Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Does anyone agree with the following article:

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-black...first-meeting/

It's unfair for the author to say that Black Widow and Spider-Man have nothing in common. Everything based on her first and only encounter with Spider-Man in ASM #86(1970). I wish that Stan Lee would had made Natasha a main stay in Spider-Man's world as an ally who have a common bond over the lost of a family member.
    Well, something that always bothered me was the fact that Natasha has the name of a Spider, but unlike the other spiders, he's not an actual Spider, she's more like a super-soldier like Captain America. The closest time this could have been fixed was in "Marvel's Spider-Man", as Natasha was infected during the Spider-Island's arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, something that always bothered me was the fact that Natasha has the name of a Spider, but unlike the other spiders, he's not an actual Spider, she's more like a super-soldier like Captain America. The closest time this could have been fixed was in "Marvel's Spider-Man", as Natasha was infected during the Spider-Island's arc.
    Black Widow doesn't have to have Spider-Powers to be a reoccurring ally in the pages of Spider-Man. I feel that Black Widow's partnership with Peter Parker would not overlap her relationship with Hawkeye or Daredevil. If the later of her partners can get along well with Peter Parker, why can't Natasha who should had been one of Spidey's longstanding allies going back to the early 1970's..

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I don't know man I sure wish that Marvel made Black Widow a mainstay of Hawkeye or Daredevil's world. That would have been so cool!
    I do like Natasha as a spy, but I did prefer her as a supehero with Daredevil and/or the Champions and Avengers. Before Frank Miller took over Daredevil, the only stories that interested me were when Natasha co-starred. It was very unique to have a male/female team in the 70s, but I had assumed they had always co-starred up until she left the book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Spider-Man already has allies who don't have spider powers. They're called Black Cat and Prowler.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Spider-Man already has allies who don't have spider powers. They're called Black Cat and Prowler.
    So predictable. Too repetitive. Black Widow and Spider-Man working together would bring about stories that one can't do with Black Cat or Prowler, which is to take the character out of his world unto another, which is Eastern Europe/Russia: Natasha's base of operations. Marvel has Wolverine and Deadpool teaming up with Spider-Man all the time. Black Widow and Spider-Man would make for a unique partnership because their would not overlap any of their previous allies respectively.

Besides, Spider-Man needs to be paired up with an ally who was never a Spider-Man created female character, like The Black Widow or Spider-Woman....
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-23-2024 at 05:49 AM.

It would have been intriguing, once upon a time, for Natasha to instigate a romance with Spider-Man after her stint with Daredevil. She could have provided Peter with more unrevealed intelligence about the spy career of his parents.
    Alas, it will have to be in an alternate world now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Nothing needs to be fixed
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver