Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Peter is dating Felicia again despite what she's done to him in the past.
    The writing on the main title is… not good right now.

It's been 6 months in canon since the "incident," right?

Man is down bad lmao.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Are we talking about when Felicia got involved with the Foreigner so she could set Spider-Man up for a trap as revenge for him dumping her, assaulting and threatening Mary Jane when she found out Peter had married her, or even all that Queenpin s*** that also involved her nearly killing Aunt May and Jay Jameson in a fire to get back at them for participating in an auction of all the stuff she'd stolen over the years before Superior Spider-Man tossed her off to the NYPD without a second thought?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Are we talking about when Felicia got involved with the Foreigner so she could set Spider-Man up for a trap as revenge for him dumping her, assaulting and threatening Mary Jane when she found out Peter had married her, or even all that Queenpin s*** that also involved her nearly killing Aunt May and Jay Jameson in a fire to get back at them for participating in an auction of all the stuff she'd stolen over the years before Superior Spider-Man tossed her off to the NYPD without a second thought?
    Didn't she also steal The Infinity Gauntlet and put a lot of people in danger because of that?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Didn't she also steal The Infinity Gauntlet and put a lot of people in danger because of that?
    Oh, yeah. Granted, it was to save her mother from dying of cancer or something, but she did still potentially endanger the entire universe in a way that might not have been as different from the Black Fox being willing to literally sacrifice everyone in Manhattan to give himself and Felicia immortality as she might like to think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I thought it was a good issue. I like that Cantwell doesn't let Osborn off easy. Just because his "sins" were forgivendoesn't mean he gets to escape the guilt of what he's done. Also liked that Harry was in there which should appease those who took issue with Norman just being haunted by Gwen. Still, I have to wonder how much of this is Norman's psyche post Sin-Eater, and how much is influenced the Goblin Queen, Kafka. That would be disappointing, since Loki tormented Osborn similarly in the Dark Reign era.

Peter's reactions still seem off. Norman going from "no violence" to "I think I can be a super hero" should be setting off all sorts of alarms. It's like an alcoholic saying they can handle one drink and then it becomes two, etc.

Overall a pretty compelling read that I hope continues in this manner and avoids what we all assume will be the obvious ending...
    This is probably the darkest, most thoughtful "villain turns good" story I've read in comics. The gnawing emptiness, the instability, the constant inner torment, the barely restrained violence...it's done in such a bleak, smart, haunting way. The very wholesome scene of Norman eating ice cream and watching his grandson at little league contrasted with his inner thoughts of Gwen's neck snapping over and over was so brilliant. It really doesn't pull any punches with the horrors of Osborn's life.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah. Granted, it was to save her mother from dying of cancer or something, but she did still potentially endanger the entire universe in a way that might not have been as different from the Black Fox being willing to literally sacrifice everyone in Manhattan to give himself and Felicia immortality as she might like to think.
    I don't think stealing one of the most dangerous artifacts in the Marvel Universe is something she can be excused or forgiven for just because her mother was dying of cancer. I am still having trouble understanding how she managed not to bring the wrath of Eternity, Master Order, Lord Chaos, Master Hate, Mistress Love, The Celestials and Galactus down upon herself for her selfish and reckless behavior in stealing the Gauntlet. She should have been hauled in by The Magistrati to be judged by The Living Tribunal like Adam Warlock was!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Amazing Member

Peter made a deal with Marvel's version of the devil to save an old woman who should have been dead long ago. I think that is up there with some the other characters' notorious deeds.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Here's the big question really
    Will Marvel let Wells turn Norman evil again or give it to Cantwell?

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Either the clone of Steven Levins from Clone Conspiracy or the Imposter who tangled with Venom in the Donny Cates run (and the War of the Realms tie-ins). Or someone new (or back from the dead).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Steve...ns_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jack_...II)_(Earth-616)
    It's definitely the guy from the Cates run - that guy wore an eyepatch, and so is this guy, which we see after his helmet gets blown apart.

Incredible Member

This was a surprisingly good issue….

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Here's the big question really
    Will Marvel let Wells turn Norman evil again or give it to Cantwell?
    Cantwell sets the stage,Wells finishes

I don't think stealing one of the most dangerous artifacts in the Marvel Universe is something she can be excused or forgiven for just because her mother was dying of cancer. I am still having trouble understanding how she managed not to bring the wrath of Eternity, Master Order, Lord Chaos, Master Hate, Mistress Love, The Celestials and Galactus down upon herself for her selfish and reckless behavior in stealing the Gauntlet. She should have been hauled in by The Magistrati to be judged by The Living Tribunal like Adam Warlock was!
    Thanos was never truly punished by any of those cosmic entities after stealing and snapping out half of the universe, imprisoning said entities and even transforming himself into Eternity either. He originally got to retire on a planet as a farmer, and last I checked he is still running around the cosmos freely. (And any time he "dies" it is always a clone.) Also stealing seems to be the general way anyone comes into possession of the Infinity Stones. (The Hood stole them, the Illuminati stole them, the Guardians of the Galaxy stole them, etc. etc.)

And weren't the stones transformed into people (like Star) at the time anyways?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Either the clone of Steven Levins from Clone Conspiracy or the Imposter who tangled with Venom in the Donny Cates run (and the War of the Realms tie-ins). Or someone new (or back from the dead).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Steve...ns_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jack_...II)_(Earth-616)
    How is the one from cates run a fake anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    This is probably the darkest, most thoughtful "villain turns good" story I've read in comics. The gnawing emptiness, the instability, the constant inner torment, the barely restrained violence...it's done in such a bleak, smart, haunting way. The very wholesome scene of Norman eating ice cream and watching his grandson at little league contrasted with his inner thoughts of Gwen's neck snapping over and over was so brilliant. It really doesn't pull any punches with the horrors of Osborn's life.
    Indeed.

Like I said at the end, not as different from Black Fox, her erstwhile beloved mentor, sacrificing all of Manhattan for himself and Felicia to be immortal as Felicia would like to think.