Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good question. As for one of the member: Loki.
    First big bad: Thor.

This post is sponsored by your friendly neighbourhood of little frost giant: Loki, the god(dess) of Story!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    In terms of size, power makeup, and iconic looks, the original team after Cap joined is as close to perfect as you can get. If you’re looking for more diversity, you could swap Hank for Bill Foster and Janet for Monica Chang (as Wasp) or some other unnamed spy from the Red Room. You’d still have the super powered, super science spy thing going from the MCU. I think there’s also a Giant-man of Indian origin now. Hulk doesn’t make sense as a team member and is more compelling as a trump card the team uses when they’re desperate. I’d otherwise keep Bruce on the run.

If you’re reforming the Avengers rather than forming them for the first time, you could replace Cap with one of the Bradleys, Thor with one of the Mastersons, and Tony with any number of genius characters in the Marvel universe, but I like the idea of Victor Mancha in the role. Keeps the classic look, iconography, and power balance.
    Yes, the current Giant-Man is Raz Malhotra.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Thor (founding member)
    Iron Man (founding member)
    Captain America (founding member)
    Black Panther (still the chairman)
    Namor (representing Atlantis)
    Sersi (representing the Eternals)
    Wolverine (representing the Mutants)
    Crystal (representing the Inhumans)

Main villain- Apocalypse.
    I like the idea of someone from each 'faction' as an Avenger, but would like a more generic villain, like the High Evolutionary, than Apocalypse, who may have history with the Eternals and Thor, but is 90% a 'mutant villain.'

On the other hand, I'm also loving some of these lineups that aren't centered around the 'trinity' of Thor, Iron Man and Cap, but are making room for newer blood like Monica Rambeau or Songbird!

Iron Man
    Blue Marvel
    Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Bruce Banner
    Monica Rambeau
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch

Villain: Loki, which causes Thor to join the team. Captain America would be found/discovered by the Avengers and join afterward.

Astonishing Member

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Hulk

Giant-Man

Wasp

(Basically the original comics lineup).

I'd have the first major threat be Namor.

The first thing I want to make clear is that this is not Avengers: Agents of SHIELD. SHIELD didn't form the Avengers, they have nothing to do with how the Avengers are run.

The Avengers are a group that got together to do superhero stuff and decided to stay together.

I think the comic and the movie got it right, we start with them facing Loki and maybe some army/henchmen of Loki's.

The team each arrives separately and comes together to stop him. I want them to get a clear victory over Loki, but for Loki to escape.

For the team, we start with

Hulk
    Thor
    Ironman
    Wasp
    Hawkeye
    Scarlet Witch

This time around, Hank Pym doesn't start as a superhero. He's the science guy. Jan's "guy in the chair" if you will. I picture later in the series a big splash page where he shows up at the last minute as giant man for the first time to save the day, but mostly he's supporting cast.

Hawkeye is NOT an Agent of SHIELD.

Quicksilver is not a member of the team. I'd actually like his first appearance to be as a villain before coming over to the right side.

The big one everybody is probabaly wondering about is Captain America. I want him on the team, but only after the first few missions. The Avengers discover him after a few adventures.

SHIELD is giving them problems, Loki's messing with them, and the group's infighting is about to shut the team down for good when the Avengers find Cap and he pulls them together as a REAL team.

I'd also like him to be able to get SHIELD off the Avengers' backs. Cap makes the team legal. Apparently in WWII the President himself issued the Invaders Initiative which legally allows Captain America to recruit whoever he need to battle enemies both foreign and domestic. Turns out, nobody ever bothered to rescind it.

Iron Man, Thor, Antman, Wasp and the Hulk fighting Loki.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

OG's up against Graviton

Team: Black Panther, Dr. Voodoo, Blue Marvel, Photon, Luke Cage, Debrii.

Villain: Moses Magnum

The initial line up + Cap is pretty perfect, if I made any changes I guess I would sub out Wasp and Ant-Man for the Maximoff twins Wanda and Pietro. Toss in Hawkeye and Black Panther after the Hulk leaves the group.

First villain: Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"