Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MCU Submariner vs DCEU Wonder Woman

Standard rumbles settings.

Who wins? And why?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Standard rumbles settings.

Who wins? And why?
    Diana by a landslide. Stronger, faster, more skilled, better defenses.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Namor was portrayed as a lot more nimble than most MCU powerhouses, which was a welcome thing to be sure, however he still lacks the required speed to take a victory here.

She should chop him down in short order.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I've seen a few comments about Namor having speedfeats, and I'm curious - what kind of speedfeats does he have?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I've seen a few comments about Namor having speedfeats, and I'm curious - what kind of speedfeats does he have?
    He basically parries rapid Wakandan beam fire at close range Daredevil-style and was basically untargetable by their spaceships in the air.

Thanks!

Hm.

I guess I'll wait for a youtube to look at it in more detail.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He's definitely some degree of bullet timing. It's probably not high enough for Diana, however, at least not yet.

Okoye and a bunch of the Dora Milage get some serious BT chops as well: parrying machine-gun fire from close range with swings of their staves.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Because he's blocking energy blasts? Because people can't target him?

We're pretty picky about bullet-timing and other speedfeats here. I'd personally like to see the feats before I agreed to them being bullet-timing.
    Why are we here?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Namor and the Dora are all aim dodging from what I could tell. For Namor it didn’t look any more impressive than Falcon dodging the flak batteries back in Winter Soldier. Lot of juking and jerking around.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Namor and the Dora are all aim dodging from what I could tell. For Namor it didn’t look any more impressive than Falcon dodging the flak batteries back in Winter Soldier. Lot of juking and jerking around.
    I swear I can remember a scene where Namor moved his head only out of the way of laser fire.

(But I'm not sure because most of his scenes were sped up).
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-14-2022 at 07:34 PM.

Diana by a landslide. Stronger, faster, more skilled, better defenses.
    Agreed. Not only that but her lasso and bracelets are going to give her an even greater edge. Even with his spear, Namor is just out-matched.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Because he's blocking energy blasts? Because people can't target him?

We're pretty picky about bullet-timing and other speedfeats here. I'd personally like to see the feats before I agreed to them being bullet-timing.
    You'll have to see then, but it's pretty impressive. He uses his spear to casually swat away rapid-fire energy blasts that are a fair degree faster than bullets. He also casually snaps out of the way of them after they are fired. He's damn quick.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Nah, Namor casually swats away rapid fire energy blasts as well as dodging them casually after they are fired. They are energy blasts thus can be suspect, but in this case they cover hundreds of meters in tiny fractions of a second - they are high power bullet speed at minimum.

Okoye and a couple of other Dora use their spears to swat away machine gun fire at close range, like Wade Wilson with his swords in Origins: Wolverine.

None of that is aim-dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He's definitely some degree of bullet timing. It's probably not high enough for Diana, however, at least not yet.

Okoye and a bunch of the Dora Milage get some serious BT chops as well: parrying machine-gun fire from close range with swings of their staves.
    Was this the laboratory fight scene? Where Okoye chastises the use of knives?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Was this the laboratory fight scene? Where Okoye chastises the use of knives?
    Yup, pretty sure it was. When Okoye and a couple of others walk into the room with the guys with assault rifles, they make with the spinny spinny with the staves and block all of the bullets.