Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Frankly, Mr. Sinister is the main character of the X comics since HoXPoX. He appears more than any other character in more series than any other character, and his actions have driven the plot more than any other character.

The retcons to Destiny have been hilarious to me. She now some super special awesome who knows everything about everything long before most of the cast was born, but if you look at her on-screen actions she's either an idiot or a parody mastermind on the level of Aizen or something from manga. Literally one of her first major stories was her attempting an assassination that the reader knew, with absolute certainty, would result in the genocide of mutants. She's just been consistently wrong or outwitted for so much of her history, that seeing her treated like a godlike force of nature is hilarous.
    This is honestly over-reacting since his major appearances have been Hellions, Immortal X-Men and his clones in Duggan's X-Men.
    He doesn't appear in New Mutants, Marauders, X-Force, Wolverine, any of the Tini Howard or Leah Williams books.
    If you think he's the main character then Gillen is doing a good job with him.

But yeah, these Destiny retcons are bullshit. Not even Claremont kissed her ass this much.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Also someone correct me if i am wrong but Mystique cannot make weapons out of her own body correct? Because if so, how the hell did she create an Elephant gun with the bullets to match?
    I don't have the comic in front of me, but I think she said something about an arsenal concealed under her petticoats? I think the gun was a real gun, only the big floufy dress was fake.

Frankly, Mr. Sinister is the main character of the X comics since HoXPoX. He appears more than any other character in more series than any other character, and his actions have driven the plot more than any other character.

The retcons to Destiny have been hilarious to me. She now some super special awesome who knows everything about everything long before most of the cast was born, but if you look at her on-screen actions she's either an idiot or a parody mastermind on the level of Aizen or something from manga. Literally one of her first major stories was her attempting an assassination that the reader knew, with absolute certainty, would result in the genocide of mutants. She's just been consistently wrong or outwitted for so much of her history, that seeing her treated like a godlike force of nature is hilarous.
    Pkingdom the fact that you used a Bleach reference AND a Kingdom Hearts reference is EVERYTHING.

I would say he's the main character of Destiny of X (sorry Irene), but before that he got usage because he was a fun splash of flavor on the side. I think so many folks on these boards are tired of Sinister because what went from entertaining small doses became waves and waves of Sinister content.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is honestly over-reacting since his major appearances have been Hellions, Immortal X-Men and his clones in Duggan's X-Men.
    He doesn't appear in New Mutants, Marauders, X-Force, Wolverine, any of the Tini Howard or Leah Williams books.
    If you think he's the main character then Gillen is doing a good job with him.

But yeah, these Destiny retcons are bullshit. Not even Claremont kissed her ass this much.
    While I agree the retcons are a bit much, I get why it's being done. After being dead for decades this is an attempt to cement her as a permanent fixture in X-books by giving her increased importance.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-18-2022 at 07:04 AM.

Sorry double post.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    One option is that OG Sherlock and all his more known adventures were pre-Reichenbach and after his death (which stuck), Mystique assumed his identity afterwards (with Holmes’ dabbling in the events of WWI being whatever brought Mystique back to Europe?
    I was just thinking that! It would be a cool way to both have Holmes, and after his canonical death, Mystique-pretending-to-be-Holmes, which is totally her kind of thing, to steal someone's life and identity like that. "Oh, you heard I died? Maybe that's what I *wanted* people to think, and reports of my death were greatly exaggerrated..."

I know, that's what I mean by meme/parody level foresight. She's practically Xehanort!
    These references are too recent for me to grok. I would have said Xanatos, but yeah, same thing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya
    He needs a good drawing and quartering post Sins of Sinister
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Looks like he already did that to himself.
    Ba-dum-tish. Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't have the comic in front of me, but I think she said something about an arsenal concealed under her petticoats? I think the gun was a real gun, only the big floufy dress was fake.
    Not really, they show as she is changing shape with the gun being formed at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Pkingdom the fact that you used a Bleach reference AND a Kingdom Hearts reference is EVERYTHING.
    Destiny: (watching Mystique punt newborn Nightcrawler off a cliff) All according to keikaku*

*translators note: keikaku means plan

Fantastic Member

If I never read another issue revolving around sinister, destiny or mystique it will be too soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    If I never read another issue revolving around sinister, destiny or mystique it will be too soon.
    Well at least they are ingesting characters unlike some of the X family. Though I agree that Sinister is somewhat reaching over saturation levels in his appearances.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Well at least they are ingesting characters unlike some of the X family. Though I agree that Sinister is somewhat reaching over saturation levels in his appearances.
    Fair enough. I will say that the time component of sins of sinister is an interesting wrinkle.

Here's hoping the machines will succeed at saving the universe from Sinister once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    You might be reading the wrong series lol

Yeah, it says that quite unambiguously.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You might be reading the wrong series lol
    Yeah the next issue is the Sinister focused issue, right? *weeps silently*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    One option is that OG Sherlock and all his more known adventures were pre-Reichenbach and after his death (which stuck), Mystique assumed his identity afterwards (with Holmes’ dabbling in the events of WWI being whatever brought Mystique back to Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I thought that Marvel's Sherlock Holmes was a separate character who occasionally crossed paths with Mystique and Destiny in the 1800s. Was he always Mystique or is this a retcon?
    I was just thinking that! It would be a cool way to both have Holmes, and after his canonical death, Mystique-pretending-to-be-Holmes, which is totally her kind of thing, to steal someone's life and identity like that. "Oh, you heard I died? Maybe that's what I *wanted* people to think, and reports of my death were greatly exaggerrated..."
    I might need to re-read the first run of XXM again but I too was under the impression that the real Holmes existed and met Irene during the events of A Scandal in Bohemia but died sometime soon after and was replaced by Raven pretending to be him. I'm pretty sure it was established as such but I may be misremembering.

Nothing in this issue (which was fun) contradicts that.