Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not sure we need a Penguin ongoing but I guess we'll see how long King can carry it.
    We’ve already got a Joker one, if we have to have multiple Batman related books going on, I don’t mind some of them following his villains. A Penguin book is just a criminal book and those can be fun. Something like the opposite of Gotham Central.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Zdarsky Substack
    Speaking of DC, they just gave me an EXCLUSIVE SUBSTACK REVEAL! Apparently they’ll be collecting the Penguin/Catwoman backup stories that I did with the amazing Bélen Ortega into its OWN COMIC! More details to come, but it’s going to be called PENGUIN #0. Why is it called that and not, like, CATWOMAN V PENGUIN: DAWN OF JUSTICE? It’s even got DAWN in the name!! Nobody listens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I enjoyed that, I wish they'd give Belen a monthly book, very nice art.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

DC inevitably always collects backups! I think.

Extraordinary Member

Follow along to DC Comics' Dawn of DC panel from Wondercon
    Now time to chat about The Penguin (Tom King, Rafael De Latorre, with a variant cover from Brian Bolland)... King mentions "The Scorsese Penguin... the Godfather Penguin...He goes where he wants to go... The exact opposite of Wonder Woman"

Ditching the suits for a bit.

Extraordinary Member

I hope this doesn't try to synergize Penguin too much.

Incredible Member

I'm always a bit intrigued by Tom King's writing at least at first . So it should be really interesting what he does with Penguin . Hopefully it's a crime book with emphasis on the Cobblepot long history in Gotham that may put him up against the Wayne's long history too . A more human looking Penguin would be cool too but still sinister looking.
    Even if the book only lasts 12 issues , that seems to be the right length lately for King anyway.

got 2 read issue #1 this morning.

i really enjoyed the premise of the issue. of course the killing time is essential reading before this..

also the 1st pages of him and batman will tie to gotham war. since the story does a time jump to his 1st year living in metropolis.

highly recommend

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Killing Time being essential reading is a turn-off. Didn´enjoy it as a whole or King´s takes on the characters.
    One Bad Day Penguin was also not good. I might still buy it for Gaudiano´s moody artwork.

I cannot believe this will be worth the cost of producing and distributing this.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Killing Time being essential reading is a turn-off. Didn´enjoy it as a whole or King´s takes on the characters.
    One Bad Day Penguin was also not good. I might still buy it for Gaudiano´s moody artwork.
    In fairness One Bad Day Penguin was not by Tom King, that was John Ridley.

King wrote the Riddler issue.