Default Could Wakanda survive if vibranium became useless?

Okay so this is something that's been on my mind recently about the country Wakanda when one looks at it I feel like the only reason it is so advanced is because of its vibranium and I honestly would like to see a story arc where something like another meteor strikes the land but unlike before the meteor sends shockwaves through the country that renders all their technology useless and all the vibranium inert. I like this idea as it would reverse things for Wakanda and Black Panther they are used to people wanting vibranium from them and what not but happens when they lose everything over night? You know like the great depression imagine they end up having to ask for aid, but no one is willing to give it because of their isolationist policies in the past and no longer having anything to offer because they lose everything very quickly. Leading to the country collapsing and Tchalla losing is kingdom and status possibly even getting exiled with his sister and forced to watch as his worst enemies rebuild the country in their image.

I like that idea because I don't know if there's a story where he and his sister have ever lost everything and I just like that concept of an act of God just taking everything from Tchalla. I'm also intrigued by the idea of Tchalla and his sister being in exile after the collapse of their country and no longer having any resources because their government is gone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Okay so this is something that's been on my mind recently about the country Wakanda when one looks at it I feel like the only reason it is so advanced is because of its vibranium and I honestly would like to see a story arc where something like another meteor strikes the land but unlike before the meteor sends shockwaves through the country that renders all their technology useless and all the vibranium inert. I like this idea as it would reverse things for Wakanda and Black Panther they are used to people wanting vibranium from them and what not but happens when they lose everything over night? You know like the great depression imagine they end up having to ask for aid, but no one is willing to give it because of their isolationist policies in the past and no longer having anything to offer because they lose everything very quickly. Leading to the country collapsing and Tchalla losing is kingdom and status possibly even getting exiled with his sister and forced to watch as his worst enemies rebuild the country in their image.

I like that idea because I don't know if there's a story where he and his sister have ever lost everything and I just like that concept of an act of God just taking everything from Tchalla. I'm also intrigued by the idea of Tchalla and his sister being in exile after the collapse of their country and no longer having any resources because their government is gone.
    Almost everything you suggested here has happened already.

Yes. Yes, it could.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Well, they are a space empire now so yes, yes they could.

Wakanda is already the power that it is. Removing the vibranium doesn't remove the centuries of development and technological progress. They would just shift all that knowledge from working with vibranium to something else. They may decline in some ways, but not enough to suddenly make them vulnerable.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Almost everything you suggested here has happened already.
    Specifically in Doomwar, at least insofar as vibranium becoming useless, though only because T'Challa made (nearly) all the vibranium in the MU completely inert to keep Doctor Doom from using it to amplify himself to "God Mode" levels of power and take over the world . . . which Bast/the Panther God would have let happen because she looked into his soul and all the paths his future could take, and saw that somehow, the only future where humanity was prosperous and at peace was one ruled by Doom.
    The spider is always on the hunt.