Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

See these two? Even if its Elseworlds, I want to see the both of them interacting within the League of Assassins during their time there. There's actually overlap time that is NEVER touched upon, except in fanfics. Some of which are quite interesting.
    I thought YJ would explore Jason's time with the LOA before he becomes Red Hood. So retconning in some interactions between them could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought YJ would explore Jason's time with the LOA before he becomes Red Hood. So retconning in some interactions between them could be fun.
    Same here. But outside a few scenes with other characters, they were never really involved, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same here. But outside a few scenes with other characters, they were never really involved, sadly.
    They could change that with a few retcons or a new approach in the present.

Incredible Member

I'd like to see how Tim and Ariana first hooked up. They met in "Cry of the Huntress" where they had one conversation (not including their interactions where Tim was Robin). Then during Knightfall (when Jean-Paul first dons his 'Azbat' armour) they talk on the phone and are clearly quite close. Then next time we see them together in Robin's solo series they're already a couple who have had at least a few dates.

How did they first become close? How did Tim first ask her out? I'd like to see that. It could be done in flashback in a story where Tim is reminiscing.

Fantastic Member

Would like see Terra/Tara come back and give Beast Boy more trouble. Enjoyed her brief appearance in Blackest Night.

Would like see characters that haven't been used in years show up. Who was Dick Grayson's girlfriend in the 70's when he was attending Hudson University? Was it Lori something? I'd like to see her, Babs, Kori, Bette, and all the others get together and compare notes on Bruce Wayne's ward.

Instead of doing all these events. Do some two part storylines where the heroes regain an everyman perspective on the world. Fighting evil in a way that doesn't always have earth and universe ending trauma.

--jthree

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Would like see Terra/Tara come back and give Beast Boy more trouble. Enjoyed her brief appearance in Blackest Night.

Would like see characters that haven't been used in years show up. Who was Dick Grayson's girlfriend in the 70's when he was attending Hudson University? Was it Lori something? I'd like to see her, Babs, Kori, Bette, and all the others get together and compare notes on Bruce Wayne's ward.

Instead of doing all these events. Do some two part storylines where the heroes regain an everyman perspective on the world. Fighting evil in a way that doesn't always have earth and universe ending trauma.

--jthree
    Terra's been back for a while, but DC refuses to use her in situations where she should be involved: Shadow War and Dark Crisis.

Danny Chase as Red X.

Hawk and Dove are revealed to be Athena's sons. Hank and Don's mother is never listed on Wikipedia. So I'd fill in that gap with this.

Tim Drake attends Ivy University and gets involved with wacky sci-fi hijinks. This leads him to take on the new ID of the Architek or Mister Wax from Spurrier's World without Justice League issue.

Duke teams up with Detective Chimp and gets a crash course in mysticism. Duke calls Chimp "DC" and Chimp calls him "Duke Holmes".

Damian meets Misfit.

Steph spends a year on Themyscira. She doesn't get powers but gets trained by one of the Amazon's and picks up a new name.

Conner taking the name "Sentinel" and becoming the sheriff of Cadmus town. A reservation where the cadmus creations live their own lives.

I had a pitch where Donna was a refugee from Bialya but that could be retooled into another WW legacy.

Davood Nassur is an obscure character going by Sharif and Sinbad. Both have different meanings but he was a refugee from Qurac. Superman inspired him to be a superhero. Sinbad would probably lean into his teleportation ability and it's mystically powered. Sharif is more based on telepathy still mystically powered. His adventures are a shoutout to Smallville with him being a high school hero in Metropolis.

Red Canary gets the ability to talk to birds. It's a shoutout to the Golden Age Black Canary.

Vixen forms a trinity with Deadman and Black Orchid.

Starfire ends up mentoring Summer Zahid.

Jason becomes a mentor to Dex from We Are Robin.

Kid Jon would've been the tag along kid for Damian's teen Titans team during Adam Glass's run. He has a crush on Crush that everyone thought was funny.

I'd follow up on Kid Flash's relationship with Power Girl II from Deathstroke's run. He teams up with Deathstroke to go save her from precondition. This ends up being his graduation from Kid Flash to a new ID. I'm fond of ignition that Factor suggested.

I'm bored of BB and Raven getting stuck with the Titans and I rather see them branch out. Ascended pitched an older BB as a social media star trying to use his fame and inheritance for charity. I thought of Raven as a supernatural investigator with a day job selling antiques.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    It may be too general of a question but I think most readers have a favorite type of story they enjoy reading.

I personally like stories that deal with history. DC does do stories like this but they've recently taken it too far. Build on existing history, don't re-write it.

What type of story would you like to see and with which character(s)?
    Speaking of history, I would like to see Vandal Savage as Hannibal, they both have obsessions with over planning. That's or Leonardo da Vinci with backward magic stuff on his backward notes or his unique inventions. Sometimes I would like linking Zatanna homo magi history with Byzantium xd

Also I would like to see some downtime stuff of the leaguers on their Watchtower or Hall of Justice. Some light fun stuff of them bonding together. Haven't read recent Justice League but I remember they have some at the Silver age era stories

Damian becomes the next Shadow in the next Batman and Shadow crossover.

The original Crimson Avenger comes back as an avatar of vengeance empowered by Nemesis the Greek goddess of Vengeance.

Lor-Zod goes by Scion or Umbra. His conception in the Phantom Zone gives him darkness mutation abilities as a homage to his time as Nightwing.

Jace would fight Killer moth during the second son arc while Wrath takes the spotlight in Fear state. On Earth 3 his counterpart is one of the Terrible Trio. During Lazarus Planet he's forced to carry Katana's soultaker.

I'd do an esleworlds where Apollo forces Barbara Gordon to be one of his oracles. She has limited precognition but has to rely on her training as Batgirl to deal with it.

An elseworld where Steph became Infinity after she died. She's the ghostlike character from Birds of Prey #120.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Infinity_(New_Earth)
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-26-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

It may be too general of a question but I think most readers have a favorite type of story they enjoy reading.

I personally like stories that deal with history. DC does do stories like this but they've recently taken it too far. Build on existing history, don't re-write it.

I'd like to see stories that focus on other parts of the DC multiverse, especially Earth 3. Seeing Batman's rogues' gallery fight a tyrannical Justice League would just be spectacular.

Onyx the granddaughter of the World War II's Amazing Man made canon from the Young Justice Cartoon.

https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/

This is my favorite fan redesign of DC so I'd make it another Earth and let him run wild.

https://www.deviantart.com/jarein/ar...cept-244958460

I'd do a modern take on Billy Batson based on this concept art. His powers change when he hits his teen years. He and his adopted siblings deal with this change in different ways.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

I like stories where characters are rehabilitated or used in different/unusual ways.

Another really good supervillain rehabilitation story in the vein of the White Knight series

More of the White Knight series and more of good guy Joker or pre-Joker needling Batman and/or being romantic with Harley in a healthy way.

A rebooted Crime Syndicate universe comic that crosses over with the main series and other Elseworlds, like the vampire universe and White Knight.

A Joker kills the DC multiverse-type comic, maybe with the help of Mr. Mxyzptlk or Bat-Mite

A comic where Harley Quinn isn't trying to act like Deadpool but is more in touch with her cold, calculating, darkly comedic side and/or her kind nurturing psychologist side. Harleen was excellent. I'd like to read a sequel.

A comic where Jason Todd and Duela Dent team up and take on the Teen Titans and Gotham! Extra points if they find a way to involve the Earth 3 Joker, even if he's just a Joker impersonator in that timeline

Another comic from the Earth 3 Joker's perspective; he's just such a great character

More Injustice Plasticman

A comic where a disguised Harley counsels Duela and Punchline about their obsession with the Joker, probably as a way to distract Punchline and complete a mission from Task Force X.

A DC/Dark Horse crossover where Harley and whoever is wearing the Mask go out on a fun zany madcap date. They wasted it by crossing the Joker over with the Mask; they should have done Harley Quinn instead. Joker is best when he's played as darkly comedic, not zany. Zany Joker should be used sparingly, unless it's the Earth 3 Joker, then yeah, go crazy.
    Last edited by kcomics; 11-29-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Would like to see a younger Nightsar debut in the mainline universe. It would be interesting to see both Dick and Barbara's reaction.

Conner taking the name "Sentinel" and becoming the premier hero of Honolulu. Connor will be a brand new take on the golden age Superman similar to the Grant Morrison run.

Dr. Light and Firestorm joining The Terrifics both serving as the Invisible Woman and Hunan Torch of the team. Frienshio rivalry and potential romance with both Mr. Terrific and Dr. Light.

A Team Titans limited series. A "Dead Heroes Club" led by Arsenal for the Titans who were either deceased (revive by some random event or something) or heroes who quietly retired and now act as a covert ops unit for the overt Titans. Members: Arsenal (leader); Bumblebee; Mirage; Risk; Pantha; Terra II and Phantasm

A Night Force limited series. A "Titans Dark" team led by both Raven and Donna Troy combating supernatural threats. Members: Raven (co-leader), Donna Troy (co-leader) Traci Thirteen; Zachary Zatara; Black Alice; Stich; Red Devil; Osiris and Dr. Fate (Khalid Nassour)

Sanderson Hawkins wakes up from one of his dreams in a cold sweat, barely able to get out the words "Wesley ... he's alive?", to kick off a time-hopping/mystical JSA adventure to find the Golden Age Sandman and what exactly Gog and Dr. Manhatten have to do with his seeming return.