Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Wetworks Appreciation 2022

After seeing DC vs Vampires & DCEASED, it got me wondering why doesn't DC use Wetworks from Wildstorm? I am a big fan of the Wildstorm team (6'7") so I decided to start an appreciation thread with hopes that DC might use the team in an agents of SHADE book or even a Justice League Dark series in the future or maybe in their own book in a totally separate universe where Wildstorm fans can enjoy with out seeing a Bat or a S flying through the book.
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 06-29-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    After seeing DC vs Vampires & DCEASED, it got me wondering why doesn't DC use Wetworks from Wildstorm? I am a big fan of the Wildstorm team (6'7") so I decided to start an appreciation thread with hopes that DC might use the team in an agents of SHADE book or even a Justice League Dark series in the future or maybe in their own book in a totally separate universe where Wildstorm fans can enjoy with out seeing a Bat or a S flying through the book.
    They did just release them in digital format on the App. I remember when the title originally dropped many years ago and it took so long for it to come out. For what? Ok concept, terrible execution.

Is that the Whilce Portacio gold b ampies...with guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Yeah, It didn't leave much of an impression with me when it originally came out except it was always WAY behind schedule. Art is nice though...

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Yeah, It didn't leave much of an impression with me when it originally came out except it was always WAY behind schedule. Art is nice though...
    I think it has a ton of potential especially with books like DCeased & DC vs Vampires plus add Frankenstein to the mix you have a great "AGENTS OF SHADE" book not to mention the possibility of a great rivalry with the Justice League Dark
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Yes, but it really had a very peculiar take on how to deal with supernatural menaces.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I’d love to see a new Wetworks book they would be great in an espionage scenario or doing some paranormal ops
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

That gets out in the weeds in the current lay of the land though...

Fist off, not even sure that any of the characters in question even exist in whatever "Publishing Year 2022..." amounts to.

Past that?

- Cole was a member of Team 6. While Wetworks was technically Team 7? I don't know that we have ever seen anything that even suggests that there is a Team 7 in the aftermath of what we see happen to Team 6.

- I.O. sends the team on the mission where they wind up becoming what the title focused on. Near as I have seen? I'm not even sure that there is an actual I.O. in play.