Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Also on twitter Watters promotes his story about Martian Manhunter, and Josie Campbell about Shazam, so the only one left is PKJ, who made no reference to anything...
    Pkj already officially said in an interview with WordBalloon that he was writing a Wonder Woman story for Lazarus Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Pkj already officially said in an interview with WordBalloon that he was writing a Wonder Woman story for Lazarus Planet
    Thank you! By default I assumed that he was the writer, but I had not found any information to confirm it. I'm still surprised that he didn't write the Martian Manhunter or the Trench stories.
    On the other hand, according to what I saw in Assault on Krypton, the format of these one shots are short stories that will continue in their respective series, mini-series or back up stories, I am very curious about the story about Themyscira and if PKJ will be involved in something of the wonderfamily once the dawn of dc stage begins for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh yeah that’s right, I even write up a summary for that can’t believe I forgot it.
    Thank you! By default I assumed that he was the writer, but I had not found any information to confirm it. I'm still surprised that he didn't write the Martian Manhunter or the Trench stories.
    On the other hand, according to what I saw in Assault on Krypton, the format of these one shots are short stories that will continue in their respective series, mini-series or back up stories, I am very curious about the story about Themyscira and if PKJ will be involved in something of the wonderfamily once the dawn of dc stage begins for Diana.
    He’s got another ongoing announcement coming. I don’t see him taking over WW but I suppose it’s possible, he is a fantasy writer after all. And he does want to use Circe…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh yeah that’s right, I even write up a summary for that can’t believe I forgot it.
    I would like to read that summary.

He’s got another ongoing announcement coming. I don’t see him taking over WW but I suppose it’s possible, he is a fantasy writer after all. And he does want to use Circe…
    oh yes, in the future Circe has a super son with Kal El! he wrote that? I don't remember which story.

oh yes, in the future Circe has a super son with Kal El! he wrote that? I don't remember which story.
    Yes that's true! Personally, not very interested in the plotline with Circe, but I don't mind.

And I doubt he will take over anything in the Wonder Family. Pkj is already writing tons of things, including a John Stewart book later on in the year

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh yeah the Circe kid was quite a surprise in the House of El story.

I think it was to add a touch of magic to the family since the whole bit was about Superman establishing an epic dynasty of heroes that span all corners of the DC Universe, including a descendant that is a member of Starfire's species or a Lantern Superman (specifically a Blue Lantern Superwoman).

So I think Circe was included cause she's a big name evil sorcerers type.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't follow your train of thought. Despite most everyone's being reduced post Flashpoint/Spew 52, WW and Superman remained where they always are in the hierarchy of power relative to other DCU Heroes. Even WW hater Johns had a League story where that is highlighted.

Given this I don't see how WW would need any augmentation to deal with anyone--she's already at the top of the food chain.
    You mean the Wonder Woman that can't deal with Aquaman on land???!!!! And she gets punked underwater within seconds with him!!!

You mean the Wonder Woman that got curb stomped with the entire Super Buddies against Superman in Justice League?!!!

You mean the Wonder Woman that gets jobbed by Superman in the Injustice movie basically off-screen?

How about the Wonder Woman that can't take on Steppenwolf one on one but needs the help of Superman who takes him out in seconds?

You mean the Wonder Woman that almost died because a bullet ricocheted off Superman into her?

You mean the Wonder Woman who couldn't get to Maxwell Lord because of 'wind'?

You mean the Wonder Woman that couldn't even fly until her 4th appearance, which tells you what the higher ups in the DCEU thought of her? I mean, Cyborg and Shazam flew right off the bat!

There are far more instances of power creep going in the direction of other heros but not Wonder Woman. I don't even think she has the powers she had in the Perez era, or at least they seem diminished.

And that is why I said, tongue in cheek, that she needed the Lazarus benefits to keep up with the others!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh yeah the Circe kid was quite a surprise in the House of El story.

I think it was to add a touch of magic to the family since the whole bit was about Superman establishing an epic dynasty of heroes that span all corners of the DC Universe, including a descendant that is a member of Starfire's species or a Lantern Superman (specifically a Blue Lantern Superwoman).

So I think Circe was included cause she's a big name evil sorcerers type.
    I remember there was some controversy over the nature of the characters' conception...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

He did plant some seeds for GL story in his Superman and got GL book coming. So doing Circe story in WW that connects to house of El would make sense. But I think that WW fans wouldn't be very happy about Superman connection.

Great prelude to Revenge of the Gods, the art is beautiful, the opening song gives me chill and most importantly, Diana is called "Thing of Clay".

Agreed. The story sets the stakes nicely and Diana training Bia was a fun sequence.

Fantastic Member

A very good start, I liked the art a lot.

Agree with everyone, gorgeous artwork and an intriguing start to the story. I'd be curious to see PKJ do a longer WW story, thought he did a good job here. And it looks like they've 100% settled on something like the Perez origin (defeating Heracles' men, clay origin) - Young Diana suggested as much but I'm so glad it's been basically confirmed.

I'm also absolutely loving how Bia's becoming one of the premier Amazons.

Decent overall if too short to really get much out of. Definitely the definition of a comic book prologue.

PKJ being the one to reassert the clay origin was not what I expected. Does that mean DC is finally returning to that take? With Gadot’s incarnation seemingly coming to an end soon perhaps synergy is no longer constraining them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/