Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default What storylines would you like to see in a DC comic?

It may be too general of a question but I think most readers have a favorite type of story they enjoy reading.

I personally like stories that deal with history. DC does do stories like this but they've recently taken it too far. Build on existing history, don't re-write it.

What type of story would you like to see and with which character(s)?

The YJ crew in their 20s with new IDs. The exception is Impulse.

I thought Vigil might be Roy's new ID.

Sharif gets the Jace Fox treatment.

Boy Thunder gets a solo set in the modern day.

Lil Lobo and Empress gets a solo together.

An elseworlds where Anarky was a former Robin.

An Elseworlds where Superman landed in Bialya.

Myrna Black, Wraith and Reaper were former members of the JSA.

Infinity Inc in the 1980s.

Welcome to Tranquility crossover with the JSA.

Blackout joins Titan Academy.

Jace Fox teams up with Chupacabra from Titans Academy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The YJ crew in their 20s with new IDs. The exception is Impulse.

I thought Vigil might be Roy's new ID.

Sharif gets the Jace Fox treatment.

Boy Thunder gets a solo set in the modern day.

Lil Lobo and Empress gets a solo together.

An elseworlds where Anarky was a former Robin.

An Elseworlds where Superman landed in Bialya.

Myrna Black, Wraith and Reaper were former members of the JSA.

Infinity Inc in the 1980s.

Welcome to Tranquility crossover with the JSA.

Blackout joins Titan Academy.

Jace Fox teams up with Chupacabra from Titans Academy.
    Some really nice ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Some really nice ideas!!
    Thanks pal.

Other ideas-

Yara teams up with Fire and they have a discussion of what a Superhero of Brazil needs to be.

Sirraca Diana's half sister from Palestine becomes a modern day version of Wonder Tot. She gets a second chance at life and lives on Themyscira till she is old enough to leave like Diana did. She's from the Azzarello/Chiang run.

Conner Hawke was trained by the Fist clan. I never saw him as asexual but celibate. So he could be a celibate gay/bi guy. Ollie calls him Emerald Fist as a joke but Conner likes it and it stays.

Vic Sage ends up infiltrating the Mask Clan from Lemire's run. We also see how he got the urban shaman powers from the early 2000s miniseries. He becomes a detective aimed at conspiracy theories. Huntress is his partner/love interest.

In a reboot Kyle would be a blue Lantern. It's a way to clean up his origin and pay homage.

Simon Baz would be Air Wave instead of Green Lantern.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-19-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Lois Lane finds that more people are interested in Superman's wife than a world class reporter. World leaders she is interviewing spend more time discussing Superman than the actual interview. there are more article written about her than by her. How does Lois deal with being the story?

A time/dimension spanning story that shows the original JSA, Silver Age JLA, and modern JLA dealing with a threat that does not alter continuity but does allow the writer(s) to show things like 1938 Superman contrasted with Silver Age and Post-Crisis or Jay in his prime alongside Barry and Wally in their prime. Sort of classic Earth-Two/Earth-One and a few Post Crisis eras interacting.

Stories where the heroes are dealing with impersonal crimes. So no "Luthor is targeting Superman", "Wonder Woman deals with Amazonian/Olympian problems" or "Nothing will ever be the same for Character X after this issue". A story where the threat is to someone we never saw before and the hero has no personal stake besides saving the day.

Astonishing Member

I'd like a Team Titans story featuring some of the Titan characters who haven't been used recently and other underused characters. A writer could do all sorts of plots with that set up.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    It may be too general of a question but I think most readers have a favorite type of story they enjoy reading.

I personally like stories that deal with history. DC does do stories like this but they've recently taken it too far. Build on existing history, don't re-write it.

Speaking of history, I would like to see Vandal Savage as Hannibal, they both have obsessions with over planning. That's or Leonardo da Vinci with backward magic stuff on his backward notes or his unique inventions. Sometimes I would like linking Zatanna homo magi history with Byzantium xd

Also I would like to see some downtime stuff of the leaguers on their Watchtower or Hall of Justice. Some light fun stuff of them bonding together. Haven't read recent Justice League but I remember they have some at the Silver age era stories

Damian becomes the next Shadow in the next Batman and Shadow crossover.

The original Crimson Avenger comes back as an avatar of vengeance empowered by Nemesis the Greek goddess of Vengeance.

Lor-Zod goes by Scion or Umbra. His conception in the Phantom Zone gives him darkness mutation abilities as a homage to his time as Nightwing.

Jace would fight Killer moth during the second son arc while Wrath takes the spotlight in Fear state. On Earth 3 his counterpart is one of the Terrible Trio. During Lazarus Planet he's forced to carry Katana's soultaker.

I'd do an esleworlds where Apollo forces Barbara Gordon to be one of his oracles. She has limited precognition but has to rely on her training as Batgirl to deal with it.

An elseworld where Steph became Infinity after she died. She's the ghostlike character from Birds of Prey #120.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Infinity_(New_Earth)
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-26-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'd like to see stories that focus on other parts of the DC multiverse, especially Earth 3. Seeing Batman's rogues' gallery fight a tyrannical Justice League would just be spectacular.

Onyx the granddaughter of the World War II's Amazing Man made canon from the Young Justice Cartoon.

https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/

This is my favorite fan redesign of DC so I'd make it another Earth and let him run wild.

https://www.deviantart.com/jarein/ar...cept-244958460

I'd do a modern take on Billy Batson based on this concept art. His powers change when he hits his teen years. He and his adopted siblings deal with this change in different ways.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

I like stories where characters are rehabilitated or used in different/unusual ways.

Another really good supervillain rehabilitation story in the vein of the White Knight series

More of the White Knight series and more of good guy Joker or pre-Joker needling Batman and/or being romantic with Harley in a healthy way.

A rebooted Crime Syndicate universe comic that crosses over with the main series and other Elseworlds, like the vampire universe and White Knight.

A Joker kills the DC multiverse-type comic, maybe with the help of Mr. Mxyzptlk or Bat-Mite

A comic where Harley Quinn isn't trying to act like Deadpool but is more in touch with her cold, calculating, darkly comedic side and/or her kind nurturing psychologist side. Harleen was excellent. I'd like to read a sequel.

A comic where Jason Todd and Duela Dent team up and take on the Teen Titans and Gotham! Extra points if they find a way to involve the Earth 3 Joker, even if he's just a Joker impersonator in that timeline

Another comic from the Earth 3 Joker's perspective; he's just such a great character

More Injustice Plasticman

A comic where a disguised Harley counsels Duela and Punchline about their obsession with the Joker, probably as a way to distract Punchline and complete a mission from Task Force X.

A DC/Dark Horse crossover where Harley and whoever is wearing the Mask go out on a fun zany madcap date. They wasted it by crossing the Joker over with the Mask; they should have done Harley Quinn instead. Joker is best when he's played as darkly comedic, not zany. Zany Joker should be used sparingly, unless it's the Earth 3 Joker, then yeah, go crazy.
    Last edited by kcomics; 11-29-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Would like to see a younger Nightsar debut in the mainline universe. It would be interesting to see both Dick and Barbara's reaction.

Conner taking the name "Sentinel" and becoming the premier hero of Honolulu. Connor will be a brand new take on the golden age Superman similar to the Grant Morrison run.

Dr. Light and Firestorm joining The Terrifics both serving as the Invisible Woman and Hunan Torch of the team. Frienshio rivalry and potential romance with both Mr. Terrific and Dr. Light.

A Team Titans limited series. A "Dead Heroes Club" led by Arsenal for the Titans who were either deceased (revive by some random event or something) or heroes who quietly retired and now act as a covert ops unit for the overt Titans. Members: Arsenal (leader); Bumblebee; Mirage; Risk; Pantha; Terra II and Phantasm

A Night Force limited series. A "Titans Dark" team led by both Raven and Donna Troy combating supernatural threats. Members: Raven (co-leader), Donna Troy (co-leader) Traci Thirteen; Zachary Zatara; Black Alice; Stich; Red Devil; Osiris and Dr. Fate (Khalid Nassour)

Sanderson Hawkins wakes up from one of his dreams in a cold sweat, barely able to get out the words "Wesley ... he's alive?", to kick off a time-hopping/mystical JSA adventure to find the Golden Age Sandman and what exactly Gog and Dr. Manhatten have to do with his seeming return.

JSA Rebels- Huntress leads a squad with former criminals or their kids. Based of the recent JSA first issue.

Tim Drake is a white hat hacker who emulates Batman in the White Knight verse.

For the new 52- I would've taken a page out of Mark Waid's Legion reboot and given the legacy characters new ids, histories and maybe powers. The relationship with their mentors would be kept but everything else overhauled.

2011's Legion Lost gets adapted for Superman and Lois. Timber Wolf, Wildfire and Dawn Star knew Clark. They met after he met Jor-el.

JL 3000 would be about a few legionaires who take on the JL mantles ie Karate Kid is Batman.

Renee Montaya, Anarky and Traci 13 team up to stop a mystical crisis in Hub City.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-02-2022 at 12:58 PM.