Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I am still stunned. My 6 year old son has been wondering why I have looked so down all day. I explained why. He understood. I then showed him BTAS "Almost Got 'Im". It is by far my favorite episode ever.

Mr Conroy, I will always read a Batman comic using your voice in my head. You are Batman and will always be.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 11-12-2022 at 06:50 AM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

As with many, he was my gateway to the Dark Knight. I enjoyed the Keaton movie, but I loved The Animated Series and it's a true shame that the iconic voice behind the Caped Crusader has passed away.

Conroy's legacy will continue for as long as fans hear his voice when they read the character, and I imagine that will never cease. He really did take on one of the world's largest characters and made it his own, the same way Christopher Reeve did Superman. He was, is and will forever be the voice of Batman as far as this reader is concerned.

66 was far too short a life, but I hope that he felt it was a fulfilling one. Real shame. My heartfelt condolences to all that survive him. Rest in peace.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

All-New Member

It's truly a shame that he left this earth too soon. I met him once at a con in NJ and tapped out I apologized for not having the funds to get an autograph but told him how he defined Batman. A few years later I downloaded Waze only because of a promo that had his voice giving directions.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I cannot believe my Batman is gone...

I remember as a kid running home to catch Fox Kids to catch a episode with my friends.

He was enthralling, he was the voice of heroism, the voice caring, and the voice of justice.

His voice is what I hear when I read a comic and I am gutted...

But...

Batman will never die!

Because for an entire generation we will always remember your impact on us and your voice when we read and pass it on to the next generation.

Pour one out for my Batman. Conroy's Batman has always been the definitive Batman for me. Above even the comic version. His version is who I grew up watching, enjoying every adventure after school.

Hope to see you in paradise, my good man.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

RIP Kevin
    I grew up watching JLA and he caught my eye to read Batman comics. He was at his peak of his powers of his voice with Batman. It's freaking unbelievable to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Man i really love his voice in this song more than the actual singer who sang

This is legitimately the most upset a celebrity's passing has ever made me, Kevin Conroy is the reason I even got into Batman and superheroes in the first place. I'm 32 and have watched Batman: The Animated Series since I was 3 years old and I loved his voice and presence immediately. The only other voice actor to have a similar effect on me is/was Mel Blanc. By all accounts he was an incredibly kind and warm man who truly loved playing the character.

RIP Mr. Conroy

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I want to throw something

Absolutely numb since hearing this news.

Amazing voice actor who defined a character for more than one generation using just his voice.

So many of us associate his voice with Batman and will continue to read Batman comics with his iconic voice. He was also very nice and generous to fans and left behind an amazing legacy. He will be sorely missed.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I grew up with Batman the Animated Series. It was a huge part of my childhood, and Kevin Conroy was my Batman. He is a legend. Rest in peace, and thank you for introducing me to the incredible world that is Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Man i really love his voice in this song more than the actual singer who sang
    It’s been in my head all day

Astonishing Member

Heartbroken. This is most upset I've been over a famous person's passing. To me Kevin Conroy is Batman and Batman is Batman: The Animated Series. We've lost a legend.

Incredible Member

If I imagine how Batman sounds when he speaks in the comics then it is in Kevin Conroy’s voice that’s how strong the association between actor and character is for me.