Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This was a good little adventure.

spoilers:
    Fighting Neron's Demons with you dog, i guess you can write this type of stories in Bludhaven, huh?
    end of spoilers
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...The mullet?
    Disco-Wing?

Pretty cute issue. I do almost wish they went the other way with Dicks reactions to having an Imp though. I think id be funnier if he was exited to have one as a status brag. Still, this was cute. I liked the artist's Raven.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Fun issue, nite mite was much less obnoxiois than i thought.
    This title is keeping quality high and I'm really happy about it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I love that Haley got to be full on bite-wing here, this was a fantastic issue.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I love that Haley got to be full on bite-wing here, this was a fantastic issue.
    I really loved it too. I didn't know what to expect after that cliffhanger at the end of last issue. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Astonishing Member

This was one of my favorite issues of the run so far. And it was unexpected. I mean it's been a long time coming, but still pretty unexpected, and it played nicely, and as a one-shot didn't overstay its conceptual welcome. A totally fun concept and actually funny that Dick gets an Imp before say, Wonder Woman. At this point Superman has an Imp, thereby the Superman Family has a Family of Imps, and Batman has an Imp. Aquaman has a trio of them, one in particular being a real annoyance. It seems like they tend to come for characters with Forties-long histories and a lot of Silver Age baggage, but that's assuming.

Pulling or mining the randomness of Underworld Unleashed was a nice touch. And world-building-wise, casually throwing in "Blockbuster has a Meta daughter" is out of nowhere but works. There was some nice Fifth Dimensional comic art layouts and weirdness in the presentation, and the Dog Sidekick aspect sold the whole thing. Loved it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It was interesting how they actually referenced the dragged out "will they/won't they" part of Dick and Babs relationship over the last 15 or so years in the fake wedding scene. It is something that gets brought up a lot on this forum, especially those exact will they/won't they words. Just interesting how it seems things we specifically reference here are getting brought up more, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It was interesting how they actually referenced the dragged out "will they/won't they" part of Dick and Babs relationship over the last 15 or so years in the fake wedding scene. It is something that gets brought up a lot on this forum, especially those exact will they/won't they words. Just interesting how it seems things we specifically reference here are getting brought up more, haha.
    Is it surprising? Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon (with Kory) are the second example of the "Will They or Won't They" trope in the comic book section.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...TheyOrWontThey
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Taylor has always been pretty meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Is it surprising? Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon (with Kory) are the second example of the "Will They or Won't They" trope in the comic book section.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...TheyOrWontThey
    I don't know if it was surprising, but just very on point to what the forum has been discussing. Like they could have said it other ways, like dancing around each other or something instead.