Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How about a book with all the dead members of the Titans?

Risk
    HotSpot
    Pantha
    Wildebeest
    Terra
    Gnarkk
    Damage (Grant Emerson)
    Danny Chase
    Dove (Don Hall)
    Hawk (Holly Granger)
    Kid Devil
    Osiris
    Phantasm... (or that was Danny Chase?)
    Solstice
    Protector
    Power Boy...
    The whole flock of the Team Titans (they count as dead, right?)....

My god, you could have two whole teams of dead Titans.
    With that amount of dead Titans. I would like to see the Team Titans brand being ressurected as a "dead heroes club" covert ops branch for the Titans. Lesser well known Titans such as Mirage could also join this branch as well.

Oh wow I thought we saw Sweet 16 again for the Zandia attack with the Wonder Twins. Or was that YJ?

And any chance to see deep cuts like Mirage, Shado, the Ravens, Double Dare, members of Soyuz, or the Body Doubles is always welcome
    Last edited by Stanlos; 11-30-2022 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Oh wow I thought we saw Sweet 16 again for the Zandia attack with the Wonder Twins. Or was that YJ?

And any chance to see deep cuts like Mirage, Shado, the Ravens, Double Dare, members of Soyuz, or the Body Doubles is always welcome
    Sweet 16 along with other Titan recruitment possibles Kid Emotion and Solution showed up in Young Justice with various other young heroes to attack Zandia.

Shado is a member of the new Stormwatch operating out of the Justice League Watchtower.

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 11-30-2022 at 08:14 AM.

It’s interesting that most of these “create your own DC team” ends up with people wanting each of them to be as big as LOSH, which we know most current writers would struggle with.
    “Titans doesn’t work? Let’s have 30 members on the team, that will fix it!”

To me LOSH should be DC’s biggest team by far because fans of the book are already comfortable with the idea that they won’t see their favorites every issue.
    Then JSA, because it’s also meant to be a big society of heroes.
    Then JLA, but I wouldn’t make it larger than the satellite era.
    Then Titans I think should be the smaller of them because it’s a book historically more focused on characterisation, dealing mostly with popular characters that don’t have their own books.

So…
    LOSH: 30 members max
    JSA: 20 members max
    JL: 15 members max
    Titans: 10 members max

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It’s interesting that most of these “create your own DC team” ends up with people wanting each of them to be as big as LOSH, which we know most current writers would struggle with.
    I feel like most of the current writers already struggle once a team has more the 3-5 members...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I feel like most of the current writers already struggle once a team has more the 3-5 members...
    I feel like that's been a problem for writers going back decades, not recent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Shado is a member of the new Stormwatch operating out of the Justice League Watchtower.

I think that is Emiko's mom, who also went by the name of Shado. In these days Emiko goes by Red Arrow.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

To me LOSH should be DC’s biggest team by far because fans of the book are already comfortable with the idea that they won’t see their favorites every issue.
    Then Titans I think should be the smaller of them because it’s a book historically more focused on characterisation, dealing mostly with popular characters that don’t have their own books.

So…
    Indeed. Fan made team are most of the time too large to be working teams. They are fun to make and I suppose than most of us would like to see all the characters in active, but that practically is not possible in a book. More members most of the time means ends with a lot of characters just becoming cameo appearances.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

That's why I support
    Titans
    Teen Titans
    Young Justice

Titans is of course
    Dick
    Kory
    Raven
    Gar
    Donna
    Wally
    Then add Roy or garth to it

Teen titans
    Jon
    Damian
    The rest of their age

YJ
    Kon
    Tim
    Cassie
    Bart
    Aqualad(Jackson or kaldur)
    Ms martian
    Blue beetle
    Static
    Feels like the comic and show together
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

So…
    Something I always wondered about JSA historically: were JSA and All Star Squadron the same team? Like, did one predate the other and eventually evolve into it?

Indeed. Fan made team are most of the time too large to be working teams. They are fun to make and I suppose than most of us would like to see all the characters in active, but that practically is not possible in a book. More members most of the time means ends with a lot of characters just becoming cameo appearances.
    Didn't Gerard Jones try that ginormous League thing right around the Scarabus/PGsBaby story?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    That's why I support
    Titans
    Teen Titans
    Young Justice

Titans is of course
    Dick
    Kory
    Raven
    Gar
    Donna
    Wally
    Then add Roy or garth to it

Teen titans
    Jon
    Damian
    The rest of their age

YJ
    Kon
    Tim
    Cassie
    Bart
    Aqualad(Jackson or kaldur)
    Ms martian
    Blue beetle
    Static
    Feels like the comic and show together
    Wow. Cyborg no mo Titan good?

Big rosters can work if you approach it like the JLU cartoon; use a couple big name draws with a few less popular characters in each arc/issue, and just rotate through the cast. I know everybody brings up JLU when talking about big rosters so it's kinda cliche, but it's still true.

Generally I think you're totally right though. I feel like most writers cap out around 5-6 members, with a full 7 being a bit of a stretch for the average writer and the quality dropping fast the more people they try to juggle. But larger groups can, have, and do work as long as you can break it down into smaller, easily digestible bits. And the McDuffie/JLU structure isn't difficult to write or work with, it's not something that requires a major, Grant Morrison level talent; nearly anyone can pick four or five characters from a roster of 15+ and find something interesting for them to do for twenty pages.

That does mean that your favorite character/s won't show up in each issue or arc, but it's a team book not a solo so nobody should be expecting "solo" treatment in the first place. Even Batman doesn't show up in *every* issue of JL, after all.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-01-2022 at 02:44 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Something I always wondered about JSA historically: were JSA and All Star Squadron the same team? Like, did one predate the other and eventually evolve into it?
    No the All Star Squadron was introduced as a retcon in the 1980s in the series of the same name that was set in World War 2.

It basically a team made up almost all Golden Age Characters, including the ones from other publishers that DC acquired at some point and afiak some that were retroactively introduced in that series. Among these were the JSA, the Seven Soldiers of Victory and and a lot of other characters.

The JSA on the other hand goes back to actual golden age comics.

No. The JSA was created in the Golden Age. The All-Star Squadron was created in the '80's and retroactively set in the 40's soon after Pearl Harbor was attacked. It was, at FDR's suggestion, supposed to an organization of all of America's superheroes or "mystery men", although in practice Roy Thomas focused on most of the JSA members, A number of unaffiliated heroes, and a select number of Quality Comics characters (even though Thomas mostly ignored the vast majority of QC characters unless he needed cannon fodder.) Some of the DC heroes only ever really appeared in crowd scenes.

Short version: JSA didn't evolve into ASS but was simply part of it.