Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do we really need Normie Osborn as the Red Goblin?
    No, but it was sadly inevitable based on the interest, engagement and sales of the original Red Goblin arc.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    No, but it was sadly inevitable based on the interest, engagement and sales of the original Red Goblin arc.
    It was from that spider-man/venom one shot that has a preview for the venom series

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    could have sworn he was set up to be a different symbiote in the venom book. Idk why they keep using this 7 to 9 year old
    He is a teenager now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    He is a teenager now
    He's whatever age Marvel want him to be at any time of day

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    He is a teenager now
    no thats dylan eddie kid. Normie is still much younger than him. Even in the gold goblin book he looks younger than a teenager
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Remember when Billy Connors was depicted as a young teen in the issue that kicked off the Peter's parents arc? They walked back on that obnoxiously quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Remember when Billy Connors was depicted as a young teen in the issue that kicked off the Peter's parents arc? They walked back on that obnoxiously quickly.
    It was easier to be eaten if he was smaller.

That's what I call foresight on Marvel's editorial, nice.

Man, no love for Shed on this board lmao.

195.jpg

Hmm, wish I could've been on the boards when it was coming out. What do y'all feel about Grim Hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

195.jpg

Hmm, wish I could've been on the boards when it was coming out. What do y'all feel about Grim Hunt?
    What are you talking about? Shed is a fan favorite arc! They've even used it to advertise Wells taking over the book.

It's not like Marvel would promote a guy through a controversial storyline or anything .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Last but certainly not least, Marvel knows how bad ASM 900 was and since 1000 will be the first numbered comic in Marvel History so they need to a: Get it right. b: Please the fans. c: Use this as the jump off point for Peter going forward. My take is after the Wells run you will see a better writer take over: Ewing Cates or someone better then Slott, Spencer and especially Wells. I have said it before and I will say it again: ASM 1000 is when the marriage returns.
    If Marvel really wants to do something monumental for their first official #1000 comic, I doubt redoing a story from 35+ years ago would be it.

The marriage is something only the small group of people on these boards really cares about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

195.jpg

An okay storyline that retconned a much better storyline (Kraven’s Last Hunt). It was a fun read in a vacuum, but hard to remove from its context which was resurrecting a villain who died in one of the best Spidey arcs of all time.

Yeah Grim Hunt is a good story on its own but I think it really had no point to be done, Dan Slott even said he just pretended Kraven was dead and didn't want to use him because he felt it was wrong. It's pretty telling how the next time Kraven was used in Amazing it was for a story that killed him again.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 11-21-2022 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    An okay storyline that retconned a much better storyline (Kraven’s Last Hunt). It was a fun read in a vacuum, but hard to remove from its context which was resurrecting a villain who died in one of the best Spidey arcs of all time.
    See, I thought as much! (And I agree--pretty good story). But it also, quite pointedly, features the gruesome ritual sacrifice of Mattie Franklin and the death of OG Madame Web. Interesting that their deaths aren't brought up nearly as much as Billy's dying in Shed is.

Is it that we as a society value children's lives over the lives of teenagers?
    Is it a civilian vs super-hero case?
    Is it good ol' fashioned mysogyny?
    Is it the semi-meme status of SHED\Grim Hunt fading from public memory?
    All of that above?

IDK, really. You decide, true believers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    If Marvel really wants to do something monumental for their first official #1000 comic, I doubt redoing a story from 35+ years ago would be it.

The marriage is something only the small group of people on these boards really cares about.
    You can make the argument that only a few people here care about the marriage. But you cannot dispute the fact Peter needs a new jump off point. Making him a teenager or at best someone who is in their early 20’s forever is not it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post

1. A tweet I made about the MJ Parker card being included in the Villainous game blew up overnight with loads of people retweeting it.

2. Marvel last year undid a story that's 17+ years old and their current story arc in the 60th anniversary year revolves around characters from a saga that's 25+ years old and redoing a romance that's 40+ years old. There's also that little matter of The Lost Hunt selling out and going to another printing, that uses the marriage and pregnancy to boot. In continuity no less.

You were saying?
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 11-22-2022 at 01:11 PM.