Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Apparently the Reedy creek decision might be reversed (Doesn't take effect until Summer next year anyway). Some are wondering if it was just a political stunt. No reports if Iger's reinstatement had anything to do with it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Apparently the Reedy creek decision might be reversed (Doesn't take effect until Summer next year anyway). Some are wondering if it was just a political stunt. No reports if Iger's reinstatement had anything to do with it.
    I don't think it was just a political stunt. It was another in a long line of horrendous ideas from DeSatntis. I think the legislature realized how much it would cost State and local governments and had second thoughts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Niffleheim

It would have cost the state $1B in tax so nope I don't think Iger had anything to do with It but he will still be perceived as the person that brought Disney the win while he's the CEO.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah that move to punish Disney backfired and If I was Disney I'd just go ahead and punch HARD back when they do reverse it. Igor should release a statement like... "Today the Florida legislature reversed a terrible proposal that was headlined by its Governor to hurt a corporation but would have hurt the citizens of Florida instead. We fought hard to protect them from this undue burden and thanks to our work we saved Florida residents from $1+ billion in taxes that we at Disney pay."

Spike the ball in DeSantis face as he takes a L.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Igor not going anywhere for now. Contract extended.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...on-1235533307/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Igor not going anywhere for now. Contract extended.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...on-1235533307/
    There was talk Iger maybe at risk due to a couple box office bombs. They seem to know he's the best choice to keep going.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Disney got some issues...........I think Iger underestimated the scope of some of them to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Disney got some issues...........I think Iger underestimated the scope of some of them to be honest.
    Nah. He's gonna sell off a lot of fat like some TV stuff and a studio or 2...He knows how to do it, so they gotta keep him around...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Nah. He's gonna sell off a lot of fat like some TV stuff and a studio or 2...He knows how to do it, so they gotta keep him around...
    He's going to try. He's not getting anywhere near what most of that stuff used to be worth, for various reasons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    He's going to try. He's not getting anywhere near what most of that stuff used to be worth, for various reasons.
    Why?

For which reasons?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Yeah, Iger knows how to "wheel and deal".

His primary focus now is sell off the Indian parts of the biz. Disney+ struggles is mostly in that part of the world, not here in the "west". I mean, Disney's market cap is in the hundreds of billions, if they needed capital, they could easily convert that equity into cash. However, I can't imagine that would ever happen except their theme parks collapses which isn't likely (although theme parks have been struggling lately).

Disney (like Amazon and Apple) isn't primarily a movie studio and their net income is up year on year. I mean, apart from Ant-man and the Wasp (and maybe Elemental), none of their movies have lost money. Heck, Avatar 2 made well over 2 billion, BP 2 made over $800m and Dr Strange 2 made near a billion. But in corporate America, if profits "don't grow enough" then people lose their jobs and business scaled back while the CEO makes tens of millions! (sorry, I just had to rant because it's so unfair).

Iger from reports wants to sell off FX , FXX and National Geographic as well as ABC.

When I looked at Disney's sources of revenue, the Cable networks like ESPN are the highest source. I guess those channels involve more money in expense than money they bring in as revenue. Or it may be that Iger sees Cable as going away in the future.

Is it though? I don't see why Cable channels can't just stay alive and well by doing subscriptions and going full custom rather than continuing with the advertising models of the past.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Why?

For which reasons?
    Depends on the unit. Parks have different reasons from streaming and broadcast, which in turn differ from reasons for their movie and TV slates. And that's all a long, long post.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    When I looked at Disney's sources of revenue, the Cable networks like ESPN are the highest source. I guess those channels involve more money in expense than money they bring in as revenue. Or it may be that Iger sees Cable as going away in the future.

Is it though? I don't see why Cable channels can't just stay alive and well by doing subscriptions and going full custom rather than continuing with the advertising models of the past.
    I don't think anyone's quite figured all that out yet.