Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Default Buffy Summers VS The Animorphs

Buffy takes the teens that can turn into animals.

Animorphs start in there "battle" morphs which are

Jake: Siberian Tiger

Rachel: Grizzly Bear

Tobias: Red Tailed Hawk

Cassie: Wolf

Marco: Silverback Gorilla

Ax is there in his andalite form

Scenario 1: Buffy has no weapons

Scenario 2: Buffy has the ax from season 7

Incredible Member

While I have ragged on Buffy in the past I'll be honest and admit that, regardless of personal feelings, she is a strong and very good fighter.

That being said I can't see her beating all seven of them, even with the axe. Any one of them could give her a good fight, all at once is too much. In scenario 1 she gets mauled. In scenario 2 she maybe drops one or two Animorphs before being taken down (and even then they'd probably survive via de-morphing unless she scored an instantly fatal blow).
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 11-15-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    While I have ragged on Buffy in the past I'll be honest and admit that, regardless of personal feelings, she is a strong and very good fighter.

That being said I can't see her beating all seven of them, even with the axe. Any one of them could give her a good fight, all at once is too much. In scenario 1 she gets mauled. In scenario 2 she maybe drops one or two Animorphs before being taken down (and even then they'd probably survive via de-morphing unless she scored an instantly fatal blow).
    Plus, Ax's tail is literally "blink and you miss it". With Tobias being a good distraction (hell, thought speak would be a big distraction), Ax's tail could easily leave her a head shorter. Or at least a limb.

Buffy actually fought a bear (and didn't win). Taking them all on HTH is too much.

She can take them down with the Axe, but its still a dogpile, and even grievous wounds don't take Animorphs out unless its an instant death like a decapitation.

Mighty Member

I don't know anything about the Animorphs beyond their broadly mocked book covers, but instant death blows are essentially Buffy's go to move (assuming being stabbed in the heart is an instant death blow for an Animorph).

Animorphs have fought through dismemberment and she'll have to try and get off that move against a group of 6 which are nonhuman in structure of which 4 can probably kill her with the right angle by themselves if she's unlucky.

I don't see her handling all of them. Even if she does stab someone there's just everyone else right behind them.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't know anything about the Animorphs beyond their broadly mocked book covers, but instant death blows are essentially Buffy's go to move (assuming being stabbed in the heart is an instant death blow for an Animorph).
    They're a group of teens that gained the ability to turn into any animal they have touched (animal morphers, hence, Animorphs), but gained those abilities to battle an alien invasion of parasitic slugs that take control of a person's mind by crawling into their ear. They can read memories, mimic behaviors, and be the perfect actors. But every three days, they need to leave their host to absorb special rays to stay alive. Whereas the Animorphs can only retain their animal form for 2 human hours. But, short of instant death injury, should they be able to morph back to human, any and all injuries they got were fully healed. Among them, the resident alien, Ax (for short), resembles a blue centaur, with no mouth, too many fingers, and a scorpion like tail with a nasty blade on it. When said tail is used, its too fast for the human eye, and can easily decapitate a human (and other such creatures).

Thanks to the Animorphs' experience in many battles, including dealing with nasty alien beams, and horrific alien forms their main foe Visser Three acquired (think along, a General's rank or so, but a mind-controlled and older version of Ax), they've been fairly successful in their endeavor overall. Plus, they each have multiple animal forms to choose from. Like Rachel likes swapping between the African Bush Elephant and the Grizzley Bear as her main battle morphs.

...I'm surprised I remembered that much. And that's STILL only a tiny bit of the series overall plot.

losing a heart or other major organs isn't necessarily going to kill them, as long as their brain is working well enough they can morph back and forth which will heal them back to normal, the issue there though is that they're essentially helpless for a few moments while they do it and it's extremely taxing stamina wise

Edit: It helps that a lot of the animals they morph into don't go into shock very easily
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-16-2022 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    losing a heart or other major organs isn't necessarily going to kill them, as long as their brain is working well enough they can morph back and forth which will heal them back to normal, the issue there though is that they're essentially helpless for a few moments while they do it and it's extremely taxing stamina wise

Edit: It helps that a lot of the animals they morph into don't go into shock very easily
    Plus they have teamwork and can cover one another as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    They're a group of teens that gained the ability to turn into any animal they have touched (animal morphers, hence, Animorphs), but gained those abilities to battle an alien invasion of parasitic slugs that take control of a person's mind by crawling into their ear. They can read memories, mimic behaviors, and be the perfect actors. But every three days, they need to leave their host to absorb special rays to stay alive. Whereas the Animorphs can only retain their animal form for 2 human hours. But, short of instant death injury, should they be able to morph back to human, any and all injuries they got were fully healed. Among them, the resident alien, Ax (for short), resembles a blue centaur, with no mouth, too many fingers, and a scorpion like tail with a nasty blade on it. When said tail is used, its too fast for the human eye, and can easily decapitate a human (and other such creatures).

Thanks to the Animorphs' experience in many battles, including dealing with nasty alien beams, and horrific alien forms their main foe Visser Three acquired (think along, a General's rank or so, but a mind-controlled and older version of Ax), they've been fairly successful in their endeavor overall. Plus, they each have multiple animal forms to choose from. Like Rachel likes swapping between the African Bush Elephant and the Grizzley Bear as her main battle morphs.

...I'm surprised I remembered that much. And that's STILL only a tiny bit of the series overall plot.
    I'm not. The Animorphs books were awesome. It's no wonder you remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Plus, Ax's tail is literally "blink and you miss it". With Tobias being a good distraction (hell, thought speak would be a big distraction), Ax's tail could easily leave her a head shorter. Or at least a limb.
    Exactly.