View Poll Results: Amy Adams back in MOS2: Yay or Nay?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay! Loved Amy Adams' Lois Lane!

10 27.78%
  • Yay. Let's see what a different director and writer can do with Amy's Lois

13 36.11%
  • Nay. Let's see what a different actress could do with the role

9 25.00%
  • Nay! Hated Amy Adams' Lois Lane!

4 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

This strange fascination with actors getting a second chance is very weird to me. The only actors who deserve a second would be Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder after the crap WB put them through in Superman II-IV. Other than that, yeah, it's time to move on. It's been almost ten years.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    This strange fascination with actors getting a second chance is very weird to me. The only actors who deserve a second would be Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder after the crap WB put them through in Superman II-IV. Other than that, yeah, it's time to move on. It's been almost ten years.
    How does that statement even make sense? Nobody deserves another chance except the only pairing to get four chances. Lol.

That said, their mini reunion in Smallville was super heartwarming.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You know people say that..But then Clark is written as preachy and paternalistic more than not.Superman becomes some funnel for nostalgia.lois is basically female clark in perspective.Gone is the cynical city girl. No one bats an eye.So I don't understand what people mean by "shine".lois and clark needs a reboot as whole(comics everywhere).The relationship is boring now.
    They work in Superman and Lois.

I do think Adams' Lois could use more of her traditional fiery wit and tongue.

Mighty Member

I love Amy Adams as Lois Lane. I want her back as Lois Lane. I believed that she had great chemistry with Henry Cavill.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    How does that statement even make sense? Nobody deserves another chance except the only pairing to get four chances. Lol.

That said, their mini reunion in Smallville was super heartwarming.
    Did you not see the **** quality of the films by IV? There's a good reason why when people think of those movies, the 1978 movie everyone points toward (some people fondly remember Superman II). So yeah, Reeve and Kidder deserved another shot at a quality Superman movie.

Did you not see the **** quality of the films by IV? There's a good reason why when people think of those movies, the 1978 movie everyone points toward (some people fondly remember Superman II). So yeah, Reeve and Kidder deserved another shot at a quality Superman movie.
    Had they made a fifth movie? Sure, I would've wanted those two to be in it, but I think if you combine all the factors such as actors' interest, there wasn't much left to drive a fifth flick.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I just love that you didn't see the irony in what you said.

Statement 1 - I don't understand why people want actors to get another shot.

Statement 2 - I want the actors who got the most shots to have had another shot.

PS, I love Superman VI. It is just the perfect kind of crap that is a joy to watch and laugh at.

I could be frustrated that it made a joke of the franchise but III had already scorched that earth.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Had they made a fifth movie? Sure, I would've wanted those two to be in it, but I think if you combine all the factors such as actors' interest, there wasn't much left to drive a fifth flick.
    Right? And the movies got dramatically worse each time. I don't see why anyone would assume a hypothetical fifth movie wouldn't have been worse still.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You know people say that..But then Clark is written as preachy and paternalistic more than not.Superman becomes some funnel for nostalgia.lois is basically female clark in perspective.Gone is the cynical city girl. No one bats an eye.So I don't understand what people mean by "shine".lois and clark needs a reboot as whole(comics everywhere).The relationship is boring now.
    The better stories don't have Clark as preachy - and paternalistic has existed in the character since basically his inception, so that's just something you'll have to live with (I get why you aren't into it and what you read that as, but it is what it is). The writing in MoS does the worst thing: robs Clark of agency and any real ability to drive plot beyond a few moments that even then need an asterisk. For a character as kinetic (and plot-kinetic) as Superman, that's just frustrating on a level that can't be put into words.

The SR and MoS actors deserve more chances because they also got royally screwed by their respective directors/writers/producers and the company. As for Chris and Margot, I wish they'd have had another as well, but it didn't happen. I'm happy to complain about that right alongside you, but the same applies to the SR and MoS as well.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I'm just curious, who's an example of an actor who didn't deserve a second chance at a superhero role? And why did that actor not deserve a second chance? Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:

George Clooney and Jesse Eisenberg - miscast
    Ezra Miller - duh

I'm just curious, who's an example of an actor who didn't deserve a second chance at a superhero role? And why did that actor not deserve a second chance? Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:

Ezra Miller - duh
    Ryan Reynolds would probably nominate himself for GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Ryan Reynolds would probably nominate himself for GL.
    Heh, good one.

Of course, I'm on the camp that GL is underrated; not good, but it's badness is overrated, so I would've been OK with RR in a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I just love that you didn't see the irony in what you said.

Statement 1 - I don't understand why people want actors to get another shot.

Statement 2 - I want the actors who got the most shots to have had another shot.

PS, I love Superman VI. It is just the perfect kind of crap that is a joy to watch and laugh at.

I could be frustrated that it made a joke of the franchise but III had already scorched that earth.
    Yeah, I know my statement. It's the reason why I stated ONLY, as in they're the exception (and they're both dead). The quality of the last films are dog ****. They deserved one more film to make up for it. Sure, you can laugh at it, but Superman didn't get another live-action movie for over two decades.

Ezra Miller - duh
    I'll take **** for this, but Margot Robbie. She's not a good Harley Quinn.

I will say that, in terms of overall talent and professional accomplishment, no Lois Lane actress comes remotely close to Amy Adams.

I had no problem with her returning.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin