Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

agree on another solid issue. Really enjoying this run, glad my LCS suggested it. Not a hug King fan, but he is killing it so far on this book. We probably skip the 2 parts When Bruce met Ozzie arc and jump back on with issue 8 in March.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    agree on another solid issue. Really enjoying this run, glad my LCS suggested it. Not a hug King fan, but he is killing it so far on this book. We probably skip the 2 parts When Bruce met Ozzie arc and jump back on with issue 8 in March.

I think the latest was another solid issue for sure . Didn't expect to see Batman so soon in the book though.
    King makes me laugh both in this book and Wonder Woman with all the cursing in the books .
    With King there's always so much dialogue to read that it's so different from those books that have mostly splash pages and nothing to say.
    I keep thinking that Penguin is a limited series , but it seems to be a long term book . I guess depending on sales .

next week new issue is rather......... interesting..

has that batman year one story feel.. im sure there will be some controversial takes on here on tuesday.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000642110786

King confirmed on Word Balloon that Penguin is a 12 issue maxi despite having been advertised as an ongoing. Might have been a sales thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

King confirmed on Word Balloon that Penguin is a 12 issue maxi despite having been advertised as an ongoing. Might have been a sales thing.
    Maybe or they realized they only had so much story to tell.

5 issues to build his team, then a 2-issue origin story followed by a 5-issue arc to take back the Iceberg lounge & return to Gotham.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Thanks for the update Vordan . I've been enjoying it and I thought that it was ongoing but at the same time thought that Penguin is not as popular as Joker .
    So actually a 12 issue maxi makes sense , you're right that it could be a sales thing too .
    I'd like for Penguin to evolve into a more human type villain instead of being so fishy like , lol . More of a serious threat like a Mob Boss , since Cobblepot does come from money like the Waynes . I don't know , just my take on the character .

Extraordinary Member

The Penguin #6 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Stevan Subic

Oh hey, Falcone! Kind of giving me Gotham vibes with young Penguin working for the mob.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    next week new issue is rather......... interesting..

has that batman year one story feel.. im sure there will be some controversial takes on here on tuesday.
    Read the latest issue last night and really has me surprised for sure .
    Didn't expect a new origin for Penguin ( Cobblepot ) , I really prefer that Penguin came from a wealthy family and not this new origin that King came up with .
    It definitely has a Year One feel , but I've been reading Batman since about 1991 and always thought that Oswald came from money .
    Really disappointed that King is now saying that it was Batman/Bruce that gave Penguin the money to buy the Iceberg Lounge .
    I like the period when Falcone was the mob boss and more stories could be told about that period .

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Didn't expect a new origin for Penguin ( Cobblepot ) , I really prefer that Penguin came from a wealthy family and not this new origin that King came up with .
    It definitely has a Year One feel , but I've been reading Batman since about 1991 and always thought that Oswald came from money .
    Really disappointed that King is now saying that it was Batman/Bruce that gave Penguin the money to buy the Iceberg Lounge .
    I like the period when Falcone was the mob boss and more stories could be told about that period .
    That sounds so weird.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Yeah, Tom King's Batman is usually an idiot until the plot demands otherwise.

As origins go, I don't see this one lasting too long. Not a single interesting or sympathetic element to it

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Aren't the Cobblepots usually poor as **** despite their whole claim of being higher class?

One of Penguin's motivations is capturing that wealth and status he feels he deserves from his family.

Extraordinary Member

The Penguin #7 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Stevan Subic

Is that his wife on the second page?