Default Opinions on Star Wars Legends: The Clone Wars (Comic Series)

Pretty much same as title. I've been thinking about picking up some of the epic collections for the series, but I'm not entirely sure of the quality of the stories within—don't want to read anything boring or nonsensical, y'know? Just wondering what the general consensus is on the series before spending any money on the epics.

EDIT: and if the epics are worth getting, would it be better just to wait for an omni?

Thanks for your time!

(Thx to mods for moving)
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 11-20-2022 at 12:48 PM.

The Ostrander stuff is real good. It's a somewhat darker and alternate version of the Clone Wars (Somewhat in more continuity with the cartoon shorts). There's no Ashoka for example (Something that kind of confused a lot of fans trying to make a coherent timeline of everything until Disney wiped this from canon). Anakin is promoted to Knight later in the wars, etc. Also a lot of stuff with Quinlan Vos, who was originally a comics character (although based on a TPM extra).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Ostrander stuff is real good. It's a somewhat darker and alternate version of the Clone Wars (Somewhat in more continuity with the cartoon shorts). There's no Ashoka for example (Something that kind of confused a lot of fans trying to make a coherent timeline of everything until Disney wiped this from canon). Anakin is promoted to Knight later in the wars, etc. Also a lot of stuff with Quinlan Vos, who was originally a comics character (although based on a TPM extra).
    The Quinlan Vos stories were really fantastic.

I also really loved the series directly after the Clone Wars era, Dark Times, so I'd suggest getting those if you like Clone Wars
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Dark Times is so good. The more stuff I see the more the period between Episode 3 and Episode 4 is becoming my favorite era of Star Wars.

If your looking for a good Epic Collection I would highly recommend Star Wars Legends Epic Collections: The Empire vol 1. I has the last few issues of the Star Wars: Republic series and all the Purge mini series and one shots along with the Darth Vader and the Lost Command mini and the first 5 issues of Star Wars: Dark Times. It basically is all set right after the fall of the Jedi with Darth Vader hunting down and killing any surviving Jedi. Such good stuff.

Quinlan Vos is the GOAT.