Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Namor vs Aquaman

Movie versions.

Namor is one of the better parts of this film is all I gotta say
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Namor should take this, he's got some pretty excellent speed (bullet timer ish). plus flight.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Namor should take this, he's got some pretty excellent speed (bullet timer ish). plus flight.
    Yeah, Namor was superfast.

Unusually so for an MCU character.

Depends on if Namors speed can over come AM if it can't there not much Namor can do.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Depends on if Namors speed can over come AM if it can't there not much Namor can do.
    Namor comes off as much faster, more skilled and at minimum in the same ballpark for strength and toughness. It's his fight to own. AM could maybe take him ifNamor is weakened, but the situations required to weaken him don't exist here.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Namor comes off as much faster, more skilled and at minimum in the same ballpark for strength and toughness. It's his fight to own. AM could maybe take him ifNamor is weakened, but the situations required to weaken him don't exist here.
    Did AM pick up a submarine? I think that's way more than anything Namor did right?

Namor's got a spear that punches through Vibranium. If he's faster than Aquaman then Aquaman is dead.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh………..

Namor’s not stronger. In flight he’s faster than Arthur on land, sure, but above ground he was kind of just brawling away against his main opponent. He does have some good batting away energy blast feats, but even durability wise he’s………not on Arthur’s level (who takes blows from Superman and Steppenwolf without becoming paste).

In water, Arthur is faster and would dismantle him (as we see him faster than sound under water).

Standard above ground, all things allowed, Namor wins via flight. Too nimble.

Hand to hand only? Pretty sure Arthur wins via better durability/strength (until Namor gets better ones).

As to Namor’s spear, the spear head is Vibranium. The shaft however is not, as someone breaks it. King Atlan’s trident is all Promethean IIRC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

M'baku made the statement that Namor is almost as strong as the Hulk, but I don't feel that was accurately conveyed anywhere in the movie so that'd likely be hyperbole - or the narrative for that matter, he's only been around to witness that in Endgame.

Having said that, I'm curious, what's been the Black Panther suit's best feats of damage soak?

It's...hedging, I admit, since the royal siblings have slightly differently configured suits, but when Namor tossed Shuri, she fractured the ground and got embedded in stone, visibly stunned, and got rocked by his punches, but still managed to maneuver deftly at the end of their fight. Did T'challa take or survive anything similar, outside of Thanos' ship bombardment?

Again, flimsy grounds, but it might be something of a barometer to compare their strength I suppose.

Panther suit damage resistance:

1. Mostly tanks Klaw's sonic weapon. This launches T'Challa back but doesn't really do any damage to him.

2. Takes some absolutely ridiculous hits in the Killmonger/T'Challa fight in the Vibranium mountain. As long as the suit is "working" the wearers take zero damage. The weird sonic field disables the suit and lets T'Challa kill Killmonger.

3. Ignores grenades and bullets.

4. Car crash sorts of things do nothing at all to the wearer.

5. Gets overwhelmed-ish by Thanos.

6. Prevents any and all damage from the army of mad doggies in Infinity War.

7. For some reason, doesn't work against Nat's shocky things.

Namor's punches, while he is explicitly tremendously weakened, do more than anything other than Thanos.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Suit seems to pretty specifically protect against and absorb kinetic energy. Sonics kind of fall into that category, depending on what is doing the damage (edit: given it was tossing T'Challa around, seems likely), so it makes some sense that it works against Klaw's power but not the Widow's Bite.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-14-2022 at 05:12 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Panther suit damage resistance:

1. Mostly tanks Klaw's sonic weapon. This launches T'Challa back but doesn't really do any damage to him.

2. Takes some absolutely ridiculous hits in the Killmonger/T'Challa fight in the Vibranium mountain. As long as the suit is "working" the wearers take zero damage. The weird sonic field disables the suit and lets T'Challa kill Killmonger.

3. Ignores grenades and bullets.

4. Car crash sorts of things do nothing at all to the wearer.

5. Gets overwhelmed-ish by Thanos.

6. Prevents any and all damage from the army of mad doggies in Infinity War.

Namor's punches, while he is explicitly tremendously weakened, do more than anything other than Thanos.
    I happened to look at supercut and there looks like a bit where he seems to get hit with Thanos' thrown helicopter sword and takes no damage.

Which is completely insane given that thing bit through Captain America's shield.

00:22 for the timestamp.

That is insane. o_0
    Chief Curmudgeon

Weird thought. Could Arthur screw with his brain?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure