Amazing Member

Default Who will be lone batman in dcus future?

I was just wondering with david zaslav recently saying there would only be one batman in james gunn and peter safrans dc universe who will be that batman going forward will they go with ben affleck or somebody else as this batman. The rumor is that affleck has signed a new deal with wb discovery. Yet wb discovery will not comment or confirm this to be true which gives me the idea that they may recast with a new actor over there. On the other hand it could be they are saving the announcement for cinemacon or sdcc next year, but either way what would you guys want to see ben affleck back or bring in somebody new and maybe a lot younger. let me know your thoughts down below!

I don't mind Affleck coming back but I don't know if he will. So we'll probably get someone else. I don't mind if we get Jace Fox or Dick in the role instead of Bruce. I'm fine with Pattinson's Bruce and I'm curious what he and Reeves do next.

We don't need two competing takes on Bruce and the others. I rather the legacy characters get more to do. I would love the Batman of All Nations to be a thing.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-16-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Incredible Member

in a perfect world

Daniel Radcliff

with Wierd al as Robin.

Astonishing Member

Difficult to say. I guess Keaton is probably out now (or maybe not? Depends on if they change the ending of the Flash movie).

I wonder if they're gonna use Flashpoint to fold the Reevesverse into the DCEU proper, but let Pattison and Reeves continue their story independently of the rest of the universe (but possibly try to get Pattison to play Batman in other movies too). Continuity-wise it would be a mess though, and would mean wiping BvS and JL from continuity (along with Birds of Prey possibly and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn)...yeah scratch that, probably not gonna happen.

I suppose they could default to Affleck for now, and then have someone else take on the role (Jace Fox perhaps?).