Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Isn't Pixie actually 1/2 fairy?
    Yep her mother is a fairy and her father is Mastermind. A similar deal to Namor.

There was actualy a Morlock named Pixie who existed before her and also had the antenna and insect wings look going on. Though she only appeared in a single issue of Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Wolverine and Sabretooth are Canadians whose superpowers are basically free Health Care
    This is now framed and hanging on my wall.

Next to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Xavier is an old white guy that gets to control what other people think.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 11-21-2022 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    One thing that confused me about the Maximoff twins is how are they Roma? Is Magneto (when he was still their dad) also Roma?
    Erik was Roma, back in the day, but somewhere in the 90s, it was forgotten that Roma were *also* rounded up and send to Auschwitz with the various other 'undesirables,' and so he got retconned into a Jewish man, while Wanda and Pietro were only 'raised by gypsies' (the Maximoffs), but, I guess, were ethnically Jewish (depends on the mom, actually)?

But now they aren't related again this week, and they've never acted like Wanda and Pietro were Jewish that I recall, and always leaned towards them being Roma, so who knows.

His not-grandson Wiccan is Jewish, despite them only having been spiritually related for a couple of years, before they weren't. Comics.

Also, how is a thread about 'the elephant in the room' not about Tantra?

Or that idiot that got eaten by Predator X, Manammoth?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Xavier is an old white guy that gets to control what other people think.
    It's not a stereotype if your the only one to believe it. lol. I don't think anyone get's to control what others think but i do think people think they should get to. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Clyde Wyncham/The Marquis of Death: The poster boys (or is it poster boy since they are the same guy?) for online arguments between fans.

Nerd Power.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Clyde Wyncham/The Marquis of Death: The poster boys (or is it poster boy since they are the same guy?) for online arguments between fans.

Nerd Power.jpg
    You mean the uber-powerful reality destroying mutant that got killed by Doom

Astonishing Member

Not a stereotype in terms of powers, but what is with the fixation on giving all desi characters the names of Hindu gods, like what even is that. Indra, Neal Shaara was originally intended by Claremont to be codenamed Agni, Cerebra's first name is Shakti, etc....

At least there's Trinary and Timeslip to buck that particular trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    You mean the uber-powerful reality destroying mutant that got killed by Doom
    Yeah but ONLY after Doom got even MORE uber-powerfulful by...learning from the same dude!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Not a stereotype in terms of powers, but what is with the fixation on giving all desi characters the names of Hindu gods, like what even is that. Indra, Neal Shaara was originally intended by Claremont to be codenamed Agni, Cerebra's first name is Shakti, etc....

At least there's Trinary and Timeslip to buck that particular trend.
    I imagine if there was a prominent Hindu god(dess) of Computer Hacking, Trinary would totally be named after her.

For Neal Sharra, the Garuda bird isn't an actual god (just one of their servant creatures), and in some tales is associated with fire, so Garuda could be a bit more culturally relevant than Thunderbird.

Thunderbird. Neither thunder, nor bird.

Plus, Indra, really? Agni would at least be on-theme, since he was a fire god. Wasn't Indra like a war / weather god? I'm not seeing any of that in Purple Pangolin Lad. (On the other hand, I may not know all ~10,000 Hindu gods and their attributes, but I'm pretty sure that 'Purple Pangolin gods' are thin on the ground.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Also, how is a thread about 'the elephant in the room' not about Tantra?

Or that idiot that got eaten by Predator X, Manammoth?
    So they are both elephants and elephants in the room!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Wolverine and Sabretooth are Canadians whose superpowers are basically free Health Care
    They are both rude people so they are faux Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yeah but ONLY after Doom got even MORE uber-powerfulful by...learning from the same dude!
    It ain't Doom's fault he's playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing uno.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    One thing that confused me about the Maximoff twins is how are they Roma? Is Magneto (when he was still their dad) also Roma?
    Wasn't it through their mum? Erik is still Jewish.
    "Cable was right!"

It ain't Doom's fault he's playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing uno.
    These are facts.

BANNED

They are both rude people so they are faux Canadians.
    Wouldn’t that just mean they’re from Quebec?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wouldn’t that just mean they’re from Quebec?
    You're most definitely more knowledgeable about Canada than I am. One of the few things I know about it is that how people on the internet say Canadians are almost always polite which is an obvious stereotype.