2 6.06%
  • sweet potato

1 3.03%
  • other

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Favorite Flavor of Pie

Since we're near the holidays, I thought I'd ask what everyone's favorite pie flavor is.

It can be any type for any season. I'm sure I left some favorites off, but I only have 15 slots to fill on the poll that's coming.

Retired

I voted cherry pie, because this is the pie I could have in the real world. I like a cherry pie, although the last time I had one I nearly went in a sugar coma.

In the imaginary world my favourite pie is pumpkin pie, but that's Mom's pumpkin pie, made from scratch using pumpkin grown in Dad's garden. Since they have both passed on it is not possible to have that pie in the real world. Only in heaven.

In the real world, after cherry I would take a pecan pie, an apple pie--and if I could find one I'd have key lime pie, but those are rare. I wouldn't mind a lemon pie, but again the ideal lemon pie is my Mom's lemon pie, because she made a great meringue and a great pie crust.

She also made a banana pie with meringue, but I'm allergic to bananas. The pie would look beautiful with that meringue--but those good looks were hiding an evil secret.

Also in the imaginary world is a rhubarb pie made from rhubarb grown in my Dad's garden. Of course, I could eat a rhubarb pie or a pumpkin pie in the real world, but they would taste of disappointment and loss.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

On Thursday, we’ll have sweet potato and mincemeat, so those were top-of-mind. I went with sweet potato because it doesn’t need anything else with it, like whipped cream or ice cream. Cherry is the only other pie I eat during the rest of the year, so that could be the choice any other time, but it needs ice cream or I’m not interested.

Not really a fan of any other kind of sweet pie (I do like savory pies). I’m more of a cake person.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

chocolate easy

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Apple pie, ALL day long!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Chocolate Pie for me followed by a good Apple then Pumpkin.

Every year I have a Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving and Christmas but this year I am burnt out on it and am having Chocolate
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Nobody likes Humble Pie.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

key lime for me

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Nobody likes Humble Pie.
    I love them.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I love them.

I stand corrected

Boisterously Confused

On one hand, I freely concede that mincemeat is a pie. On the other, I have a hard time viewing it as a member of the club given the rest of the options. But, to each his own.

Raspberry pie is my favourite pie. Otherwise apple pie is very well too…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    On one hand, I freely concede that mincemeat is a pie. On the other, I have a hard time viewing it as a member of the club given the rest of the options. But, to each his own.
    In terms of popularity, I agree. I had someone think I was actually offering them a meat pie for dessert one year at Thanksgiving because they'd never heard of it.

However, for me, it's more of a pie than chocolate, because I think of dessert pie as primarily being made from some kind of fruit. Although, I am the only vote for the pie made from a vegetable in the above list, but close enough. To me, chocolate pie is pudding in an edible bowl.

Astonishing Member

Oh I like apple pie, Boston pie, coconut custard pie....but nothing is better than a slice of: PoonTang Pie!!

Poor peach pie has zero votes......that should be everyman's favourite!