Default MCU Doctor Strange vs DCEU Dr. Fate

MCU Strange takes on DCEU's Dr. Fate.

No Time Stone for Strange.

1. No BFR/Mirror Dimension allowed

2. Anything goes.

Who wins in each scenario?

Despite the two nerfs, I still feel like Strange has too much oomph and too many options to fail.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Dr.Fate got some nice feats in BA. Strong force fields, energy attacks, teleportation, making multiple copies of himself. I think he could have taken if he wasn't trying to sacrifice himself for Hawkman.

Can't make up my mind right now who would win.

Actually, this is probably pretty close considering the stipulations here. They both have lots of options.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

This is one that really baffles me as they both have a lot of go to spells. They seem just about even that it could be a toss up really.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Since Strange has been in more movies he has displayed several more abilities than Fate, along with several similar abilities to Fate's. So I think he's the trickier opponent.

Strange wins but I think if this was Hawkman with fates helmet he would win.

Doesn't Fate win via speed blitz? I realize that seems to be the fate (no pun intended) of most DCEU vs. MCU fights, but Dr. Fate does have impressive speed feats. One happened after Black Adam saved Amon and went super ionized; while Bullet Time was in effect and Adam's lightning was moving in slow motion, Fate* moved fast enough to save Isis before everything went up in smoke. Fate is also fast enough to deflect Black Adam's lightning.

* Except for Cyclone, the JSA all demonstrate super speed in this sequence.

With his clairvoyance, teleportation, invisibility, super strength, cloning, illusions, and energy attacks (one magical Ankh injured Black Adam), Fate has more going for him.

Imagine Strange putting on Helmet of Fate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Strange wins but I think if this was Hawkman with fates helmet he would win.
    Since the helmet allowed Hawkman to hold it and allowed him to fool Sabbac with illusions (with Sabbac definitely showing superspeed in fight even if briefly, and Hawkman faring a lot better against Sabbac with the helmet than against Black Adam without it, and Adam being more than happy to humiliate regular Hawkman with superspeed at the time), and allowed Hawkman to partially hold Sabbac by generating enough magic clones of him, I'm with you that adding Hawkman's indestructible weapon and fighting skills to the equation would bring a lot. But, no spoilers, given what the entire scene was about, I feel this might have been a one-off event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Doesn't Fate win via speed blitz? I realize that seems to be the fate (no pun intended) of most DCEU vs. MCU fights, but Dr. Fate does have impressive speed feats. One happened after Black Adam saved Amon and went super ionized; while Bullet Time was in effect and Adam's lightning was moving in slow motion, Fate* moved fast enough to save Isis before everything went up in smoke. Fate is also fast enough to deflect Black Adam's lightning.

* Except for Cyclone, the JSA all demonstrate super speed in this sequence.

With his clairvoyance, teleportation, invisibility, super strength, cloning, illusions, and energy attacks (one magical Ankh injured Black Adam), Fate has more going for him.

Imagine Strange putting on Helmet of Fate.
    Good question about Fate having superspeed. Keeping in mind Fate has limited running time in one movie, he's presented as being 1) the most experienced JSA powerhouse which is the only team that can possibly fight Black Adam in short notice (we all know the Suicide Squad would die badly and Justice League members are partly batting IRL demons) and 2) as I mentioned above Sabbac showed superspeed in a couple scenes while curbing the JSA in the streets (notably before Doctor Fate unleashed enough magic to lock the entire fight away from the rest of the JSA, and not only that but also multi-task doing that, while fighting Sabbac, to mentally reach to a sedated Black Adam while also astrally throwing magics to release him from a top security prison).

Which makes enough sense since Fate is meant to hold the line against Sabbac who is completely empowered by the maximum evil magic entitites to counter the good Shazam ones. Superspeed in DC Films is most associated with Superman (who is Superman), the Flash (who is the Flash), and then magic powerered characters. Shazam characters, Black Adam and Sabbac already showed a lot in this regard, and Doctor Fate was introduced as being able to fight Black Adam by fighting magic with magic. Heck you could also say he was also introduced to have godlike power, and Wonder Woman is the major speedster name you could also throw in here, since a lot of Shazam talk (including the Shazam 2 trailer which made me think included a blitz scene) revolves around gods.
    Last edited by Wildling; 11-15-2022 at 11:57 PM.