Incredible Member

Default Batman: The Brave and the Bold Series Launching in May

A classic title returns with tales of the Dark Knight and core stories building out Dawn of DC! Coming in May, Batman: The Brave and the Bold features top writers and artists, including Tom King (Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow), Mitch Gerads (Mister Miracle), Guillem March (Catwoman), Gabriel Hardman (Green Lantern: Earth One), Dan Mora (Batman/Superman: World’s Finest), Rob Williams (Suicide Squad) and more.
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/18/d...n-january-2023

Tom King's work can go all over the place in terms of plots, characters, and tones that having him write a Brave and the Bold book is...quite a lot to take in.

Incredible Member

It's my impression, but I think this comic will be on the same role as Batman: Urban Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    It's my impression, but I think this comic will be on the same role as Batman: Urban Legends
    Yeah, but more focused around the DCU than Gotham I bet.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, but more focused around the DCU than Gotham I bet.
    Yeah, which makes sense as Urban Legends has been trending more that direction later on anyways- Batman/Zatanna, Batman/Question, the movie tie-in issue, Batman/Plastic Man. Plus, most of Bat's supporting cast have their own solo showcases or a role in another book (minus, like Batwoman, Huntress and Signal).

Brave and the Bold - Yay!
    Tom King - Errrrr.

I expect a roller-coaster. One issue will be something like "Batman and the Original Vigilante Come Together in a Rollicking Adventure Involving Vampires, Werewolves, and a Hidden Treasure," while the next will be "Batman and Sgt. Rock's Grandson Team Up in a Grueling Psychodrama that Reveals the Horrible Wartime Decisions of DC's Most Celebrated Soldier."

Man Tom King’s Batman run got cut short so he’s going to be writing Batman minis forever to make up for it

I do wish he would move on to one of the other A-Listers instead of just doing more Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man Tom King’s Batman run got cut short so he’s going to be writing Batman minis forever to make up for it

I do wish he would move on to one of the other A-Listers instead of just doing more Batman.
    Do we really want him writing the other A-Listers? I know he wrote a decent Superman story but I have no confidence in him writing, like, Wonder Woman or Flash.