Default How did the Kree and the Shi'ar return to form?

My knowledge of cosmic marvel is fairly limited so how did these two empires return to form after their conflicts with one another? During Operation Galactic Storm Kree was devastated by the nega bomb as part of some master plan of Supreme Intelligence and then their territory was annexed by the Shi'ar. How did they rise from that? Likewise at the end of War of Kings the Shi'ar became kind of like a vassal state of the Kree led by the Inhumans. How did they regain their autonomy?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    My knowledge of cosmic marvel is fairly limited so how did these two empires return to form after their conflicts with one another? During Operation Galactic Storm Kree was devastated by the nega bomb as part of some master plan of Supreme Intelligence and then their territory was annexed by the Shi'ar. How did they rise from that? Likewise at the end of War of Kings the Shi'ar became kind of like a vassal state of the Kree led by the Inhumans. How did they regain their autonomy?
    After the events of Operation: Galactic Storm, the Supreme Intelligence ended up on Earth and then later on the Moon, where he was involved in several major events including The Destiny War against the Time Keepers and the imprisonment of Ego, the Living Planet on Earth. He eventually returned to the Kree Empire and helped them throw off the shackles of the Shi'ar Empire. I believe he ousted the Inhumans from power in a similar manner by stoking the Kree's resentment and anger over the war with Vulcan and the Shi'ar and the even more catastrophic conflict against the dark forces of Earth-10011 a.k.a. The Cancerverse, a universe ruled by The Many-Angled Ones (primarily Shuma-Gorath and his "brothers" Yot-Soter, Kthl and Nyarlathortech).
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    After the events of Operation: Galactic Storm, the Supreme Intelligence ended up on Earth and then later on the Moon, where he was involved in several major events including The Destiny War against the Time Keepers and the imprisonment of Ego, the Living Planet on Earth. He eventually returned to the Kree Empire and helped them throw off the shackles of the Shi'ar Empire. I believe he ousted the Inhumans from power in a similar manner by stoking the Kree's resentment and anger over the war with Vulcan and the Shi'ar and the even more catastrophic conflict against the dark forces of Earth-10011 a.k.a. The Cancerverse, a universe ruled by The Many-Angled Ones (primarily Shuma-Gorath and his "brothers" Yot-Soter, Kthl and Nyarlathortech).
    Thanks. So Supreme Intelligence plays a part in both scenarios. Always disliked that creepy head.

Thanks. So Supreme Intelligence plays a part in both scenarios. Always disliked that creepy head.
    He's even creepier these days now that he fused with that Vox Supreme guy.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

He's even creepier these days now that he fused with that Vox Supreme guy.
    Does he have a body now? Or still floating in that liquid? All those tentacles were creepy.

He is supposed to have very powerful telepathic abilities, I think?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Interestingly enough, this was touched on recently (the devastation from the Nega Bomb), because there is no way they should have had the manpower or ships to be the intergalactic force that they were in every cosmic event since then. Not when only a small fraction of their population survived.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Interestingly enough, this was touched on recently (the devastation from the Nega Bomb), because there is no way they should have had the manpower or ships to be the intergalactic force that they were in every cosmic event since then. Not when only a small fraction of their population survived.
    Yeah this part boggles my mind. Didn't the Nega Bomb killed more than 95% of Kree population? There has to be some reality altering shananigans for the Kree becoming an empire again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does he have a body now? Or still floating in that liquid? All those tentacles were creepy.

He is supposed to have very powerful telepathic abilities, I think?
    Yeah, he's got a real body now, one from a Super-Inhuman of all things although he's also dead so make of that what you will.

Yeah, he's got a real body now, one from a Super-Inhuman of all things although he's also dead so make of that what you will.
    Thanks for the info!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yeah this part boggles my mind. Didn't the Nega Bomb killed more than 95% of Kree population? There has to be some reality altering shananigans for the Kree becoming an empire again.
    The Supreme Intelligence used the Time Crystal to speed time in a isolated region of space, so that he could breed a descendants of Kree survivors into a new race of shape-shifters. The he had them trick the Galactic Council into turning Earth making a Eath a penal colony and building a space wall around the Sol system. All so that his new Kree could wage war against the Council and rebuild the Kree Empire without human interference and it worked. Even when Earth figured out his plans the heroes decided not to help the Council because of how pissed they were about the rest of the Galaxy dumping dangerous criminals and political prisoners on them. I don't know why and how the Kree lost their shape-shifting abilities and devolved back to basic.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The Supreme Intelligence used the Time Crystal to speed time in a isolated region of space, so that he could breed a descendants of Kree survivors into a new race of shape-shifters. The he had them trick the Galactic Council into turning Earth making a Eath a penal colony and building a space wall around the Sol system. All so that his new Kree could wage war against the Council and rebuild the Kree Empire without human interference and it worked. Even when Earth figured out his plans the heroes decided not to help the Council because of how pissed they were about the rest of the Galaxy dumping dangerous criminals and political prisoners on them. I don't know why and how the Kree lost their shape-shifting abilities and devolved back to basic.
    Genis-Vell was responsible for turning the Kree back to their original forms when he destroyed and recreated the Marvel Universe.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

OK I remember the Maximum Security stuff but when did that Genis thing happen?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    OK I remember the Maximum Security stuff but when did that Genis thing happen?
    Issue #6 of the 2002 Captain Marvel series.

When did the Kree have shapeshifting powers? I thought that was the Skrulls' schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    When did the Kree have shapeshifting powers? I thought that was the Skrulls' schtick.
    Sometime before Maximum Security, the Supreme Intelligence changed the Kree completely by taking inspiration from what the Celestials did to the Skrulls or rather the Deviants that we call the Skrulls and applied it to the Nu-Kree.