Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You wish he were but nothing about that cover says they're fighting
    He is calling the lightning, and she is getting wrecked by it. Like typical WW stuff these days. Always getting beaten by somebody. The greatest punching bag of all time. Cheetah better watch out. somebody else is coming for your title.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    He is calling the lightning, and she is getting wrecked by it. Like typical WW stuff these days. Always getting beaten by somebody. The greatest punching bag of all time. Cheetah better watch out. somebody else is coming for your title.
    Nothing says that he is calling the lightning. Even if he did, nothing about that image is her geting wrecked.

This isnt a VS event. Its a team up.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nothing says that he is calling the lightning. Even if he did, nothing about that image is her geting wrecked.

This isnt a VS event. Its a team up.
    He is shining and all spraks around him with lightning while also hitting WW. And according to what i heard. WW will act the part of a villain to shazam.

The lightning is clearly striking both of them. The premise is the gods are turning against their champions.

There's plenty awful about this as it is. You don't need to make up things to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Okay, so Diana isn't turned to mud. She's just a lapdog for the gods. And Wilson's back. Hooray.

Expect nothing, get even less. Par for the course.
    She's basically being blackmailed into doing it but at this point I just don't see how she could ever have any Faith in the Gods again.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He is shining and all spraks around him with lightning while also hitting WW. And according to what i heard. WW will act the part of a villain to shazam.
    He's getting hit as well. And you keep going off on hearsay when we all have the same information.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's basically being blackmailed into doing it but at this point I just don't see how she could ever have any Faith in the Gods again.
    It's a contrivance to get Diana out of the picture. This isn't a team-up between Diana and Billy, it's a team-up with Billy and Yara.

The gods turn on their champions, and Diana caves (like the loser that she is). She's going to spend the story impotently pouting while Yara, Billy and the rest of the Shazam family saves the day.

Impotent pouting...sounds par for the course with Wilson's Diana.

So, Diana is going to be the gods' lap dog ala Superman in TDKR? Joy. AND Wilson is on bored to write, which means we'll get yet another snooze fest.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ooh, I like the solicit saying that the gods "gave them their powers in the first place." It's subtle, but yet another nail in the coffin of Daddy Zeus.

Still, I would like to see the gods as actual positive elements in WW's life again.

And she even says here Diana is going to be tested in ways she never was tasted before
    I bet Diana's mother will die again, a coupla hundred of her amazon sisters will be massacred, and Diana herself will be turned to mud, and eventually, will come out "stronger" (right after the male superhero saves the day).
    Yeah, tested in ways she never was tasted before.

I am of course (half) kidding, but I hope I am 100 % wrong.

A Shazam and Wonder Woman team-up sounds like a good idea on paper. Everything else though... Idk, she was already put into the background during TotA, why do that again now?

I never read Wilson's run but from what I've heard I hope she knows the character better now. I hope Diana is on the Gods' side because she's secretly teaming up with Hippolyta.

It's a contrivance to get Diana out of the picture. This isn't a team-up between Diana and Billy, it's a team-up with Billy and Yara.

The gods turn on their champions, and Diana caves (like the loser that she is). She's going to spend the story impotently pouting while Yara, Billy and the rest of the Shazam family saves the day.

Just Mary actually. The other four seem to still be depowered, but Mary's getting the backup story in Diana's book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’d love to see the Council of Eternity in this. The group that the Wizard Shazam was with in a panel or two prior to/around when Johns run on Shazam started. Could be interesting characters with connections to the gods and magic.

I’m curious how this will intersect and play out since Johns run sort of placed the emphasis on magic versus the gods empowering the Shazamily, but to some I’d guess magic and divinity are the same thing. (Personally, I’d love to see all the different types of magic and their sources differentiated in the DCU.)

Shazam’s transformational lightning bolt and Zeus’s thunderbolt - lots of fun aspects of both the Shazam and Wonder mythos to play around with in these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive:

Wonder Woman and Shazam get their own Lazarus Planet spin-off series Revenge of the Gods

Diana and Billy teaming up sounds fun, definitely some synergy going on there too, let’s hope Wilson’s return to WW is better this time around.
    Yes, I would like to see this explored more, first with the characters and then later as they seek answers from the gods/goddesses.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I think we'll have to see it to see how it's executed. I think there's at least a chance Diana will get paneltime and try to subvert the Gods from within and help save the day at the climax.

Not that I'm that confident in Wilsons' Diana myself.