Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Based on the quality of Sony's movies, I have no reason to believe this won't be a disaster.

I wonder if this'll have the same edict of implying the existence of a (Peter Parker) Spider-man while being unable to specifically reference or show him. Because that worked so well in Morbius.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Curious if they're going with a new version of Spidey, or trying to connect it to one of the existing film guys.
    This'll just be a situation similar to how CW treated Batman in everything.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Sounds like they're staying true to her origins if the description is anything to go by.

Dunno if Spider-Man himself will appear or not (leaning towards probably not), but if he does then I pray that they don't address the whole..."mechanic" between the two.
    It's probably going to be a situation like the CW Batwoman show where "Spider-Man" is a character who exists in Universe but won't be appearing on screen. Probably to intentionally play up vagueness if this Spider-Man is Tom Holland or not.

IMHO, Sony should just work out a deal with Andrew Garfield and make him the Spider-Man of their tv-verse/Venom series.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's probably going to be a situation like the CW Batwoman show where "Spider-Man" is a character who exists in Universe but won't be appearing on screen. Probably to intentionally play up vagueness if this Spider-Man is Tom Holland or not.

IMHO, Sony should just work out a deal with Andrew Garfield and make him the Spider-Man of their tv-verse/Venom series.
    Agreed about making Andrew Garfield the Spider verse Spidey. It’s kind of a no-brainer if the actor is up for it.

As a Silk/Cindy Moon fan I am excited to hear she has her own Spider Society lol. I know that's probably not the case and just the title but still. I've been anxious to see Silk make her debut in something outside the comics. A movie, TV show, PS4 game, anything. Her Homecoming Easter Egg has held me over for awhile but now she's ready for the big time. So I'm excited. Don't mess this up, Sony!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like Angela Kang is involved. She's perhaps best known for WALKING DEAD-she's been running the show since the end of the "All out war" arc.

Wonder if they'll bring back Tiffany Espensen, who was Cindy in HOMECOMING.
    Unlikely but you never know.

There's also Tobey McGuire if he's up to it.

Oh, look! Another WASTED character.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Based on the quality of Sony's movies, I have no reason to believe this won't be a disaster.
    It does have Phil Lord and Chris Mercedes at the helm.

Hopefully, Sony will be smart and just let them do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed about making Andrew Garfield the Spider verse Spidey. It’s kind of a no-brainer if the actor is up for it.
    And Garfield's doing TV now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Garfield's doing TV now, right?
    He did a limited series for FX "Kingdom under heaven".

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It does have Phil Lord and Chris Mercedes at the helm.

Hopefully, Sony will be smart and just let them do their thing.
    Maybe at first, but they'll never leave the creative alone for long.

Raimi got 2 movies before Sony blundered in and ruined it. Webb got a movie. Venom (where Hardy was promised R-rated) was hacked to bits, Venom 2 was worse, Morbius was clearly created as a very different movie to what was released and the Vulture scenes in that movie were completely redubbed because of Sony.

And then there's Avi Arad and his obsession with bringing the Sinister Six to screen at the cost of anything else.

All this and they may not even be able to use Spider-man.

I'd love to be wrong (I actually dislike being negative) but I have very little faith. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!