Default X-Forum Book Club, sorry it's been such a long time

So I enjoyed our first 2 book clubs and would like to do a third. Is anyone still interested in participating? I apologize that I let this go with out an update for so long. I would look at the last thread every time I logged on here and think to myself "lets get another one going" but alas life got in the way. Tonight however I found the motivation to type a couple of sentences to gauge interest. Let me know!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

I meant to join in on the last two ones but never got around to it while the discussions were actually going, but I'd still be interested in another one of these. If you're taking suggestions, assuming enough people are interested, the Carlos Pacheco memorial thread has had me really looking back fondly on the O:ZT arc that introduced Cecilia Reyes...that could be a good story to revisit.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I meant to join in on the last two ones but never got around to it while the discussions were actually going, but I'd still be interested in another one of these. If you're taking suggestions, assuming enough people are interested, the Carlos Pacheco memorial thread has had me really looking back fondly on the O:ZT arc that introduced Cecilia Reyes...that could be a good story to revisit.
    Assuming we get some traction with another book club consider it added to the poll.

I would be interested! I could definitely be making better use of my Marvel unlimited app lol.

I know how it is. When Hellion suffers in a book, it affects you. It affects your life.

I'm totally up for more book club. And more Hellion. Though I also want ro read a book I haven't read yet, since Magik ended up being a surprise classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm loving the idea of celebrating Carlos Pacheco's art - but I'll go for a different story and suggest his brief but fantastic run with Joe Kelly. It's just 4 issues so short and sweet.

I am definitely in for another one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I like the idea of reading something that features Pacheco’s work. Any objections to choosing a book featuring him?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I like the idea of reading something that features Pacheco’s work. Any objections to choosing a book featuring him?
    I think it's a wonderful idea. Unless I'm forgetting something, his X-related works we could vote for on a poll would be the following:

Original run on adjectiveless with Scott Lobdell (Shang-Chi arc to OZT)
    Adjectiveless run with Joe Kelly
    Uncanny X-Men run with Kieron Gillen
    Excalibur with Warren Ellis
    Perhaps Starjammers with Ellis as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    If we're tallying votes, I'd like mine to go here--an arc weirdly pertinent to current X-books, with some stunning art from Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think it's a wonderful idea. Unless I'm forgetting something, his X-related works we could vote for on a poll would be the following:

Original run on adjectiveless with Scott Lobdell (Shang-Chi arc to OZT)
    Adjectiveless run with Joe Kelly
    Excalibur with Warren Ellis
    Perhaps Starjammers with Ellis as well?
    Don't forget the Bishop miniseries!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Don't forget the Bishop miniseries!
    Oh yes, how could I forget. That was when I first fell in love with Pacheco's art and actually started liking Bishop who until that point I had never really been into.

Okay I'll get a poll up soon and we can take a few days to let everyone vote. It might have to be after Thanksgiving as I'm busy with work and the holiday until then but it definitely won't take me 3 months this time lol.

This sounds like a lot of fun!