Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default The Penguin Series Launching in June by Tom King and Stefano Gaudiano

After escaping Gotham City and his criminal past to happily retire to Metropolis, the Penguin is forced back into organized crime by the U.S. government! The feathered felon, and Gotham City, will never be the same. Spinning out of the pages of Batman, The Penguin (working title) will be available in June from writer Tom King and artist Stefano Gaudiano (The Walking Dead).
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/18/d...n-january-2023

Astonishing Member

I guess they decided to make Penguin's ongoing because of his TV show.
    Anyway, should be interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    My thought as well! An easy way to get some more Penguin books on shelves before the show debuts.

With Catwoman, The Joker, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn all having their own series, and now Penguin, how long until Riddler or Two-Face get an in-continuity series?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    That's also why I'm assuming this is happening.

I didn't love Kings' Penguin in his own run but we'll see how this goes.

Astonishing Member

Glad to be the first to make this joke but will King explore more on the subplot of Penguin screwing a penguin LMAO

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't hate King like some, I often love his ideas and characterization, so I will give it a shot. I liked Killing Time and Bat/Cat and his Riddler one shot.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I will check this out. Again, like others have said I only see this happening because of the upcoming show.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Glad to be the first to make this joke but will King explore more on the subplot of Penguin screwing a penguin LMAO
    That was so random .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I guess Bendis really is quietly gone from DC, as this'd be the perfect thing for him to write.

Still, definitely on board for King writing this.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Pass for me, even if King wasn't involved.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I guess Bendis really is quietly gone from DC, as this'd be the perfect thing for him to write.

Oh no, how awful.
    But we're still stuck with a number of his changes.

King has confirmed this is an ongoing in a Comic Pop interview (it’s private right now however).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like he wants to write a "Frank Coppola Penguin" (neither the cartoon or the tim burton versions) iteration of the character, where he is the meaniest guy on the room. The series will start with Penguin doing **** to recover his place on Gotham

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    King has confirmed this is an ongoing in a Comic Pop interview (it’s private right now however).
    Not sure we need a Penguin ongoing but I guess we'll see how long King can carry it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Me, too. Especially if the following is his approach to it:

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Looks like he wants to write a "Frank Coppola Penguin" (neither the cartoon or the tim burton versions) iteration of the character, where he is the meaniest guy on the room. The series will start with Penguin doing **** to recover his place on Gotham
    OG gangsters (and yes, I realize that's redundant lol) trying to climb tooth and nail back to the top spot are always fun stories.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.