Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As to Namor’s spear, the spear head is Vibranium. The shaft however is not, as someone breaks it. King Atlan’s trident is all Promethean IIRC.
    With Namor’s superior reaction time, Aquaman's getting stabbed through the head *with* the tip, so the point still stands.
    Last edited by Twickster; 11-14-2022 at 07:54 AM.

Is there a real chance that Arthur simply messes with his brain? Namor is a huge threat from a physical confrontation perspective. Best to avoid that if possible.

If Namor was literally presented as 50% aquatic lifeform, there may be an opportunity here. The DCEU Atlanteans were presented as land dwelling humanoids before the fall. Arthur controls the Trench people in the final conflict using Atlan's trident and they used to be regular Atlanteans way back.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Namor and the Atlanteans as far as I recall are presented more as spoilers:
    humans who are mutated via a vague Vibranium-based ritual treatment derived from religion which may or may not be real in the same way Wakandan mystical stuff may or may not be magical.
    end of spoilers

I'm not 100% DC's thing will map 1:1 onto this
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ah. Seems an unlikely strategy to work if thats the case.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ah. Seems an unlikely strategy to work if thats the case.
    Yeah, I wouldn't imagine that Arthur can control them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Having had a chance to better review Namor's reaction feats for smacking away energy blasts, I'm not really seeing him as being massively outside of Aquaman's own speed ballpark. More nimble/maneuverable for sure... but that's sort of expected when one has the equivalent of rocket boosters attached to their legs lol

Aquaman had plenty of moments where he similarly deflected fast moving energy blasts with his trident.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - big_adventure

Having had a chance to better review Namor's reaction feats for smacking away energy blasts, I'm not really seeing him as being massively outside of Aquaman's own speed ballpark. More nimble/maneuverable for sure... but that's sort of expected when one has the equivalent of rocket boosters attached to their legs lol

Aquaman had plenty of moments where he similarly deflected fast moving energy blasts with his trident.
    Do you really think the two are comparable? Namor's stuff includes both swatting away and casually last-momoent dodging blasts that are visibly much faster than AM. To me, anyway. I'll have to see it again to be sure. But I'd place Aquaman nowhere near CBPH and namor as a BT. AM's spinny shield thing isn't BT for me, he's not remotely reacting to individual shots. And they are visibly much slower.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Do you really think the two are comparable? Namor's stuff includes both swatting away and casually last-momoent dodging blasts that are visibly much faster than AM. To me, anyway. I'll have to see it again to be sure. But I'd place Aquaman nowhere near CBPH and namor as a BT. AM's spinny shield thing isn't BT for me, he's not remotely reacting to individual shots. And they are visibly much slower.
    None of the images I posted were of him using his trident spinning technique. He was just reacting to and then swatting away shots. I'm also not seeing Wakandan blasts being any faster than the Atlantean?
    - big_adventure

None of the images I posted were of him using his trident spinning technique. He was just reacting to and then swatting away shots. I'm also not seeing Wakandan blasts being any faster than the Atlantean?
    I'll need to see the film again.