Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Johns knows how to start a story well and continues well until the middle... then he falters almost every time when it comes to the end.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I have mixed feelings. I'm excited to have a JSA comic to read, at least for a while, but I wish we had a fresh voice other than Johns yet again. I also am not thrilled at how this is centering on Batman's legacy.

Look, I like Batman as much as the next guy, but I'm so burned out on him at this point.
    Yeah, my enthusiasm for this book did wane when I saw Helena Wayne was the lead because I'm just not interested in Batman or his legacy. I wish they'd focused on someone else as the lead because there's so many books about Batman and his family, but these are the only ones about the Justice Society, so having Batman be involved in some way is just... disappointing. It's the same if it was Superman because yes, Superman has been a member of the Justice Society, but he doesn't need this book to shine - he already has books and his family does too.

My problem isn't even with Helena Wayne: I liked her in the New Golden Age (so far) because her story seemed largely about her and wanting to deal with her fears and the creep stalking her, but I don't want her as the lead if it's going to make things about Batman in some way.

Issue #1 due out tomorrow . . . but what I've seen online has me concerned / worried.