Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Sinister.

Playing Cards.

Destiny.

.....Gambit? [insert curious face emoji here]
    I love how full circle this would be with Claremont's original plans for Gambit. It could be an overlay on the Cajun's established history, not contradicting anything but giving Remy a different starting point. Make it happen Kieron! And also give us Irene and Raven as Kurt's parents while you're at it, the way Lord Claremont intended.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Reign of X is implying that Destiny, Mystique and Sinister knew that AI was going to rise up and wipe out mutants before Charles, Moira and Erik were even born but yet they decided to let the latter three do all the work in uniting mutants and even tried to undermine their efforts.

But yes, Krakoa was the result Destiny's hard work. Huge W. /s

C'mon. At least it's better than AXE.
    If you say so...LOL

I think one of my main issues with Gillenister now (besides his lust for Sinister) is the revisionist plotlines you brought up above. And while I was willing to go with the Moira turn from Hickman It just seems as though the X-Office just took that approach with Sinister and Mystique and Destiny and made it much more unnecessarily convoluted and worse.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    He needs a good drawing and quartering post Sins of Sinister
    Looks like he already did that to himself.

I read the issue and noted that Sinister mentioned a wife. At first I thought it'd be a marriage of convenience, but he mentioned "wasting time on fripperies like love," which looks to me like he once had someone he genuinely loved. Someone who wasn't himself, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I read the issue and noted that Sinister mentioned a wife. At first I thought it'd be a marriage of convenience, but he mentioned "wasting time on fripperies like love," which looks to me like he once had someone he genuinely loved. Someone who wasn't himself, at least.
    That's exactly the case, as told in The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix by Peter Milligan and the late, great John Paul Leon. This latest issue of Immortal basically follows up immediately after that and Essex's encounter with En Sabah Nur.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If you say so...LOL

I think one of my main issues with Gillenister now (besides his lust for Sinister) is the revisionist plotlines you brought up above. And while I was willing to go with the Moira turn from Hickman It just seems as though the X-Office just took that approach with Sinister and Mystique and Destiny and made it much more unnecessarily convoluted and worse.
    I don't really see that as the case. Mystique isn't really shown to have known anything. Destiny is, but "Destiny planning for years after her death for some great outcome" is far from a retcon. And with Sinister, we haven't seen enough to really know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I thought that Marvel's Sherlock Holmes was a separate character who occasionally crossed paths with Mystique and Destiny in the 1800s. Was he always Mystique or is this a retcon?
    At this point what isn't a retcon? A poorly made one at that.

Also someone correct me if i am wrong but Mystique cannot make weapons out of her own body correct? Because if so, how the hell did she create an Elephant gun with the bullets to match?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Oh my God, Sinister being secretly an Inhuman would be a random but hilarious retcon
    I want this to happen
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Wait. Y’all don’t like Sinister?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given it's Sinister, I wouldn't be surprised if he labeled his four clones A G C and T.
    Lol, I could see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love how full circle this would be with Claremont's original plans for Gambit. It could be an overlay on the Cajun's established history, not contradicting anything but giving Remy a different starting point. Make it happen Kieron! And also give us Irene and Raven as Kurt's parents while you're at it, the way Lord Claremont intended.
    I could see the ‘full circle’, but it seems to be Duggar’s story and he doesn’t like gambit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Essex had a wife Rebecca and they had a son - Adam. Adam died shortly after birth, and it driven Essex's research of genetics. He even experimented on Adam's corpse as well as some mutants (including Cyclops' ancestor - Daniel). Eventually Rebecca discovered Essex's lab, freed his captives and reburried Adam, but it all caused too much shock and stress. She was pregnant at the time, but the child was born dead and she died shortly after, but first called him "sinister". It was also during this time what Essex first met Apocalypse and was transformed by him.

This issue seems to follow the story shortly after these events.
    Last edited by Harasar; 11-18-2022 at 02:56 AM.

Actually, points only deducted from this for Sinister saying "math" when he's British and so is Gillen. Feels like an overzealously ignorant sub-editor got to that.

Frankly, Mr. Sinister is the main character of the X comics since HoXPoX. He appears more than any other character in more series than any other character, and his actions have driven the plot more than any other character.

The retcons to Destiny have been hilarious to me. She now some super special awesome who knows everything about everything long before most of the cast was born, but if you look at her on-screen actions she's either an idiot or a parody mastermind on the level of Aizen or something from manga. Literally one of her first major stories was her attempting an assassination that the reader knew, with absolute certainty, would result in the genocide of mutants. She's just been consistently wrong or outwitted for so much of her history, that seeing her treated like a godlike force of nature is hilarous.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Frankly, Mr. Sinister is the main character of the X comics since HoXPoX. He appears more than any other character in more series than any other character, and his actions have driven the plot more than any other character.

The retcons to Destiny have been hilarious to me. She now some super special awesome who knows everything about everything long before most of the cast was born, but if you look at her on-screen actions she's either an idiot or a parody mastermind on the level of Aizen or something from manga. Literally one of her first major stories was her attempting an assassination that the reader knew, with absolute certainty, would result in the genocide of mutants. She's just been consistently wrong or outwitted for so much of her history, that seeing her treated like a godlike force of nature is hilarous.
    That's easy though - you just say Destiny's vision that led to the assassination went way beyond the DOFP era. For instance, Bishop is from after that time when the sentinels were defeated and the XSE were in operation, and that could lead to a more desirable timeline in her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That's easy though - you just say Destiny's vision that led to the assassination went way beyond the DOFP era. For instance, Bishop is from after that time when the sentinels were defeated and the XSE were in operation, and that could lead to a more desirable timeline in her mind.
    I know, that's what I mean by meme/parody level foresight. She's practically Xehanort!