View Poll Results: After Watching The Film Do You Feel They Made The Right Call Not To Recast?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - They Made The right call. No One Can Replace Boseman

14 35.90%
  • No - They didn’t. They Should’ve just Recast The Role

25 64.10%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    They did recast. The new T'Challa just didn't show up until the very last scene.
    Agreed. Marvel got is cake and is eating it. It just requires patience and a long-term view (which something the MCU proved it has in spades).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The characters mentioned being recast in films are either secondary characters or from reboots.

Yeah Batman was recast but it was only successful when it was full reboots very few have nostalgia for Kilmer or Clooney.

Hulk was the only one star to be recast in the same film series but he did benefit from the recast happening early on.

Imagine how successful a recast of Tony would have been in Civil War when Perlmutter didn't want to pay RDJ.

Or what if Maguire didn't return for Spider-Man 3 and that 70's actor played Peter instead of Eddie. Do you think fans would have accepted it or the film would have bombed?

There's a reason the X films never recast Logan while recasting other characters. Hugh was Logan to most.

Even a mess like TROS knew it couldn't recast Carrie Fisher Leia's last appearance couldn't be played by another.

Marvel was in a damned if they did and damned if they didn't situation. Many fans of T'Challa are going to be angry for not recasting while many of the General Audience would have probably seen at disrespectful to recast and I wouldn't envy the actor who tried to fill Chadwick's shoes.

IMO this was the best choice Shuri's the place holder until we get a New T'Challa as the Black Panther in about 10 years continue T'Challa's legacy without the baggage of replacing Chadwick.
    Deadpool 3 tells us Hugh is Logan.

It was all about profit. They understood recasting with a different actor to replace Chadwick Boseman could be a bad decision. They weren't willing to take a risk.

Yes, the right decision was made. Before I saw the film I felt otherwise. However Coogler gave us a sequel that makes many Marvel movies look pale in comparison.

Bozeman will be replaced somewhere down the line.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    It was all about profit. They understood recasting with a different actor to replace Chadwick Boseman could be a bad decision. They weren't willing to take a risk.
    Recasting or not recasting both had their risks. Also saying it’s all about profit is redundant. They don’t make these movies for any other reason.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Yes, the right decision was made. Before I saw the film I felt otherwise. However Coogler gave us a sequel that makes many Marvel movies look pale in comparison.

Bozeman will be replaced somewhere down the line.
    That's the funny thing, he already has been replaced. Shuri is both monarch of Wakanda and Black Panther.

Vacuum has been filled. There's no need for a new king or male Black Panther now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    That's the funny thing, he already has been replaced. Shuri is both monarch of Wakanda and Black Panther.

Vacuum has been filled. There's no need for a new king or male Black Panther now.
    spoilers:
    Shuri isn't monarch, actually. That would be M'Baku.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

For me, it was a mistake because I have very little interest in Wakanda without T'Challa. I guess we all know who the new BP is, but I don't think that actress is a good fit for an action/adventure character.

BANNED

Marvel should recast Black Panther Tony Stark and Hulk. they should do a full reboot and recast Chris Helmsworth too

They should just have anonymous Disney employees be the superheroes like the Mickey Mouse suits in theme park and dub over bits of canned dialogue by the original iconic actors. Basically like how George did Darth Vader.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

The big question is will Shuri ever be popular enough to carry a new solo movie on her own. I don't honestly think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The big question is will Shuri ever be popular enough to carry a new solo movie on her own. I don't honestly think so.
    They won't make another solo movie with the actress, because Disney isn't stupid. I honestly think she and Wakanda will be a background player for a few years until the new Black Panther grows up/is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    Marvel should recast Black Panther Tony Stark and Hulk. they should do a full reboot and recast Chris Helmsworth too
    All of this can be done without a full reboot. Or any reboot.
    Last edited by Noodle; 11-17-2022 at 09:38 AM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    They won't make another solo movie with the actress, because Disney isn't stupid. I honestly think she and Wakanda will be a background player for a few years until the new Black Panther grows up/is introduced.
    I'm not sure why another solo movie would make Disney stupid. The fanbase clearly likes Shuri and Wakanda as a whole. You're acting like this film is a flop or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    spoilers:
    Shuri isn't monarch, actually. That would be M'Baku.
    end of spoilers
    We don't know that. Maybe somebody challenged him and won.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.