Extraordinary Member

Default Tim Drake: Robin #3 Preview

Tim Drake: Robin #3 Preview
    Writer: Meghan Fitzmartin
    Artist: Riley Rossmo

"Some boyfriend your turned out to be." - Well, she's not wrong.

I don't even know why Steph is there because she was barely Robin and was mostly a placeholder for him. And didn't Batman train her, like, 2-3%?

Oh, and it's Clayface right? Feels like he's been everywhere lately.

Mighty Member

Can't wait for trashing of Timsteph

Some of the dialouge here feels like addressing complaints against those who have criticized FM's writing of Tim with regards to Steph and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't even know why Steph is there because she was barely Robin and was mostly a placeholder for him. And didn't Batman train her, like, 2-3%?

Clayface knew Tim's ID from his time in Detective Comics?
    I didn't read that book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Clayface knew Tim's ID from his time in Detective Comics?
    I didn't read that book.
    Oh yeah, I think so?

Although the "Villain" Clayface isn't Karlo any more, it's Preston Payne right?

Incredible Member

Are we still having this tired debate? Steph was Robin, officially, fully, and has been reaffirmed as such in whatever passes for canon these days. What puzzles me is Tim's assertion here that she was "not trained by Batman", which is either ignorance on behalf of the author or could hint at some (stupid) continuity change. Not sure how she could be an actual Robin without any training from the big guy whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Are we still having this tired debate? Steph was Robin, officially, fully, and has been reaffirmed as such in whatever passes for canon these days. What puzzles me is Tim's assertion here that she was "not trained by Batman", which is either ignorance on behalf of the author or could hint at some (stupid) continuity change. Not sure how she could be an actual Robin without any training from the big guy whatsoever.
    My issue isn't with acknowledging Steph as a Robin, but just assuming that her Robin status is something to lord over Tim like the rest.

Fantastic Member

My issue isn't with acknowledging Steph as a Robin, but just assuming that her Robin status is something to lord over Tim like the rest.
    Eh, I could construct a plausible explanation that Stephanie as Robin reminds Tim of how everyone being too strongly attached to him specifically being Robin can be a very bad thing. Especially since both Alfred and Tim on some level suspected Bruce was using Steph to get to Tim to come back.

Ultimate Member

Yes in Robin 126 (I think I have to look for that issue where she actually starts) we do see a sequence of Batman training her.

Including comments of Tim did this and that better in one scene.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Eh, I could construct a plausible explanation that Stephanie as Robin reminds Tim of how everyone being too strongly attached to him specifically being Robin can be a very bad thing. Especially since both Alfred and Tim on some level suspected Bruce was using Steph to get to Tim to come back.
    That's fair. I guess it's just surreal to me because Steph hardly ever factors into the Robin debates or competition for one reason or another.

Fantastic Member

I can tell you though that I doubt that the writer in this case has the same justification in mind.

Mighty Member

I mean Steph was included simply because DC realizes it is a bad look to exclude the female Robin after how horribly they treated her.