Spidey and Natasha? Lot's of story potential.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

I'd say Peter and Natasha are completely different genres of character but so were Natasha and Matt Murdoch and that used to be a thing. (Actually Matt's default of noir and spy thrillers aren't that far apart, but Matt and Natasha were together pre-Frank Miller when Daredevil was a more standard superhero.)

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

We've kind of already been there with Mockingbird during the Slott days, it would just be redundant at this point, kind of like this thread lol.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I don't know man I sure wish that Marvel made Black Widow a mainstay of Hawkeye or Daredevil's world. That would have been so cool!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    We've kind of already been there with Mockingbird during the Slott days, it would just be redundant at this point, kind of like this thread lol.
    With respect to Dan Slott's writing, Mockingbird and Spider-Man could had worked out as allies if he had focused on their shared interest with science and technology as well as their ties with the CIA/SHIELD. The romance angle was a crash and burn direction that Slott should not had written. Romance should not had been the focus of their relationship. Working together as allies who could share their respective supporting cast and rogues should had been the priority.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I don't know man I sure wish that Marvel made Black Widow a mainstay of Hawkeye or Daredevil's world. That would have been so cool!
    The same with Spider-Man as Black Widow can contribute a dynamic that would not overlap her partnership with Hawkeye or Daredevil....

I love Darthfury
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«