View Poll Results: Amy Adams back in MOS2: Yay or Nay?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay! Loved Amy Adams' Lois Lane!

10 27.78%
  • Yay. Let's see what a different director and writer can do with Amy's Lois

13 36.11%
  • Nay. Let's see what a different actress could do with the role

9 25.00%
  • Nay! Hated Amy Adams' Lois Lane!

4 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Amy Adams back in MOS2: Yay or Nay?

During the promotional tour for her new movie Disenchanted, Amy Adams expressed that she is happy for former co-star Henry Cavill returning as Superman and, more to the point here, open to returning to the role of Lois Lane (also she would be fine if they chose to go in another direction as well).

What do you think about Amy Adams possibly returning as Lois Lane in MOS2?

Personally, I'm all for it.

I know she and Henry didn't appear to have great chemistry onscreen in MOS1, but I'm placing the blame for that more on the director and the writers.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

She's a great actor and a big name to have attached to the character. I hope that a new writer can do better with her.
    Assassinate Putin!

Sure. I'm up for her getting another shot at being Lois.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

She is not my favorite version of the character..erica is.I don't really have problem.Even if i did it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Amy is an excellent actor and when given the opportunity I think she can make a seriously good Lois. I really want MOS2 to be done well. Cavill could be a perfect Clark/Kal/Superman, he loves the character as well.

I'm either/or with Amy - I do think she's great and could do amazingly well with a decent writer/director, so I'm for it. I couldn't care less about age/etc, she'd be great. If it's someone else, I'm fine there, too (even if I don't blame her for my not feeling as attached to her Lois as I was hoping).
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I think she's super dull. Though I've only seen season 1 of the current TV show, that actor's portrayal of Lois is perfect.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm a big fan of her work regardless, but I wouldn't want to recast anyway.

Cavil's Superman is coming back, so should his Lois. And Perry.

And Jimm... Ok, maybe not that one.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

If they bring her back and the lack of on-screen chemistry persists, then it'll look like a really terrible decision. I'll leave it at that. But I might be okay with a mulligan for all MoS actors.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I think she's a really good actor, she's been in some top notch flicks so she's clearly capable of doing something with the character. She's talented enough to get another shot at it.

I do also think she's been handling it great, basically saying she'd happily take the role again but equally happy to give someone else their shot.

Want Fishburne back too.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Wouldn't mind seeing Amy Adams back as everyone's favourite Pulitzer Prize winning reporter, and hopefully alongside a DCEU debut of Jon Samuel Kent (one aspect of ZS'JL that finds its way down this timeline)

I’m ok either way. I love Amy Adams as an actor and she was one of my biggest crushes growing up but it may be time to recast Lois.

If Amy comes back it may, like with Cavill, give her an opportunity to shine without Snyder’s dour tone. Plus Lois was apparently pregnant at the end of Justice League so that could be an interesting plot point for her to expand the character.

Though it may be good to recast to show that, yes Cavill is back, but the world has been rebooted and we’re getting a fresh start. Supergirl is here, we have new actors in the roles, and we can move on from the events of BvS and Justice League (which helped make the DC brand toxic).

If they bring back Cavill, I see no reason why she shouldn't come back.

She wasn't my favorite Lois but she's a fantastic actress and I think it was mostly the writing holding her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they bring back Cavill, I see no reason why she shouldn't come back.

She wasn't my favorite Lois but she's a fantastic actress and I think it was mostly the writing holding her back.
    I think the writing was holding everyone back, personally. Both had the potential to be good Clark and Lois, but the writing held them bac.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

You know people say that..But then Clark is written as preachy and paternalistic more than not.Superman becomes some funnel for nostalgia.lois is basically female clark in perspective.Gone is the cynical city girl. No one bats an eye.So I don't understand what people mean by "shine".lois and clark needs a reboot as whole(comics everywhere).The relationship is boring now.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"