Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Did Artegerm just drop a spoiler and confirm that Firehair is Jean Grey?

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Eh, I don't think Artgerm would necessarily know that info, they probably just told him "draw Prehistoric Phoenix" and he was like "ok so prehistoric Jean Grey?".

Bloop!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Eh, I don't think Artgerm would necessarily know that info, they probably just told him "draw Prehistoric Phoenix" and he was like "ok so prehistoric Jean Grey?".
    Artgerm and Marvel know what they’re doing…

What’s truly beautiful about this is that it makes sense for and aligns with the White Phoenix’s, that is, Jean’s mythos and capabilities.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Being associated with Aaron's run and that stupid pre-historic Avengers is not something one should be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Artgerm and Marvel know what they’re doing…

What’s truly beautiful about this is that it makes sense for and aligns with the White Phoenix’s, that is, Jean’s mythos and capabilities.

Yes, I think Marvel may be trying to align everything regarding the Phoenix-/-Jean Mythos.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Did Artegerm just drop a spoiler and confirm that Firehair is Jean Grey?

No.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-16-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Aaron is doing another "Avengers epic" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Being associated with Aaron's run and that stupid pre-historic Avengers is not something one should be proud of.
    that's exactly what I thought. lol ;-) It would be even more convoluted BS nobody needs.

Just give us a great new Jean Grey Phoenix EPIC!!!! Don't use the old fart writing by Aaron and try to make sense of it.

This cover is absolutely gorgeous though. Wished we could get a Jean Grey variant version of this with her new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Even though I'm an Avengers fan I definitely have to agree. I wouldn't want the stench of Aaron's 1,000,000 BC mess tied to Jean or anyone else for that matter. It's definitely a beautiful cover though.

It won't tarnish Jean's mythos if Marvel decides to reveal that she's Firehair. From what I recall, Aaron didn't depict Firehair doing anything crazy or irredeemable. In fact, she was ultimately responsible for Thor's conception and birth and for rescuing him. As for what he may have done with the Avengers, that's of no concern to me.

Also, if this is the route Marvel takes, I imagine it'll be revealed that she also bonded with Taaia in Ewing's Defenders: Beyond. This makes sense, considering that Taaia spoke words Jean only spoke when not manifesting Phoenix. In either case, Marvel has been dropping a lot of clues...

Merc trying to explain to person 3,459 how a 20 something Jean is also the spark of creation and a million year old cavewoman.
    <3
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

<3

🤣 You little devil, you. 🥹

Take it up with Claremont. ☝🏻😌

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    �� You little devil, you. ��

Take it up with Claremont. ☝����

It's truly a sight to see the talent and the lack thereof when it comes to writing Jean. To go from THAT to this "moment".

But, that's a different topic!

Back ON topic tho, lol. I'd like for them to really this in stone once and for all. It's comics and crazier things have happened so just let it play out since as you've point out, it lines up with her mythos and it's hardly something they are throwing against a wall in the hopes it sticks.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation