Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What storylines would you like to see in a DC comic?

It may be too general of a question but I think most readers have a favorite type of story they enjoy reading.

I personally like stories that deal with history. DC does do stories like this but they've recently taken it too far. Build on existing history, don't re-write it.

What type of story would you like to see and with which character(s)?

The YJ crew in their 20s with new IDs. The exception is Impulse.

I thought Vigil might be Roy's new ID.

Sharif gets the Jace Fox treatment.

Boy Thunder gets a solo set in the modern day.

Lil Lobo and Empress gets a solo together.

An elseworlds where Anarky was a former Robin.

An Elseworlds where Superman landed in Bialya.

Myrna Black, Wraith and Reaper were former members of the JSA.

Infinity Inc in the 1980s.

Welcome to Tranquility crossover with the JSA.

Blackout joins Titan Academy.

Jace Fox teams up with Chupacabra from Titans Academy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The YJ crew in their 20s with new IDs. The exception is Impulse.

I thought Vigil might be Roy's new ID.

Sharif gets the Jace Fox treatment.

Boy Thunder gets a solo set in the modern day.

Lil Lobo and Empress gets a solo together.

An elseworlds where Anarky was a former Robin.

An Elseworlds where Superman landed in Bialya.

Myrna Black, Wraith and Reaper were former members of the JSA.

Infinity Inc in the 1980s.

Welcome to Tranquility crossover with the JSA.

Blackout joins Titan Academy.

Jace Fox teams up with Chupacabra from Titans Academy.
    Some really nice ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Some really nice ideas!!
    Thanks pal.

Other ideas-

Yara teams up with Fire and they have a discussion of what a Superhero of Brazil needs to be.

Sirraca Diana's half sister from Palestine becomes a modern day version of Wonder Tot. She gets a second chance at life and lives on Themyscira till she is old enough to leave like Diana did. She's from the Azzarello/Chiang run.

Conner Hawke was trained by the Fist clan. I never saw him as asexual but celibate. So he could be a celibate gay/bi guy. Ollie calls him Emerald Fist as a joke but Conner likes it and it stays.

Vic Sage ends up infiltrating the Mask Clan from Lemire's run. We also see how he got the urban shaman powers from the early 2000s miniseries. He becomes a detective aimed at conspiracy theories. Huntress is his partner/love interest.

In a reboot Kyle would be a blue Lantern. It's a way to clean up his origin and pay homage.

Simon Baz would be Air Wave instead of Green Lantern.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-19-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Lois Lane finds that more people are interested in Superman's wife than a world class reporter. World leaders she is interviewing spend more time discussing Superman than the actual interview. there are more article written about her than by her. How does Lois deal with being the story?

A time/dimension spanning story that shows the original JSA, Silver Age JLA, and modern JLA dealing with a threat that does not alter continuity but does allow the writer(s) to show things like 1938 Superman contrasted with Silver Age and Post-Crisis or Jay in his prime alongside Barry and Wally in their prime. Sort of classic Earth-Two/Earth-One and a few Post Crisis eras interacting.

Stories where the heroes are dealing with impersonal crimes. So no "Luthor is targeting Superman", "Wonder Woman deals with Amazonian/Olympian problems" or "Nothing will ever be the same for Character X after this issue". A story where the threat is to someone we never saw before and the hero has no personal stake besides saving the day.

Astonishing Member

I'd like a Team Titans story featuring some of the Titan characters who haven't been used recently and other underused characters. A writer could do all sorts of plots with that set up.

Following Tower of Babel and the failsafe arc the villains of the dc universe have one collective thought that sets all eyes on Gotham. If Batman has contingencies in place the heroes go to far, and see just how dangerous they are with Failsafe having taken on the Justice League, then what are his contingencies in place if the villains of the world go to far?

Does Batman have a plan for the Rouges? The legion of doom? The secret society?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hal Jordan teaming up with other heroes. I'd love that.

Bring back the New Gods in a way where they seem like GODS. And no, there should be no f**king way Superman could take on Darkseid alone without monumental effort and some luck a la Spider-Man taking on Juggernaut, even if it means Orion - as the one fated to kill Darkseid - is more powerful than Superman.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I think I want to see Mr. Terrific's team more, and I'd like to see not played for laughs. Like a serious send up of him doing
    multiversal exploring. I'd like to se the team be a little different and I'd like him to have a rivalry with another hero. I haven't decided who but I got a couple ideas.

I'd like to see a story about the immortals of the dcu, and not just diana, but the people on earth who aren't dying if not killed in battle, and I think I'd like to have someone give them knowledge
    of their deaths. "Oh yeah, Such and such kills you, in 15 years. You? You die of old age." and then see the fall out of that prophecy and how it affects the people who're living forever. It has to happen
    because the legion exists.

I want to see a story where Captain Atom or someone similar is sitting at the end of time and thinking back deciding what to do now that all the stars are burning out... and maybe at that moment *Death* from the endless appears. It strikes me
    he can have better stories in general compared to his feats. I'd just once like him to get exploded pushed through time only to "COME RIGHT BACK" before the fights finished and be pissed off that it took him years in the future to get back.

I really agree with the New Gods story above me. That sounds great.

He's my big one though. I want a story line in which A new hero. Challenges the status quo, and the JLA, end up having to stop him. I don't know if he's giving people powers like Trelane or hadning them candles like from Neron, but he's doing something that is world changing for the good of earth, but the PtB can't allow this guy to continue. Though maybe... maybe thats beyond the scope of Old Justice to handle. Idk.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 11-20-2022 at 01:28 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

We jump into the past as shenanigans mean Infinity Inc and the New Teen Titans are forced to team up to investigate a murder, and find their way home, all while they figure out who the victim is. Meanwhile, with the JSA breathing down their necks, it seems like nobody will accomplish anything. Adults suck!!

Extraordinary Member

I would love to see a mystery involving the Satellite Justice League of America.

I was hoping to get something like this through Identity Crisis but that turned into a disaster I'd rather forget.

Something like The Long Halloween but with the JLofA. An untold story from the past that would have that lineup.

Boisterously Confused

Superheroes doing what Superman and the other pre-1940 superheroes did. Hammering at greed, injustice and the people grasping at wealth and power with no regard for who gets crushed.

That doesn't require Lex Luthor or Ras al Ghul for an antagonist. Save them for occasional events. Superheroes should spend some time toppling analogues of Musk, Oldsteen or Belnichik.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal Jordan teaming up with other heroes. I'd love that.

Bring back the New Gods in a way where they seem like GODS. And no, there should be no f**king way Superman could take on Darkseid alone without monumental effort and some luck a la Spider-Man taking on Juggernaut, even if it means Orion - as the one fated to kill Darkseid - is more powerful than Superman.
    Y'see, I got no issue with that.
    It's all in the name.... New GOD versus MAN of Steel.
    There should be plenty of beings out in the universe far more powerful than Superman.
    There's just no one else in the galaxy who can match his heart.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

See these two? Even if its Elseworlds, I want to see the both of them interacting within the League of Assassins during their time there. There's actually overlap time that is NEVER touched upon, except in fanfics. Some of which are quite interesting.