Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I remember being 12 and madly running home from the park alongside my bros. and cousin, leaving our dad and uncle strolling behind. They just didn't understand. The TV guide had informed us that the first episode of B:TAS was about to start.

Rest in peace, Mr. Conroy, and thank you for the performance of a lifetime.

Heartbroken.
    He was my favourite Batman, the perfect voice.
    Deep condolences to his family and close friends.

Astonishing Member

Looks like I will be watching Mask of the Phantasm tonight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I realize I can't even, at least right now, much fully articulate why his voice as Batman and Bruce were so perfect, but they just were. His Batman was appropriately dark and yet captured all the rigid angry principled tortured nature it needed to have.

His Bruce has that pitch perfect urbane private school rich boy quality, but also the kind, thoughtful, and sarcastic aspects to it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-11-2022 at 01:18 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I don't really read Batman comics since I'm more a Superman fan but I've watched the movies, tv shows, games and most importantly animations. His Batman was THE Batman. Going through a flood of memories of my brothers and I watching the show after school. Remembering the first time watching Mask of the Phantasm. Whenever I hear Batman's voice, it's Kevin's. I can't imagine anyone else. His ability to shift his voice from Bruce to Batman and conveying these intense emotions in both personas was incredible. This hits so hard. RIP Kevin

Incredible Member

Rest in peace. His voice is what I hear when I read Batman in comics.

Awful news... He was THE Batman for me and so many others. He will not be forgotten.

Fantastic Member

This one hurts just as hard as it did when I lost my father earlier this year.

All-New Member

He was truly one of the best. May he rest in peace.

Kevin Conroy (R.I.P.)

Incredible Member

It's just so hard to believe that Conroy is gone at 66 years of age. So sad , it may sound selfish but Kevin was the perfect voice for both Batman & Bruce Wayne . More so than any other actor that has portrayed both characters on either the Big screen or the small screen.
    Life is very short , so sad 😔. To anyone not yet 60 , I'll tell you that life is short . Do as much as you can do while you're able.
    Rest In Peace Kevin , I'll miss you and many many more will too.

Tonight is a darker night in Gotham City. B:TAS started airing just after my sophomore year of college had ended, and that summer would see Batman Returns arrive in movie theaters. But Kevin Conroy's vocal performance as both Bruce Wayne and Batman outlasted the Burton & Schumacher films, the Nolanverse, and the Snyderverse. Conroy and Mark Hamill, with respect to all the other actors who have portrayed the characters in all media, are THE definitive Batman and Joker.

Rest in peace, Mr. Conroy.

Just saw this. And it sucks. Everytime I read a Batman line (even though the character hasn't been a favorite for a while), is in his voice. Be it Bruce or Batman.

RIP Mr. Conroy.

RIP Batman
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I just can't believe this happened. 2022 has really been an awful year. Life...