Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Lazarus Planet and the Wonder World

DC has promoted its Lazarus Planet storyline for 2023 (apparently the Lazarus Pits became a Lazarus Island which also have a Lazarus Volcano that’s about to erupt) and one aspect is it’s supposed to affect the entire DCU by giving some people superpowers.

Besides the fact that they’ve worked Lazarus-ness from every angle, are there characters in the Wonder cast you’d like to see gain superpowers (even for a short time) or get a powers upgrade (even for a short time) thanks to Lazarus chemicals and mysticism?

Steve?
    Etta?
    Ferdinand?
    Philippus?
    Zara?
    Giganta?
    Helena Sandsmark?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    DC has promoted its Lazarus Planet storyline for 2023 (apparently the Lazarus Pits became a Lazarus Island which also have a Lazarus Volcano that’s about to erupt) and one aspect is it’s supposed to affect the entire DCU by giving some people superpowers.

Besides the fact that they’ve worked Lazarus-ness from every angle, are there characters in the Wonder cast you’d like to see gain superpowers (even for a short time) or get a powers upgrade (even for a short time) thanks to Lazarus chemicals and mysticism?

Steve?
    Etta?
    Ferdinand?
    Philippus?
    Zara?
    Giganta?
    Helena Sandsmark?
    Sounds like Wonder Woman would need some of these Lazarus benefits to put her on an even footing with the top tier heroes and villains. Provided none of these heroes and villains also went to these Lazarus pits.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Etta having super powers for a brief time would be excellent. It reminds me of the issue where Etta, with the help of Dr. Psycho's machines, becomes Wonder Etta. Maybe Etta's alter Ego could be the Holiday Girl!

large-8722868.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Sounds like Wonder Woman would need some of these Lazarus benefits to put her on an even footing with the top tier heroes and villains. Provided none of these heroes and villains also went to these Lazarus pits.
    It’s not always shown that way, but I think of Diana as top tier when it comes to raw power, let alone other skills. They just need to show her as that more often. ::shrugs shoulders::

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Etta having super powers for a brief time would be excellent. It reminds me of the issue where Etta, with the help of Dr. Psycho's machines, becomes Wonder Etta. Maybe Etta's alter Ego could be the Holiday Girl!

large-8722868.jpg
    I agree that a superpowered Etta could be interesting and play with the dynamics of the team in the book.

I’ve also have always enjoyed that cover.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It’s not always shown that way, but I think of Diana as top tier when it comes to raw power, let alone other skills. They just need to show her as that more often. ::shrugs shoulders::
    As others have said before me including myself, it is all lip service! Sigh....

I always hope that something will change, but it usually gets worse for her while others pass her by.

It's another DC crossover event, primarily directed by Mark Waid.

Nothing good or interesting is going to happen for Wonder Woman or her world. She'll probably just get devolved into mud again.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Wonder Woman and Shazam get their own Lazarus Planet spin-off series Revenge of the Gods
    Written by G. Willow Wilson and illustrated by Cian Tormey, Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the God pits the Gods of the DC Universe against Wonder Woman and the Shazam family.

"But for how long can they fight against the ones that gave them their powers in the first place?" reads DC's description.

The storyline takes place immediately after the core Lazarus Planet event. Due to whatever occurs, the DC gods of the Multiverse decide to take down the superheroes (some of whom like Shazam are their champions) and "the world they've sworn to protect," which presumably means Earth-Prime.

In a vibe that may remind some of Zeus's speech to Hercules during the mid-credits scene in Thor: God Thunder, it seems like the gods of the DCU have sat around for too long and let superheroes take their place as the idols of mankind, and decide it's "their time to remind the selfish mortals of their existence and take back the world with something more powerful than belief...fear."

Only Wonder Woman and Shazam stand in their way.
    Diana and Billy teaming up sounds fun, definitely some synergy going on there too, let’s hope Wilson’s return to WW is better this time around.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Greek Gods can’t be left alone for five minutes…

I wonder if Hippolyta is going to sabotage them from within.

Billy and Diana teaming up sounds like fun, they’re a natural pairing just like Diana and Zatanna. Synergy may be at the root of it but that doesn’t necessarily make it bad. Wilson returning to WW is not the most exciting choice, although I can hardly think of anyone else who would be better in DC’s current roster. I hope she’s spent some time thinking about how to handle Diana better.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Okay, so Diana isn't turned to mud. She's just a lapdog for the gods. And Wilson's back. Hooray.

Expect nothing, get even less. Par for the course.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Okay, so Diana isn't turned to mud. She's just a lapdog for the gods. And Wilson's back. Hooray.

Expect nothing, get even less. Par for the course.
    Basically this. Did some people here forget how lifless, weak and insecure GWW wrote Diana? And she even says here Diana is going to be tested in ways she never was tasted before. LOL. Girl you threw Diana under the bus and left her there, to focus on your pet characters during most of your run. Does it mean that the boring maggie and those other talking animals are coming back? This is the same writer that before even the first issue, was trying to deflect any responssability, by talking how difficult to write WW is. Since she isn't too relatable or whatever. What made her want to come back? Guess nobody told writers like her, that if you think Diana is ''unrelatable'' Making her weak, and insecure is not going to make her character better. It just makes her boring. But oh well. Can't wait to see billy having better moments, power scenes and personality than WW in this so called ''team'' book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Man pessimism is an exhausting thing gotta say

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

WW getting trashed by shazam already in that cover. Where he is hitting her with the lightning. So much for having amazing reflexes and being a powerhouse.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 12-02-2022 at 09:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW getting trashed by shazam already in that cover. Where he is hitting her with the lightning. So much for havcing amazing reflexes abd being a powerhouse.
    You wish he were but nothing about that cover says they're fighting