Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Excellent recap. It should be attached to the issue itself as I wasn't aware of all of the X-history Gillen was referencing. This was a great issue and serves as a nice prologue to Sins of Sinister.

That last page was eerie.

So this explains the suits. But what is that fifth cloning chamber in the background that is unbroken?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So this explains the suits. But what is that fifth cloning chamber in the background that is unbroken?
    In the back right? It doesn't look the same as the others (pipes go into it in a different way) so I think it's just generic machinery.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Excellent recap. It should be attached to the issue itself as I wasn't aware of all of the X-history Gillen was referencing. This was a great issue and serves as a nice prologue to Sins of Sinister.

That last page was eerie.

Ugh, Damn Sinister.

So, I’m curious does the Other Sinisters know each other? Because the Diamond Sinister seems to not know the Club Sinister.

Fantastic Member

I think Stellis Orbis is gonna be Spade Sinister and Heart Sinister will be a "magic Sinister" and is the one behind Kurt's issues in Legion of X

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    My read of the issue is that none of them are "the original", they're all clones. I do think that the reveal here is that diamond!Sinister was a mutant before approached by Charles and Magneto, which would fit with the implication fro the original Sinister Secrets that a Sinister someone has been in on the game longer than Charles thinks.
    No, I get that Stasis is a clone, I mean that the guy we see here in the past is the original and a mutant

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Has there ever been any explanation for Destiny's continued presence? Irene Adler a decently young woman during Victorian era is the same as the Irene Adler, Destiny, who died on Muir Island in the 20th century?
    Also, has any consideration been given to Trevor Chase, who was strongly hinted at being Destiny's grandson. Likewise, and I feel like this was possibly done and I just dont remember it, but was anything done with the possible connection between Destiny and Blindfold? She told her she was a distant relative. With the relationship between Raven and Irene now having gone back centuries, just what does their family tree look like? We know Irene is not related to Kurt, but it would seem that she and Raven were together at the time of his conception and birth?
    I think it's about time we got a Destiny and Mystique series that delved into their history together and apart.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by the synopsis...I have absolutely nothing good to say.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by the synopsis...I have absolutely nothing good to say.
    If you didn't even read it, why shit on it? Like, of course you're not going to be into something that you read a bad summary of that I wrote in 10 minutes.

Astonishing Member

Mystique is Sherlock Holmes, Destiny is that Irene Adler.
    I thought this was like known (or implied) for years. It was Claremont that had Mystique established as a "consulting detective".

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-sherlock-h...adler-destiny/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I think Stellis Orbis is gonna be Spade Sinister and Heart Sinister will be a "magic Sinister" and is the one behind Kurt's issues in Legion of X
    And you know..Mother Righteous' forehead is obscured by her mask...and her color scheme is red, white and black...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    And you know..Mother Righteous' forehead is obscured by her mask...and her color scheme is red, white and black...

Her name also follows the pattern of the other three Sinisters, and Sinister made a comment the last LoX about how "Sinister" means "left".

This was great. Every time Carey's work is referenced, my heart melts. And Gillen excels when writing characters like Mystique and Destiny (I'm over his Sinister, though, I'm sorry to say).

I'll never understand this obsession with 'technology is our real enemy' plot point. For Chists' sake our 'heroes' are relying on cloning, space travel and data copies of people. So is technology only bad when humans use it?

Unless they mean AI, in which case do they only mean the Phalanx and Nimrod? Because Nightcrawler was able to solo Nimrod in AXE, and despite all the grandiose talk about the Phalanx its been a problem they've been able to handle before. I just don't understand how its such an existential threat that it justifies all of this work to stop it. Yeah, Sentinals are dangerous, but they're just dumb tools with terrible programing that just get pointed at mutants.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If you didn't even read it, why shit on it? Like, of course you're not going to be into something that you read a bad summary of that I wrote in 10 minutes.
    I did specifically say..."going by the synopsis". If what was written here is even 50% legit for what was actually written in the issue I still would have nothing good to say.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I did specifically say..."going by the synopsis". If what was written here is even 50% legit for what was actually written in the issue I still would have nothing good to say.
    How could you possibly know if you don't try it for yourself? You don't have to like every series but people hating on series they literally don't read is getting so old lol. If you don't read it, don't shit on it, it's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'll never understand this obsession with 'technology is our real enemy' plot point. For Chists' sake our 'heroes' are relying on cloning, space travel and data copies of people. So is technology only bad when humans use it?

Unless they mean AI, in which case do they only mean the Phalanx and Nimrod? Because Nightcrawler was able to solo Nimrod in AXE, and despite all the grandiose talk about the Phalanx its been a problem they've been able to handle before. I just don't understand how its such an existential threat that it justifies all of this work to stop it. Yeah, Sentinals are dangerous, but they're just dumb tools with terrible programing that just get pointed at mutants.
    They definitely mean AI. I feel like House of X/Powers of X shows why it's this existential threat, it's not about current-day Sentinels or temporarily defeating one robot like Nimrod. It's about the future AI mutant conflict (which Destiny can see as she sees the future). That's the central premise of this whole era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This was great. Every time Carey's work is referenced, my heart melts. And Gillen excels when writing characters like Mystique and Destiny (I'm over his Sinister, though, I'm sorry to say).
    Carey is the true winner of the Krakoa era.