Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default February 2023 X-Book Solicitations

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/17/fe...solicitations/

I know we saw a lot of these last month but now they are officially out!

IMMORAL X-MEN #1 (OF 3)
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • PACO MEDINA (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    ADORED AND RESPECTED!

They said the mutants were humanity’s future. It’s 10 years later and they were proven to be right. The X-Men exist in a world that adores and respects them…so why are they sworn to crush it?! But while they do, Emma can take a few minutes out to crush Mister Sinister.

STORM & THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS #1 (OF 3)
    AL EWING (W) • PACO MEDINA (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    THE NEW BROTHERHOOD!

Ten years from now, Mars has been destroyed – and now STORM wants revenge! To get it, the New Brotherhood will battle their way through Hell to seek the greatest secret of the Sinister Age…but are they fighting to save the world – or end it? And who is the man called IRONFIRE?

NIGHTCRAWLERS #1 (OF 3)
    SI SPURRIER (W) • PACO MEDINA (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    SINISTER’S PRIVATE ASSASSINS!

Ten years into a twisted future, MR SINISTER unleashes his private army of assassins: THE LEGION OF THE NIGHT. Meet WAGNERINE, commanding this killer crew of brainwashed hybrids, each one a genetic mix of NIGHTCRAWLER and another one of Marvel’s most murderous mutants! Mysterious forces seek to break Sinister’s control over these fatal fanatics – to turn them AGAINST HIM. But who are they? And what are their true motives…? Enter MOTHER RIGHTEOUS… and a meeting of the most powerful players in the Universe…

BETSY BRADDOCK: CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1
    Tini Howard (W) • Vasco Georgiev (A) • Cover by Erica D’Urso
    THE CAPTAIN COMES HOME!

And she’s got a whole new mission! With Otherworld settled, Braddock Manor restored, and her brother Captain Avalon at her side, you’d think things look pretty good for Betsy Braddock. Only it turns out, good ole Britain doesn’t want her back. No one wants a mutant menace carrying the shield of Captain Britain, and Betsy’s made more than a few enemies along her way. Quest-less and country-less, Betsy must define a role for herself. A fresh take on a beloved character, don’t miss the latest Tini Howard extravaganza and fan-favorite artist Vasco Georgiev’s Marvel debut!

BISHOP: WAR COLLEGE #1 (OF 5)
    J. Holtham (W) • Sean Damien Hill (A) • Cover by Ken Lashley
    THE ALL-NEW, ALL-GREAT X-MEN DEBUT!

• Krakoa is an island paradise, and it’s a vulnerable one…but not with Lucas Bishop on the case!
    • Armor, Surge, Cam Long, Aura Charles, Amass – these are his students. Their course objective: Get strong. Defend the island. Keep mutantkind safe.
    • What does any of that have to do with an all-Black X-Men team? Find out here!
    • Celebrated TV writer J. Holtham (Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones) joins forces with artist Sean Damien Hill for a blockbuster brawl with the fate of all Krakoa at stake!

DEADPOOL #4
    ALYSSA WONG (W) • MARTIN COCCOLO (A/C) • Solo Variant Cover by TODD NAUCK
    BETRAYED!

Lady Deathstrike cruelly betrays her recent partner-in-assassination Deadpool! Or wait… is it that Deadpool has casually betrayed his reluctant murder buddy Lady Deathstrike? It’s all gonna depend on whose version you believe – but either way, it’s time for bloody reprisal!

X-MEN #19
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • STEFANO CASELLI (A) • Cover by JUAN FRIGERI
    LORD OF THE BROOD, PART 1!

When the X-Men get a distress call from deep space, they find that the galaxy’s Brood problem is not as solved as they’d thought! Rogue Brood factions have begun running wild (as seen in CAPTAIN MARVEL right now!), and it’s up to the X-Men to get to the bottom of why! Main cover connects to CAPTAIN MARVEL #46!

X-TREME X-MEN #4 (OF 5)
    CHRIS CLAREMONT (W) SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    RAGING STORM!

The X-TREME X-MEN have suffered a major loss, and nothing will contain STORM’s unbridled rage! But when an anti-mutant scheme leaves the team without powers, can they survive the onslaught of PURITY and the GALÉRER, or will they be done in by the agents of hate and fear?

X-MEN LEGENDS #6
    WHILCE PORTACIO & BRIAN HABERLIN (W)
    BACK FROM THE FUTURE!

OMEGA SQUAD will die. And it’s all BISHOP’s fault. BISHOP makes a fateful decision that will spell the end of life as he knew it! Presaging his appearance in the classic UNCANNY X-MEN #282, witness legendary Whilce Portacio’s vision for his co-creation as we finally detail the truth behind the X.S.E.’s time-travel mission gone wrong!

WOLVERINE #30
    BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JUAN JOSÉ RYP (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    THE BEAST AGENDA IS REVEALED!

WOLVERINE is a tool. A tool BEAST uses for cutting. And Beast will use that tool for only as long as it suits his needs. So when Logan realizes the true nature of the beast and cuts back, Henry McCoy will have to take matters into his own hands…

SABRETOOTH & THE EXILES #4 (OF 5)
    VICTOR LAVALLE (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A)
    THERE’S MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A SABRETOOTH!

ORCHIS has been conducting brutal experiments on mutants…but SABRETOOTH and his EXILES were not prepared to come face-to-face with…MORE SABRETOOTHS?! Meet the many facets of VICTOR CREED…and see which ones can survive DR. BARRINGTON’s gauntlet!

X-FORCE #37
    BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • ROBERT GILL (A)
    WHO IS THE MAN WITH THE PEACOCK TATTOO?

At last – learn the truth about the man behind the mask who’s been plaguing X-FORCE since 2019’s issue #1! X-fans new and old will reel from this startling revelation. Collectors and readers alike – don’t miss this key issue!

LEGION OF X #10
    SI SPURRIER (W) • NETHO DIAZ (A)
    THE LEGION CRUMBLES IN NIMROD’S VENGEFUL HANDS!

Since the Altar’s creation, a villain has lurked in what was meant to be Krakoa’s safest space. He’s done waiting. And so is the Phalanx! David Haller faces his worst nightmares as the Altar comes under attack! Good thing he has Nightcrawler to – wait, Nightcrawler isn’t even on Krakoa? He’s off in the woods…murdering his friends?! What happened to the Spark – and is there any hope left for Krakoa’s peacekeepers?

MARAUDERS #11
    STEVE ORLANDO (W) • ELEONORA CARLINI (A) Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    PREGENESIS – PART I

GENOSHA WAKES! NIGHTCRAWLER! FANG VERSUS BRIMSTONE LOVE – ROUND TWO! Years ago, Genosha suffered one of the most horrific attacks in mutant history at the hands of Cassandra Nova. Can mutantkind do better than waiting for resurrection? Captain Pryde thinks so, but it’ll take the wildest mutant circuit we’ve seen yet!

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1
    This issue features a pair of all-new stories that set the stage for the next evolution in mutant adventures, FALL OF X, and introduces an uncanny new lineup for a new team book launching next year. PLUS: a preview of Jonathan Hickman and Valerio Schiti’s upcoming mystery project.
    Last edited by JB; 11-17-2022 at 12:02 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'll just go ahead and say it: Benjamin Percy's books, with the Peacock Man's reveal on X-Force and the Beast's agenda revealed on Wolverine, sound both extremely compelling this month. Fingers crossed the execution doesn't fall short.

Some covers that may not have been released yet.

Wait, are Legion of X #10 and Nightcrawlers #1 both being released in February? I'm confused.

Considering the solicitation and the cover for LoX, is Nimrod the villain that's been hiding in the Altar? Or perhaps that's an illusion.

EDIT: I wonder if they mixed up the solicits because they have Free Comic Book Day books listed as well. Just added the link to the first post, totally forgot.
    Last edited by JB; 11-17-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wait, are Legion of X #10 and Nightcrawlers #1 both being released in February? I'm confused.

Considering the solicitation and the cover for LoX, is Nimrod the villain that's been hiding in the Altar? Or perhaps that's an illusion.

EDIT: I wonder if they mixed up the solicits because they have Free Comic Book Day books listed as well. Just added the link to the first post, totally forgot.
    Legion of X was delayed regarding the other books since the beginning of Destiny of X. Now It is going to be in issue 10 like the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Legion of X was delayed regarding the other books since the beginning of Destiny of X. Now It is going to be in issue 10 like the other books.
    That makes complete sense. Thank you.

We see that the other series continues during SOS, the question is what happens to storm and the brotherhood, the legion of x and to emma and qc are they sent to another sinister timeline while the other mutants are staying in their worlds?
    If so, I wonder who takes care of arakko and the quiet council on krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    We see that the other series continues during SOS, the question is what happens to storm and the brotherhood, the legion of x and to emma and qc are they sent to another sinister timeline while the other mutants are staying in their worlds?
    If so, I wonder who takes care of arakko and the quiet council on krakoa.
    I guess those three books may just be set in the future only, and the opening and closing SoS one-shots will explain what happens to the three casts during that time? I'm curious how it all starts.

Marauders' solicit actually sounds interesting regarding Genosha and the wild mutant circuit.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So they're dumping the Threshold in Genosha then. Also, it all but outright confirms the theory that Mother Righteous is the magic Sinister.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 11-17-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So they're dumping the Threshold in Genosha then
    It almost sounds like they're going to try to fast track resurrection for the Genoshans? Unless the Threshold is a future Genosha and... I dunno.

This all look interesting. LoX and X-force are clearly coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It almost sounds like they're going to try to fast track resurrection for the Genoshans? Unless the Threshold is a future Genosha and... I dunno.

Oh I totally think this is it. They're going to resurrect Genosha in the past somehow as Threshold.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Whatever it is hopefully it's the end of "humans are responsible for Genosha, oh why it's our teammate Mrs Hitler" stuff. Especially since it sounds like the Threshold like humans more than Mutants do

These look good but not getting a single one unless Storm and the brotherhood counts as part of the red subscription. Skipping marvel all together in Feb with their choice for variants, if you don't stand for something even in your own personal way, you stand for nothing.

Oh and Xtreme because i subscribed to that months ago. lol. whew. that worked out actually. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-17-2022 at 01:49 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/