Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of DC

Default Dawn of DC

It looks like DC is TRAILBLAZING ahead with their new initiative, so... Whattya guys think? It looks like Infinite Frontier 2.0 to me, except they're actually doing interesting stuff with the new guys. Infinite Frontier and Dark Crisis have basically just been long set-up arcs, methinks.

Confirmed Titles: Superman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern: Hal Jordan, Green Lantern: John Stewart, Shazam!, Doom Patrol, Cyborg, Superboy: Man of Tomorrow, Penguin, Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and judging from all those Future State characters... A good bit more to come!

P.S. Got that first image from some stan on Twitter, but it is official.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 11-20-2022 at 05:22 PM.

I always hope for the best, and am often disappointed.

It's nice to see some emphasis on non-Bat characters. Thrilled that Cyborg is getting another shot, curious about how Doom Patrol will play out, and it's nice to see Arrow, the Lanterns, Shazam, etc., back in books.

We're not exactly dealing with C- and D-listers here, these are all big name IP, but most of them haven't had a book in a while, in some cases a real long while, so that's good.

Seems like a solid initiative that's confronting the problems in the publishing line....but we'll see how it goes; Rebirth was supposed to be the same thing and course-correct after DCYOU went too far off the rails. This Dawn of DC sounds good, but let's see how it actually plays out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah that big Dan Mora image was in the DC connect where it came from.

But yeah I'm pretty excited by the titles announced and I hope the future titles they announce will be just as good.

I'm definitely excited for the next run of Superman comics, both Action and Jon Kent. I'm excited to finally get a release date on that Conner Kent series because he's a favorite of mine too in the Superfamily.

Two green lantern books are awesome, and I like both writers on them. My hope is that we do get to see other Green Lantern Corps members of course

World's Finest has been a lot of fun so having the same creative team taking over for Shazam sounds great.

I'm always happy to see a little more Doom Patrol, though I think I need to wait and see how the Lazarus Planet issue goes first to get an idea on the series.

And finally an all time childhood favorite of mine Cyborg is getting a brand new series.

Add on top of this the JSA, Stargirl, Blue Beetle, and other books I'm currently reading....

Last edited by sifighter; 11-20-2022 at 05:49 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So far Doom Patrol and Danger Street. Maybe Superboy or Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It looks like DC is TRAILBLAZING ahead with their new initiative, so... Whattya guys think? It looks like Infinite Frontier 2.0 to me, except they're actually doing interesting stuff with the new guys. Infinite Frontier and Dark Crisis have basically just been long set-up arcs, methinks.

Confirmed Titles: Superman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern: Hal Jordan, Green Lantern: John Stewart, Shazam!, Doom Patrol, Cyborg, Superboy: Man of Tomorrow, Penguin, Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and judging from all those Future State characters... A good bit more to come!

Wait there are Batman: The Brave and The Bold title? I hope DC utilities and give spotlights for DC lesser popular characters there

It looks like DC is TRAILBLAZING ahead with their new initiative, so... Whattya guys think? It looks like Infinite Frontier 2.0 to me, . . . .
    Maybe more like " Rebirth 2.0 "?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's nice to see some emphasis on non-Bat characters. Thrilled that Cyborg is getting another shot, curious about how Doom Patrol will play out, and it's nice to see Arrow, the Lanterns, Shazam, etc., back in books.

We're not exactly dealing with C- and D-listers here, these are all big name IP, but most of them haven't had a book in a while, in some cases a real long while, so that's good.

Seems like a solid initiative that's confronting the problems in the publishing line....but we'll see how it goes; Rebirth was supposed to be the same thing and course-correct after DCYOU went too far off the rails. This Dawn of DC sounds good, but let's see how it actually plays out.
    Rebirth was Geoff John's baby got sidetracked when Johns got demoted and Didio took all the reigns back. As there doesn't look to be any kind of power struggle going on this time, it should play out pretty solidly.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe more like " Rebirth 2.0 "?
    Well, Rebirth was still pretty solely focused on the traditional Superman, Batman, etc. I mean, there was Titans, but... They screwed Wally West over there. Not that speedsters don't normally get screwed over.

So, wait, should this be the thread for discussing the new initiative or should we just use the Rumors and Discussion Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, wait, should this be the thread for discussing the new initiative or should we just use the Rumors and Discussion Thread?
    I always assumed the news and rumors threads were for teases and overall announcements where thread specifics are specifically about that one story or series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That doesn't mean they'll all get their own books. I can see Barry getting a book, and Avery being in that, rather than her getting her own. Malik is also probably actually supporting cast to Black Adam. Cyborg has his own book but is only shown with the Titans. The two Aquamen would likely share a book, though one or both could also be on teams. Diana and Yara are definitely sharing a book, Yara's going to be Diana's crimefighting partner.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Well, two Green Lantern series, Green Arrow, Shazam (with Waid and Mora), Cyborg, Doom Patrol (but I'm not sure about creative team), it already looks better, than IF.
    Besides that, it seems like Taylor is getting Titans, and also there is going to be some Hawkman/Hawkgirl series. Regarding legacies I'm not certain, maybe Legacy League or something like that is indeed going to be a thing.

I think that the teen titans writer will be Williamson because all his creation are in the image: Flatline, Red Canary..

Extraordinary Member

I wonder what villains will be mooving on up in this new DCU

Honestly I like the push Punchline is getting, with way joker daughter was a quick fad and Gotham city sirens are now all in anti hero area
    a new femme fatal was needed