Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Mega Man vs the God of War franchise

Megaman has to fight his way through each GoW game, glossing over any plot incompatibilities. He has access to every weapon/upgrade he's ever had in the main canon, but his weapon energy only gets refilled in between titles. How does he do.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Without E-Tanks or anything, he'd have to be played by an expert to make it through most of the game. But without the Gods/plot giving him Godly power-ups through the story, I doubt he'd be able to beat any of the actual Gods.

Also I don't think Atlas (Or whomever that big Titan Kratos had to climb for days to get to the top of and talk to in God of War) had enough robot-length outcroppings that Mega Man could jump up, and None of Mega Man's flying powers would get him that high.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Rush has been shown to be perfectly capable of flying him up skyscrapers, and outside of gameplay, runs continuously just fine, so I doubt that's an issue. He's also rocking the magnet beam if he ever wants a platform. By saying his weapon energy doesn't get restored I wasn't meaning to limit things that have been shown outside of gameplay not to actually run out of power. A lot of GoW characters and mooks wouldn't even get the opportunity to touch him either. He's got multiple timestops and large AoE attacks, as well as a number of homing weapons. An attack from his weakest weapon that that completely 100% did not hit Bass, still threw him a good hundred feet and put his body a couple feet into reinforced concrete. That's gonna take care of pretty much any and all of the chaff (i.e. the things that aren't gods or don't have feats) that might otherwise be a drain on Mega Man's health, and his health is being measured against weapons that are all a lot stronger than that, and stuff like being run over by fifty foot tall tanks and continuously electrocuted. A skull fortress collapsing on him in 8 left him uninjured with the only thing hurting him at that time being the dark energy poisoning him. Strengthwise, he has the skull fortress ceiling lift as his main onscreen strength feat - we don't see how much offscreen he was lifting, but just from how much screen real estate it consumes (like around 5x9 Dr Light lengths) and the fact that it appears to be mostly metal, and the entire fortress 100% crumbles into scrap the very second Rock is no longer holding it up, he should be well within range of the general strength feats we see from most GoW stuff, though not the really high end stuff. Bass pretty trivially snapped a bunch of elevator cables with a pinned limb, for what it's worth, but that's about all we get for strength establishing feats otherwise.

he'd have to be played by an expert to make it through most of the game.
    I mean extra lives are a gaming abstraction. Passwords and continues are *extra* a gaming abstraction. Mega Man is the quintessential expert Mega Man player. He literally has to be
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-22-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Rush has been upgraded for long-term flight (including space flight in MMV) with his own buster canons before, and in MM8, Mega Man is able to cycle through his weapons and call upon his wacky sidekicks for artillery support while riding him. On the one hand, the Gods could maybe cheat with magic somehow, but I didn't play enough of the games to really see what all they could do. Most fights seemed to devolve into straight brawls. In fights, I don't recall most of the battles doing substantially more damage than Mega Man's own weaponry implies, so theoretically he could just fly and hammer the battle field with endless fire power. I don't doubt Mega Man's got a few weapons able to make an Olympian bleed, between numerous elemental attacks, missile barrages, etc.

Strength-wise, though, Kratos was able to resist getting crushed by Atlas trying to squish him between his hands, and that should put him at least on par with Mega Man's ceiling lift, I would think, which implies the other gods have to be durable enough to take a few hits from a guy like that. Some of the gods are definitely making him work for it, even if he can fairly handily deal with everything else. Even Persephone had a one-shot kill move if you failed the grapple-check.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean extra lives are a gaming abstraction. Passwords and continues are *extra* a gaming abstraction. Mega Man is the quintessential expert Mega Man player. He literally has to be
    He's a Robot. Extra Lives could Dr. Light fixing him up after Mega Man breaks himself again.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!