Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Hilariously, the right-wing bigots on youtube were celebrating Iger's departure 2 years ago.

I wonder what they will say now considering he practically greenlit almost all of Marvel's stuff before he left.
    Iger right now preparing a statement to shareholders about how they're going to completely retarget Disney Studios' future output to satisfy the desires of a few thousand massively outspoken online white men.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

"You are needed..."

"Hell, no. I'm retired. I'm happy here fishin' and whittlin' and playin' horsie with my grandkids."

"But there is a new evil in the world that only someone of your talents can confront, Bob. The one called.... DeSantis."

"...Alright. But you owe me, big time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Hilariously, the right-wing bigots on youtube were celebrating Iger's departure 2 years ago.

I wonder what they will say now considering he practically greenlit almost all of Marvel's stuff before he left.
    I remember them saying stupid crap like Chapek is playing 4D Chess when these fools can barely grasp checkers.

Truth is if you want to know the status of the company check out the YouTube Channels that cover Disney exclusively like Off Hand Disney this was met with celebration.

These idiots who blame "wokeness" for the ills of the world don't realize SW, Pixar, and even Marvel while great IPs to own aren't where Disney makes their real money that's the Parks, Cruise Lines, and Resorts they bring in monthly what one Marvel movie does during its theatrical run and mean the big Marvel hits.

If someone talks about the state of Disney and never mentions the Parks then I know they don't know ****.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Disney has been taken a lot of losses recently. The theatrical MCU releases and ESPN have been caring the load.

But the Disney+ MCU shows, Disney+ Star Wars shows, Pixar's recent films flopping (Onward, Soul, Luca, Turning Red and Lightyear), Disney animated and live action movies flopping (Mulan, Cruella, Raya The Last Dragon, Encanto). Also with word that Disney is expecting their upcoming movie Strange World to flop and Indiana Jones V is testing poorly. Someone's head was bound to role for this.

Chapek was formerly in charge of managing the theme parks for Disney. I'm not sure how they have been doing, but I imagine their performance is down as well.

Not to say that everything list above is Chapek's fault, but he's the man holding the wheel atm. Hell, Disney is still trying to pay off the 20th Century Fox acquisition that Iger closed on. Where they spent WAY too much money to buy Fox. To say nothing of all the loans Disney took out to cover their debts during the pandemic.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-21-2022 at 07:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Yes they could have.
    What are they?

Measles?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Not to say that everything list above is Chapek's fault, but he's the man holding the wheel atm.
    Alot of this could also go back to decisions from Igner back when he was the CEO.

I mean the production time for movies is pretty long...

The parks are a mess right now and universal parks had a big jump thanks to it. Universal had its best few years after chapek took over disney!

Wonder if igor will trim down the marvel stuff? Quality over quantity? Chapek put yes men and his banker pal in charge of kevin Feige and the other division heads. That will be the first to go from igor i bet.

But the Disney+ MCU shows, Disney+ Star Wars shows, Pixar's recent films flopping (Onward, Soul, Luca, Turning Red and Lightyear), Disney animated and live action movies flopping (Mulan, Cruella, Raya The Last Dragon, Encanto). Also with word that Disney is expecting their upcoming movie Strange World to flop and Indiana Jones V is testing poorly. Someone's head was bound to role for this.
    Raya didn't bomb. It did ok in theatres even at the early theatres opening up post 2020 stage. Also, luca, soul and turning red were never in theatres other than a few LA and new york theatres to count for oscars. Another dumb chapek choice. He stabbed the theatres in the back after they had full ads up for these films than yanked them month from release for his streaming app. Rescue rangers was removed from theatres also only getting LA theatre showings. All should have been in theatres. Prey gets called out also.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Raya didn't bomb. It did ok in theatres even at the early theatres opening up post 2020 stage. Also, luca, soul and turning red were never in theatres other than a few LA and new york theatres to count for oscars. Another dumb chapek choice. He stabbed the theatres in the back after they had full ads up for these films than yanked them month from release for his streaming app. Rescue rangers was removed from theatres also only getting LA theatre showings. All should have been in theatres. Prey gets called out also.
    Is that right? I had no idea. These movies are the furthest thing from cheap to produce, market and distribute. Chapek really went all in on Streaming for movies that could and should've been in theaters?

Despite the fact that this isn't late 2000s/early 2010 Netflix days. When there was no streaming competition. You also can't neglect the fast turnaround from theater to home video now. 3-4 months in most cases. With some movies being available to buy on iTunes, Vudu/Fandango and Amazon the while the film is debuting in theaters.

Damn, son.

I forgot about Prey. I thought that could have used a theatrical release.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Marvel Films (beyond Eternals) make money for Disney. He isn't gonna approve a lot of Marvel shows on Disney+. The rumored next Moon Knight could be pushed to film. If Werewolf by Night returns it could be a feature film too.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ironic thing is disney just renewed chapeks contract. This means even fired they still have to pay him! Oops.

I posted in another thread--

Igor should have never picked him to start with! From removing films like turning red and rescue rangers from theatres stabbing theatre chains in the back after some of these films were getting promoted in theatres to the scarlo lawsuit (and ignoring the big heads in hollywood telling him to settle this before it makes news including the actor guild head who offered to help him fix it and chapek brushed him off!) to putting his yes men and banker buddy in charge taking the power from the division heads like kevin Fiege to the mess in the parks right now leading to universal jumping up in popularity to his forcing the imagineers to move to Florida or your fired only to have the move delayed anyways leading to many of disney best imagineers leaving to universal including one of the biggest in the business.

There is a reason chapek is so hated on the park forums! He did this crap even before he was ceo! Igor screwed up as well but chapek screwed up from day 1!

Ultimate Member

The real problems Disney have faced lately comes from their parks which was hammered by the covid-19 lockdowns. The neckbeards on YouTube dont even know that 60% of the company's operating income comes from those areas.

Chapek made some very bad decisions in that area. On the entertainment side, he's completely messed up Pixar and frankly most people can't even distinguish between cinema and direct to streaming releases anymore. It seems like everything Pixar is going straight to Disney+ which has completely messed up that brand.

On the Marvel side, the way he handled the Black Widow release public feud with ScarJo and subsequent statement was a PR disaster (and its release strategy really hurt BW at the box office).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The parks are a mess right now and universal parks had a big jump thanks to it. Universal had its best few years after chapek took over disney!

Wonder if igor will trim down the marvel stuff? Quality over quantity? Chapek put yes men and his banker pal in charge of kevin Feige and the other division heads. That will be the first to go from igor i bet.

Exactly this.

Pixar was a box office juggernaut but Chapek completely messed up that side of things.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Iger right now preparing a statement to shareholders about how they're going to completely retarget Disney Studios' future output to satisfy the desires of a few thousand massively outspoken online white men.
    Lolol..

They forget that Bob Iger very publicly criticised Florida's dont say gay bill.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    But the + MCU shows, Disney+ Star Wars shows, Pixar's recent films flopping (Onward, Soul, Luca, Turning Red and Lightyear), Disney animated and live action movies flopping (Mulan, Cruella, Raya The Last Dragon, Encanto). Also with word that Disney is expecting their upcoming movie Strange World to flop and Indiana Jones V is testing poorly. Someone's head was bound to role for this.
    The Disney plus MCU and Star Wars shows did not flop.

Niffleheim

It won't surprise me If the parks tiered pricing alienated so many ppl that they are running towards Universal theme parks.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough