Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Nobody could perform a Batman story quite like him, and noone ever will again.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Such sad news. Kevin will always be THE Batman for me, even though he never actually appeared in a physical costume...he just is Batman. Such a sad year this had been.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

No other way to say it, this is awful. He was always so cool to fans. Really wish I could of met him.

If anyone can help I was trying to track down an interview he did years back with Kevin Smith on his podcast Fatman on Batman. It's #11 "Batman himself, Kevin Conroy" seems to have been taken down. If anyone runs across it give it a listen. Really gives background on his life.

Incredible Member

I'm stunned, I grew up watching him play Batman in the shows then the movies and video games and even his live action appearance in the Arrowverse

I actually got to meet him at a convention a few years ago and he was a really friendly, personable guy

He will be greatly missed

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is awful and so unexpected. We have lost THE Batman, and by all accounts a wonderful person.

RIP Kevin, you will be missed

Ultimate Member

Ah...this hurts bad.

He's THE definitive voice of Batman.

He's going to be severely missed.

May he RIP.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-11-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is a punch to gut Kevin is who I think of when I hear Batman in my head. He's always been my favorite Batman actor regardless of medium. RIP

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Fucking Hell man what a loss.

RIP to the legend, he truly was Vengeance and the Night

Pretty much the voice of my after school afternoons. Thanks for the memories.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Really sad to hear. Truly an end to an era. Condolences to his family.

Astonishing Member

Fucking stunned to come home and find Kevin Conroy has passed away aged 66. When I think of Batman, it's Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1995). Whenever I think of Batman's voice, it's always the voice of Kevin Conroy. Always. I'm heartbroken.

Kevin Conroy went on to voice Batman in the aforementioned Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993), The New Batman Adventures (1997-1999), Batman of the Future (1999-2001), Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2002), Justice League (2001-2004), many animated movies, Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009), Batman: Arkham City (2011) and Batman: Arkham Knight (2015). If I could have ever met three famous people, Conway was the one in three.

"I am vengeance, I am the knight, "I am Batman". My thoughts go out to Kevin Conroy's family and friends at this toughest of times. Thank you, Kevin Conroy for all you did xxx.

This is a truly sad start to my btas rewatch. RIP to a Legend.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I only just realized now, but will Multiversus be the last time Conroy played Batman and his last role?

At this point I'm so desensitized about celebrity deaths that I rarely get shocked anymore. This knocked the wind out of my sails. My deepest condolences to the family, loved ones and fellow fans of a man who embodied an iconic character the way few ever have or ever will. Thank you for everything sir. Rest in power.

Posted this in the TV/Movie thread. I hope it's okay if I could repost this here as well:

I think a lot of the posters here will agree with me in saying that Kevin Conroy was our generation's Batman. Batman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, plus all of the other TV and video game appearances have been my main sources for Batman. I agree, I hear Mr. Conroy's voice whenever I read a Batman comic. I'll also add on by saying that I recall his acting and presence whenever I read a Batman comic as well.

Besides his performance as Batman, I'll remember the great interaction with fans. I remember watching him perform with the Comic Book Club where he talked about being a short order cook for volunteers down at Ground Zero just after 9/11. He gave them a special surprise by delivering the trademark "I am vengeance, I am the night, I am BATMAN!" and reminiscing with the volunteers afterwards. I'll also remember the time he and Clancy Brown shared their respective thoughts on playing Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor. Finally, I'm glad to know that he wrote his story of being a gay man just in time for the DC Pride issue.

Thank you so much for everything Mr. Conroy. Thank you for being our Batman.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."